Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:46 PM EDT
Ive used it for a couple hours and I get a thin green vertical line on the screen

Read through the owners manual and try the fixes.  THey dont work.  Time to call tech support

Figured it would be in India and sure enough, it was.  The Indian techies generally arent that bad.  This guy was horrible.  Had to tell him 10 times that I dont own a dell computer, just a dell monitor.  He kept telling me to plug the monitor in.  The guy just didnt understand English.  Just as im starting to get pissed off and ask for his manager he gives me another number to call.  Call the number and the recording says it after business hours.  Im hoping that number is for native english speaking help.

Other than the little green line down the screen, this monitor really kick ass.  Click here if you want to buy one

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to pay extra for the green vertical line?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That little green line is a bad row of pixels.  I had that happen on a SUN LCD panel I had back in 2000.  It eventually grew wider and wider and had to be RMA'd.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That little green line is a bad row of pixels.  I had that happen on a SUN LCD panel I had back in 2000.  It eventually grew wider and wider and had to be RMA'd.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

I figured as much
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you have to pay extra for the green vertical line?

hehe
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet. I'm sitting in front of two of those as we speak.

Ver' nice. Ver' nice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
get a refund there are better ways to spend $800
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one as well, and it's been great so far...no bad pixles, no bad nothing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my NEC MultiSync
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The flat panel monitors we sell (Dell) are great monitors.  Too bad I can't get them to give me a couple for my desk here... they'd definitely help with eye strain.  They're still pretty expensive.  I expect in a couple years, the prices will go down.   (as LCD manufacturers ramp up new production facilities)  Cuz hell... everything uses LCDs now.  

If you have any problems Guns_N_Shizzle, send me the order number... I could set up an exchange for the unit.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#10]
What size is your monitor?  I have a 19" Planar LCD and it was over $700.00, but it is very nice and to me, worth the price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 17 inch Liguid Video LCD monitor that I got for $329 from Circuit City.  Worked fine for months now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top