Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 4:25:54 PM EDT
WTF?  Anybody else hear this last night in his speech?  He said he served two tour of duties in Vietnam.    He was not even there one full tour.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WTF?  Anybody else hear this last night in his speech?  He said he served two tour of duties in Vietnam.  He was not even there one full tour.

Yes I heard it.  how you can have 2 tours in 4 months is beyond me

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy has an ass for a face, cause all he talks is SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
He just wont drop the whole Nam service thing will he.Has anyone bothered to tell him this is a Presedential election??

Has anyone ever been the Prez over there war record?If that was the case some one seriously fucked up when slick willy beat Dole.A real decorated war hero.

Kerry get over it!! Its not going to determine squat you moron.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a tour to him was two months, take the two months times it times two and you now have two full tours

But then again John Kerry is full of shit and this just kind of adds to it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Is a tour 2 months? I also liked how he compared his service in vietnam(2 tours?) to Dick Cheney's lack of Vietnam service (5 deferments), but never mentioned John Edwards service record.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, Is a tour 2 months? I also liked how he compared his service in vietnam(2 tours?) to Dick Cheney's lack of Vietnam service (5 deferments), but never mentioned John Edwards service record.

Edwards was porbably suckin on mammas tit while his daddy was workin at the mill
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I remember, .......He did a first tour on the USS Gridley, which, while mostly stationed off the US Pacific Coast, did make a trip to which took it for a few days into the "SE Asia Area".  He was never closer than several hundred miles to the shore of Vietnam.

He then applied for the swift boats when they were used for offshore interdiction work.  He later said that he wasn't much intested in the war but wanted to see what was going on, and so picked the swift boats.  When they changed the mission for the swift boats to river patrol, he figured out how to get three purple hearts and get out.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or the fact that the only reason he was in the Navy is the he felt it was safer to be on a boat than getting drafted for the infantry when his own petition for a deferment so he could study in Paris was denied.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edwards was porbably suckin on mammas tit while his daddy was workin at the mill

Vietnam or not, he never served though, right? So why does he think his VP is so much better?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure he did.

Just like he needs two Americas.

Just like he voted for and against everything as a Senator.

He is his own evil twin!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
What deferments did Cheney have?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Kerry is loosing it
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Kerry is loosing it

You're just finding this out now???
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edwards graduated from high school in 1970, so he had about 5 years to be drafted, but wasn't.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Stationed as an Ensign on the USS Gridley, Destroyer, before transfering to Swift Boats - which were then operating in coastal waters. They didn't get sent up-river until after he committed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top