Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 3:37:50 PM EDT
First of all, CFR is an evil limit on free speech.

My point, however, is that the media may severely regret they got what they wanted, which is CFR.  Conservatives decried CFR saying that it would essentially give even more power to the broadcast media.  While we citizens would be limited in what we could say about candidates beginning 60 days before a general election, the press would be absolutely free to push their liberal agenda.

There may be one brilliant problem with that.  Rather than assembling greater control, the media may lose ground even faster to the net.  People will seek out what they desire.  As Americans, we for the most part love bare-knuckles politics.  Since the media will no longer provide that to us, we will turn to the net.

Every minute on the net is less time spent with the media.  While the lelftist media ends up with a monopoly on the message, the number of people purchasing their version conceivably will decline even further.

The Swifties benefitted more from the net than from TV.  

With the government increasing control over the airwaves, how far off are we from internet only streaming live news.

Just as the AWB turned out to be the worst imaginable victory for the Left, CFR may be the second great political disaster for the liberal media.

I'm just a box salesman from Texas.  If I can see this, I imagine that W, Rove, and the rest of the GOP can see this, too.  As much as we hate CFR and its short-term results, W and the SCOTUS may have given us a victory we will soon relish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top