Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:25:20 PM EDT
The one Nebraska ran where the Center snaps to the QB and then the QB sets the ball down by the center and the center picks it up and takes off?

I can't remember that for the life of me.  It's been outlawed in college ball if I remember, anyone know why?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Fumbelruski (sp)  I was a guard in highschool we ran it some.  But instead of the center picking it up the guard (me) acted like I was pulling and picked it up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think the defense can advance a fumble in college??  So it would be unfair for the offense to receover their own and run with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
AHAAA, that's it, the fumlerooski.  

Defense can advance a fumble in college, so that can't be the reason, I  can't remember why it's illegal but I seem to remember it is illegal though.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
We did another one where the QB droped back and passed the ball to the WR in the flat, exept he threw it at the guys feet.  Everybody acted like it was an incompleate pass for a second but it was really a slightly backwards pass therefor a fumble.  The WR would either pick it up and run or pass it down feild.

Then in baseball we did one where the pitcher would pick at a runner on third a couple of times then on the third pick the he would fake it.  The 3rd baseman would act like he missed a bad throw and chase the imaginarry ball.  As soon as the base runner came off the bag looking over his shoulder for lost ball the pitcher would tag him out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Either "The Bomberooski," or "The Bumerooski." Been around along time. AFAIK, the last big time college player to pull it off in a game was a guard for Nebraska (All American, Dean Steinkuhler, I believe), who eventually went on tho play for the Houston Oilers.

There's another variation used in a punt situation, where the punter receives the snap, then steps up to punt but places it in the hands of the set blocking back, who must then give a fake block and count (as though waiting for the punter to punt). Once the rusher (who will probably be looking over that blocker's shoulder, and waiting to see the punt) turns to head downfield, the blocker (who has the ball), will then take off and run.

Sounds pretty confusing, but if you've ever seen it done correctly (and I have), it's pretty cool!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top