BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 10:54:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
We are gettin hit with some pretty bad gusts of wind now and its been windy and rainy all day, im on the WEST COast of FLorida, we are expecting the worst anytime now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Wind is picking up but the sun is still out. I Figure by nightfall we will start seeing the worst of it here in tallahassee.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
We are catching some of it here also in SE GA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Big storm, might pick up strength again after it gets in the gulf of mexico. I wonder if Ivan is going to follow right in behind Francis as predicted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#7]
What some people are calling hell, we call home.

Incoming the next 24 hours, to us here in the Panhandle. I hope all the Peninsula brothers did ok...at leat it was'nt a Cat.4. But wait....here comes Ivan. Can't get a break this season.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
It isnt too bad here, nothing to sneeze at though. I'd hate to see a strong cat2 or 3. You guys in the panhandle watch out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I know CP...Looks like rain and little windage. It's amazing how, in the middle of the hurricane you're more frightened of the one coming, Ivan. This could be record breaking after it's all said and done. My cousins down in Sumter and Orange county called last night, said it was more like a strong TS than full blown. Of course they just ate Charley a couple of weeks ago with you.

Hang tight...we're ramped up and ready here.

We might to start a hurricane hunter forum just for us front row dwellers during the season.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#10]
BIIIIIIG!

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#11]
NG, you sure got that right about Ivan. I might bail for Ivan if it looks bad enough. I've been here 8 years and never took a hit and now its three in a row. Dang Bush!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I am hi-jacking Tatjana's thread, sorry chick, but anyone in Orlando right now? What are the conditions @ 4:00 est??

Thanks Tat..I hope you understand, I can't get up with my sister-in-law..she lives in Kissimmee, and we have'nt heard a word in about 24 hours. I know she's ok but, just wanted to know what the conditions were like at present.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#13]
There are ALOT of power outages all over the state, we have some here in the WestCoast and the brunt of the storm is suppose to hit us at about 6pm or so. They said there have been NO fatalities in the US due to this storm, they said that its after the storm passes is when things are dangerous with flooding and downed powerlines.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Preparedness saves lives.

Of course having 3 million people leave, significantly reduces the targets. It looked like a train leaving I-10 a couple of days ago. Thousands of cars on the highway, never seen anything like it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]
It is one hell of a storm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
NG, you sure got that right about Ivan. I might bail for Ivan if it looks bad enough. I've been here 8 years and never took a hit and now its three in a row. Dang Bush!

Yep...DUers already have lost their freaking minds since the convention, they're even blaming PMS on the President now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad I live up North and inland
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
DAM! We've got a rocket sitting on the pad at the Cape right now. I hope it survives this. They aren't designed for side winds.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I sure hope my friends (and everybody else) in Ft Lauderdale and Miami are doing OK...that storm is gonna be a bitch to recover from...the whole damn state. $,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$

My wife is getting some feedback from her stitching boards, some areas are holding up, but many people not heard from.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like we in Birmingham may get the remnants of that in a day or tow. Where is it headed?

Wonder if it would spin off tornadoes here?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Looks like we in Birmingham may get the remnants of that in a day or tow. Where is it headed?

Wonder if it would spin off tornadoes here?

You can bet on Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky to get a huge ration of shit from this storm. Maybe it'll just hit trailer parks?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I sure hope my friends (and everybody else) in Ft Lauderdale and Miami are doing OK...that storm is gonna be a bitch to recover from...the whole damn state. $,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$

My wife is getting some feedback from her stitching boards, some areas are holding up, but many people not heard from.

Ditto....we've got friends in Boca, and can't get anything by phone....'call can't be completed at this time'. Not surprised, but it'd be nice to know how things are down there.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle

I'm sure I'm the only one that got that one

Actually it looks like the eye (or center of rotation) is going to pass right over my house in about 1-2 hours  It has been very mild here so far, with very little rain, but it looks like that is all about to change real soon.

Glad I have underground power lines, almost everyone of my neighbors is out of power.  

The funny thing is, I am the only one with a Generator, and the only one left with power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top