Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2004 3:35:26 AM EDT
Explosions Rock Seized Russian School  (link)

BESLAN, Russia - Two explosions rocked the area around a school where heavily armed militants, some strapped with bombs, were holed up for a second day Thursday with about 350 hostages in southern Russia.

The explosions came about 10 minutes apart, from the vicinity of the cordoned-off school, followed by a cloud of black smoke. No further details were available.

The cause of the explosions was not clear. Earlier on Thursday, Valery Andreyev, the Federal Security Service's chief in North Ossetia, seemed to rule out the immediate use of force.

"There is no alternative to dialogue," the ITAR-Tass news agency quoted him as saying. "One should expect long and tense negotiations," the Federal Security Service official was quoted as saying.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I guess its over now, just a wait now to see the count.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully it was the hostage takers (not the hostages) getting their asses blown apart
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I was watching Fox news as they announced it.  Just before the large blasts, they were saying that there was gun fire and RPG fire at the bushes and trees.  The reporter looked like he had color, then a couple of minutes later, they had him announce the large explosions and you can tell that the reporter was white.  I think two of the muslim shitbags actually murdered little children and babies.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

BESLAN, Russia - Two explosions rocked the area around a school where heavily armed militants, some strapped with bombs, were holed up for a second day Thursday with about 350 hostages in southern Russia.

The explosions came about 10 minutes apart, from the vicinity of the cordoned-off school, followed by a cloud of black smoke. No further details were available.

The cause of the explosions was not clear. Earlier on Thursday, Valery Andreyev, the Federal Security Service's chief in North Ossetia, seemed to rule out the immediate use of force.

"There is no alternative to dialogue," the ITAR-Tass news agency quoted him as saying. "One should expect long and tense negotiations," the Federal Security Service official was quoted as saying.

Yes there is an alternative.  They can round up Chechens and execute them if their kids are killed.  This is the only option.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

First off there is a civil war in Chech so why the hell kill them all over some fuckers. Not every one in chech is blowing them selfs up.

Yes there is an alternative.  They can round up Chechens and execute them if their kids are killed.  This is the only option.

Some times I don't get some of you guys. You bitch all day long about one looney killing some people so they come and ban some shit.

But then some looneys some where else go a kill some one and your talking about killing anyone related in any way to them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:42:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was watching Fox news as they announced it.  Just before the large blasts, they were saying that there was gun fire and RPG fire at the bushes and trees.  The reporter looked like he had color, then a couple of minutes later, they had him announce the large explosions and you can tell that the reporter was white.  I think two of the muslim shitbags actually murdered little children and babies.

My god, you expected anything else?   These people give themselves credibility by dying and taking others with them.  If terrorist hostage situations ended peacefully or with no civilians dying, then people would not be SCARED of terrorists.  The Muslims achieve their goals by reinforcing the fact that when they get pissed people die.  Wimpy countries will roll over for them because they are afraid of getting hurt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#9]
fuckin pathetic.....all in favor of nuking Mecca say aye.....AYE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
AYE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:54:30 AM EDT
[#11]
One would think that the Russians SHOULD be able to get a handle on this situation.  There are not that many Chechens.  I believe the total population of ethnic Chechens is less than one million.  Interestingly, Stalin at one point rounded up ALL the Chechens and sent them to Siberian gulags.  Obviously he knew something about them that it took the rest of the civilized world a long time to figure out.  Unfortunately, Nikita Khruschev released the Chechens from the camps and allowed them all to return.  I guess that it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#13]
AYE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Those clowns are going to hurt their own cause.  Good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Those clowns are going to hurt their own cause.  Good.

How, they aren't looking for your support. They have the support they want. Other then that they want russia not to be russia any longer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

[kerry if he wins] Lemme check with Paris first......

Sorry, Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.  They're an ally. [/kerry if he wins]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#17]
i hope they all rot in hell..
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:17:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[kerry if he wins] Lemme check with Paris first......

Sorry, Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.  They're an ally. [/kerry if he wins]

Yeah and wtf is bush doing Hmm.. last time I checked we have great saudi relations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i hope they all rot in hell..

Not the kids, babies, parents, teachers, ect.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh my God...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Aye.  Hose it down with hog entrails first.  Ops
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I pray that this does not go badly. I prayed last night that God would protect the innocent. I hope I prayed hard enough...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I heard this morning that there are parents with INFANTS in there, not just children.

Fucking savages. I'll never show restraint for them again. Even after 9/11 and since then, I've tried, HARD, to NOT subscribe to the "kill 'em all" philosophy, but man, I'm done.

I only wish I was a genetic scientist with the knowhow and ability to create an Ebola strain that only killed Muslims.

Sorry, Lord..... I tried.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I remember back in the 90's when Grozny was under assault by Russian Federal forces. It was still in vogue to root against the Rooskies anywhere, as they still smacked of the old Soviet Union.

But you know what? In hindsight I wish they'd have killed every one of those Muslim pieces of shit! Many Chechnyans are members of or affiliated with Al Qaeda. They formed the rear guard at Tora Bora seeing as how they had nowhere else to go back to. Fuck 'em. I hope the Russians wipe them from the face of the earth. Maybe WE oughta start thinking a little more hard-nosed in our dealings with the "Religion of Peace".

