Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:28:49 AM EDT
Maybe our resident "terrorist" will answer...

Do you support the formation of a universal Islamic state, the khilafah?

Do you think the Koran should be the highest law of the land?

A simple yes or no answer is all thats needed.

If you do, in my book that makes you an enemy of the Constitution. Because quite simply you cannot have the Khilafah and the Constitution of The United States exist in the same system.

Now what did my oath say about the Constitution and its enemies......
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#1]

I COMPLETELY agree that islamic law (shiara or whatever it is called) is inherently at odds with, not just the U.S. constitution, but freedom as we know it in western civilization.

Islamic law is nothing but a dictatorship, it is just a dictatorship of dogma instead of a dictatorship of an individual.  

Not at all to be an ass, but would the same quesiton be legitimate to ask fundamentalist Christians - if they think they U.S. legal code should be based on the 10 Commandements - because that would also seem to be at odds with the constitution?  Don't mean to hijack, but I just wonder if your question ia about extremism in general - and how large a proportion of a particular faith is extremist.  I imagine there ARE some Christians who would like the U.S. to essentially be a theocracy, as long as it is a Christian one - but I think that the vast majority of Christians value freedom and the consitution, and can reconcile that with their religious beliefs.  

I wonder what that proportion of muslims is (and I THINK that is what you are asking).  Feel free to gnore me, if I'm in fact hijacking the thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If they are a true practicing muslim then they are already a terorist.

Period.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree DK, but I don't see nearly the movement to create a christian theocracy that I do to create an Islamic one, Taliban style.

check out www.khilafah.com/home/category.php?DocumentID=62&TagID=3

www.khilafah.com

I've seen pictures of muslim protesters protesting anti-muslim violence carrying signs that read "we want the khilafah".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe our resident "terrorist" will answer...

Do you support the formation of a universal Islamic state, the khilafah?

Do you think the Koran should be the highest law of the land?

A simple yes or no answer is all thats needed.

If you do, in my book that makes you an enemy of the Constitution. Because quite simply you cannot have the Khilafah and the Constitution of The United States exist in the same system.

Now what did my oath say about the Constitution and its enemies......

Well I'm not a muslim, but I'll answer it.

1st question: Yes, I'm all for that. It's easier to fight one unified enemy than to fight several dispersed enemies. A lesson we are learning everyday.

2nd question: If that's the law they want to live by, let 'em. Makes no difference to me as it would only last until their newly formed country is obliterated anyway.

So, as you can see, I have answered yes to both questions, but for a VERY different reason than you had assumed.

Sorry, just being a prick today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The world will never be safe until the Muslins themselves,  take care of the radicals amongst them.

Edited to add: If the don't, they're all targets.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Precisely.

If a man went around beheading unarmed innocent people on camera and claiming he was a Christian, the nation would be deaf from the screams of genuine Christians who would condemn such a man and do our very best to hand him over to the authorities for a just trial and speedy execution.

Why islam doesn't work the same way is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I agree DK, but I don't see nearly the movement to create a christian theocracy that I do to create an Islamic one, Taliban style.

check out www.khilafah.com/home/category.php?DocumentID=62&TagID=3

www.khilafah.com

I've seen pictures of muslim protesters protesting anti-muslim violence carrying signs that read "we want the khilafah".

I agree - and that's why I think it's a proportion issue, and muslims are probably much more likely to want that in their country than Christians are.

I'd imagine that the proportion of Christians who'd like to see a Christian theocracy in the country the live in, is probably very, very small.  Perhaps a few percent.

However, I imagine that the proportion of Muslims who live in a country that would like to see it turned into an Islamic theocracy is probably MUCH higher.  I don't have any data, but my guess would be somewhere around 30-50%.

I remember seeing some interviews wiht muslims in England a week or two ago, and it was very distrubring.  These well-educated, well-fed musllims were prattling on about how "freedom" and "democracy" wasn't useful or worthwhile, and a state based on strict islamic law was so much better  People like that really scare me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]

The reason for the difference in reaction is that for the most part Christians would genuinely abhor the behaviour of the lunatic, wheras the average Muslim actually supports the terrorists, even if in only very small ways, thier is no widespread outrage in teh Mulsim community of the world over the acts of these animals because for the most part teh Muslims think those guys are doing the right thing.

