Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 12:41:42 PM EDT
Link
Florida Times Union
January 26, 2004

Zell tells 'em

Zell Miller is a national treasure. Not only is he clear-thinking and independent, his folksy imagery is legendary.

After telling how Iraqi living standards improved after Saddam Hussein's fall, for example, the Georgia Democrat rebutted leaders of his own party who say America shouldn't have attacked without more international support.

"I was doing some work on my back porch in Young Harris, Ga., tearing out a section of old stacked rocks,' Miller began, 'when all of a sudden, I uncovered a nest of copperhead snakes.

"Now, a copperhead is dangerous; it will kill you. It could kill one of my grandchildren. It could kill one of my four great-grandchildren who play around there all the time.

"And, you know, when I discovered those copperheads, I didn't call Shirley, like I do about nearly everything else. I didn't ask the City Council to pass a resolution. I didn't even call any of my neighbors.

"I just took a hoe and knocked them in the head and killed them dead as a doorknob. Now, I guess you could call it a unilateral action. Or maybe a pre-emptive strike.

"I took their poisonous heads off because they were a threat to me, and they were a threat to my home and to my family.

"They were a threat to all I hold dear. And isn't that what this is all about?"

Miller is exactly right. We can only add that the Democrats who feel so much moral outrage that President Bush would make a pre-emptive strike against Iraq without United Nations approval are the very ones who cheered the previous administration for making a pre-emptive strike against Serbia without U.N. approval. The only difference was that nobody ever suggested Serbia ever would be a threat to Americans.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Goddamn... Zell is the man.

- BUCC_Guy

PS.  What would John Kerry have done if he saw a nest of copperheads?   He sure as hell wouldn't have beat them to death with a hoe.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Goddamn... Zell is the man.

- BUCC_Guy

PS.  What would John Kerry have done if he saw a nest of copperheads?

Kerry would have screamed like a girl....  Watching Zell last night restored my faith, and watching all the liberals try to downplay Zell warmed my heart...

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
He would have fired an M-79 grenade launcher into the ground next to him and collected medals for his valor.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top