Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 10:47:32 PM EDT
There has been A LOT of talk about this being WWIII.

I believe we are in a war.

I believe islamofascism is a great threat to the world.

I believe it must be delt with.

I believe we must deal with it over there before we have to deal with it over hear.

But I do not think it is WWIII... yet.

In World War II our ENTIRE economy was shifted to fighting a war.

Right now most people feal the war is far away and it really doesnt effect their daily lives.

In the days of WWI and WWII everyone pulled together and supported the war and fought together.

Today this would never happen.

In WWI and WWII the majority of the people sacreficed things for the greater good.

Today people are thinking about voting in an appeaser because the economy is down A LITTLE.

In WWI and WWII we were fighting an enemy that could possibly beat us.

Today although the enemy could inflict damage on us I HIGHLY doubt they will ever win. We have them too outgunned for that.

So in conclusion, WE ARE NOT IN WWIII!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
But I do not think it is WWIII... yet.

In World War II our ENTIRE economy was shifted to fighting a war.

WWII began long before WE ever got involved.

Quoted:
Right now most people feal the war is far away and it really doesnt effect their daily lives.

In the days of WWI and WWII everyone pulled together and supported the war and fought together.

Today this would never happen.

In WWI and WWII the majority of the people sacreficed things for the greater good.

Today people are thinking about voting in an appeaser because the economy is down A LITTLE.

What you described were conditions that could cause us to LOSE the on-going WWIII - rather than evidence that WWIII isn't being waged.

Just because we're not reacting like it's WWIII doesn't mean it isn't WWIII.

Quoted:
In WWI and WWII we were fighting an enemy that could possibly beat us.

Today although the enemy could inflict damage on us I HIGHLY doubt they will ever win. We have them too outgunned for that.

The British Empire was ten times more powerful than the American Colonies.

The United States was ENORMOUSLY superior militarily to North Vietnam and the VietCong.

So much for military superiority.

It takes a WILL to win wars, not just guns.

Quoted:
So in conclusion, WE ARE NOT IN WWIII!!!

Yes we are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top