Hit that nail on the head - After 9-11 muslims in this country could have stepped up to the plate and cleaned out their own communities. They know who is who in their own communities - they choose not to police them, Not to speak out, they snubbed their noses at us.

These people should be charges as accessories to commit terrorist acts.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The world will never be safe until the Muslins themselves,  take care of the radicals amongst them.

Edited to add: If the don't, they're all targets.

Nice pipe dream.  They simply have not evolved as far as the rest of the world.  They are primal beasts.  They live like animals because they are animals.
In a "Politically Correct" world we all are going to have to wait on Israel to nuke them.  Nobody else is going to have the balls to do it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I COMPLETELY agree that islamic law (shiara or whatever it is called) is inherently at odds with, not just the U.S. constitution, but freedom as we know it in western civilization.

Islamic law is nothing but a dictatorship, it is just a dictatorship of dogma instead of a dictatorship of an individual.  

Not at all to be an ass, but would the same quesiton be legitimate to ask fundamentalist Christians - if they think they U.S. legal code should be based on the 10 Commandements - because that would also seem to be at odds with the constitution?  Don't mean to hijack, but I just wonder if your question ia about extremism in general - and how large a proportion of a particular faith is extremist.  I imagine there ARE some Christians who would like the U.S. to essentially be a theocracy, as long as it is a Christian one - but I think that the vast majority of Christians value freedom and the consitution, and can reconcile that with their religious beliefs.  

I wonder what that proportion of muslims is (and I THINK that is what you are asking).  Feel free to gnore me, if I'm in fact hijacking the thread.

Understand that EVERY governement is based on some moral code. Without exception government is executed with some origin and purpose. The United States of America was founded as a Christian nation, not a theocracy but with a basis on a Christian moral code. How far that code goes is up for debate but suffice to say the emphasis on the absolute value of human life, responsibilty for one's actions and the understanding of the self perpetuating nature of government are a few of them. I believe that the federal government has power to protect us and mitigate between the states. In my perfect world the states would each have their own flavor and reflect more genuinely the values of their inhabitants. Decency laws, laws regarding sexual conduct, speed limits, etc. would all be up to the states and locals. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
By some of the figures stated here, there bascially NO comparison between so-called "radical" Islam and radical Christianity. I don't remember ANYONE who spoke out in support of or turned a blind eye to the deeds of Timothy McVeigh. Neither non-Christian or Christian alike. And his deed was supposedly in part a revenge for Waco -- who were Christians [wacky ones at that]. And yet, after the events of 9/11 and SO many other terrorist acts, the majority of muslims seem either strangley silent, or are seem dancing in the streets.

No... I am tired of seeing Christianity compared to Islam in these modern times. There is NO comparison. The TINY minority of "Christian" idiots who take lives in God's name really ARE the very few radicals. Every Christaian that I know LOVES this country and LOVES the US Constitution and STRONGLY desires to live under a government the way the founding fathers designed it. That means, with others free to practice whatever religion they choose. Just because a Christian desires to be able to hold onto that which they hold precious (references to God in the public sector, etc), most definitely does NOT mean that they wish for all to be made to worship him. Christianity is all about free agency and choosing what God you will worship, good vs. evil, etc. Christ did not advocate the killing of "infidels" to force his will upon those who did not believe. In fact, he freely GAVE his life over to those he knew would take it. His religion is about the power of FAITH.

Islam is NOT about freedom in any way. Islam is about the power of THE SWORD. It seems to preach that the more souls you FORCE into Islam, the more blessed you will be. And if you can't force people into Islam, then you must defeat them (which I take to mean KILL them).

Dunno why Christianity always gets put right there with Islam when the teachings and lives of the two respective founders couldn't be more different. Actually I do know... it's all about the whole "us and them" mentality -- if "they" are not just like you, then "they" are all a bunch of wackos.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top