Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 2:39:26 PM EDT
I don't think this has been discussed recently.

I am mixed on cloning. I think cloning human body parts would help tremendously people with bad hearts or lungs or whatnot... It would let a kid with cancer potentially live until he/she was 60...

But, I'm against cloning people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I think we should make a clone army and take over the world.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Parts-yes.
People-no.

The how to part would be the bitch of it all.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing as how a cloned baby would be the same as any other baby, I see no reason not to do it ONCE the technology is perfected.  Right now it is most definitely NOT.  Right now, cloned animals live much shorter lives than regular ones and suffer from various ailments.  It would be unethical to do that with a human.
Cloning tissue I have no problems with---it's a damned good idea actually.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
How about:

Cloning should NOT be restricted; cloning research could help mankind medically.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about:

Cloning should NOT be restricted; cloning research could help mankind medically.

Cloning is making a clone. Cloning research is stems cells and stuff like that that helps with medical procedures, cancer, body parts, viral stuff, ect.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
bagels?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
bagels?

first thing i thought of
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about:

Cloning is making a clone. Cloning research is stems cells and stuff like that that helps with medical procedures, cancer, body parts, viral stuff, ect.

I dont see an issue with researching it for stem cells.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#10]
cloning organs and tissue is a possible good thing.

cloning humans for procreation will most likely result in less and less genetic diversity, until like neanderthal man we simply cease to exist as a species
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
how much for a jessica alba clone?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
a dime a dozen :)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
bagels?

Please don't.  One is too many.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#14]
What would happen if you cloned a half eaten brownie with a giant moth?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Human Gene Mapping, Stem Cell and Cloning research will eventually lead to the ability to grow genetically identical spare parts . Need a Heart , Kidney or Eye . No problem splice the right gene into a few live cells and grow it in a plasma & nutrient tank over a synthetic lattice .

And its CLOSER then you may think .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top