Please, spare me any morality lectures. I'm sick of this shit. When they get to us (the West) by harming our innocents, maybe it's time to turn things around and make them feel the pain.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I remember back in the 90's when Grozny was under assault by Russian Federal forces. It was still in vogue to root against the Rooskies anywhere, as they still smacked of the old Soviet Union.

But you know what? In hindsight I wish they'd have killed every one of those Muslim pieces of shit! Many Chechnyans are members of or affiliated with Al Qaeda. They formed the rear guard at Tora Bora seeing as how they had nowhere else to go back to. Fuck 'em. I hope the Russians wipe them from the face of the earth. Maybe WE oughta start thinking a little more hard-nosed in our dealings with the "Religion of Peace".

Please, spare me any morality lectures. I'm sick of this shit. When they get to us (the West) by harming our innocents, maybe it's time to turn things around and make them feel the pain.    

+1

We took the attitude before that anything the Russians did must be bad.  We should have stayed the hell out of Afghanistan and let them duke it out.  Instead we sent Stinger missles to a bunch of towelheads and denied our Olympic team a chance to compete in the Olympics in Moscow. All thanks to that dickless Jimmy Carter.  We need to wise up and strengthen our relations with the Russian Federation.  They are fighting the same fight we are.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Wimpy countries will roll over for them because they are afraid of getting hurt.

I hope that you don't include Russia in the list of "wimpy countries."  Those Russians are tough mofos.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I heard this morning that there are parents with INFANTS in there, not just children.

You know, your righteous indignation is kind of skewed.  Where were you when US planes were bombing Yugoslavia and most recently, Iraq?  A lot more infants died as a result of those actions you know.  A LOT MORE.

It's so bizarre the selective outrage expressed here.  The Russians have been up to no good, Putin is nothing but a damn mafioso, and yet, Bush is buddy-buddy with him.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#29]
aye!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Who in the hell let all the DU trolls in here?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, your righteous indignation is kind of skewed.  Where were you when US planes were bombing Yugoslavia and most recently, Iraq?  A lot more infants died as a result of those actions you know.  A LOT MORE.

It's so bizarre the selective outrage expressed here.  The Russians have been up to no good, Putin is nothing but a damn mafioso, and yet, Bush is buddy-buddy with him.  

Get a clue, junior.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a gosh darn minute here..Yugoslavia was a war zone..not of our making..Iraq, is not a war zone of our making.  So what's your point?  If these piss azz countries could handle this crap by themselves..we wouldn't need to be there in the first place.  

The russians will handle this fine, if not in typical sledgehammer fashion, but effective none the less.  The issues is the terrorists..not the means to subdue them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Someone from the Libercratic Underground is in here screwing up this nice, logical thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, the Russians have been up to no good, how terrible of them to want to keep their children safe from murdering Jihadist savages.

As far as Putin being a Russian Mafioso, those are the kind of tactics it will take to put these Islao-facists where they belong.  The Anglo-Saxon concepts of Justice and rule of law or even common decency mean nothing to these people.  It's going to take some Slavic ruthlessness to get some respect out of these animals.
Remember the example of Vlad the Impaler, a truly maligned figure in history.  At the end of the day, that is what it will take.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#36]
AYE!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It's hardly all the Chechens' - there is no public support for terrorists in Chechnya - they hat e the islamic terrorists as much as the Russians.  Everyone's sick of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The U.S. was bombing Yugoslavia IN DEFENSE OF MUSLIMS, or did you conveniently forget that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
A lot more infants died as a result of those actions you know.  A LOT MORE.

Bullshit.  That you are just making up - you have ZERO evidence to prove that claim.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The U.S. was bombing Yugoslavia IN DEFENSE OF MUSLIMS, or did you conveniently forget that?

i think the liberaltarian prefers a revisionist version of the nato intervention in the group of countries formerly known as yugoslavia.

we stopped arkan and slobedon from wiping out a few thousand more muslims.

perhaps he should go help excavate the mass graves?

Don't try to confude him with LOGIC, Campy....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#43]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by thelibertarian

You know, your righteous indignation is kind of skewed. Where were you when US planes were bombing Yugoslavia and most recently, Iraq? A lot more infants died as a result of those actions you know. A LOT MORE.

It's so bizarre the selective outrage expressed here. The Russians have been up to no good, Putin is nothing but a damn mafioso, and yet, Bush is buddy-buddy with him.

When the United States bombs someone we are going after military targets (except for Fat Boy and Little boy to save countless American lives). We use the best intel we have to pinpoint targets and for delivery systems to minimize civilian casualties and civilian infrastructure.

Sure sometimes we accidently kill some innocents when intel fails or technology fails, but this rare considering to amount of ordinance we deal out. How do you know thelibertarian how many infants have died because of our actions? Do you do bomb assessment and tag the bodies. I would say very little innocent civilians in Iraq have died due to our bombs and missles. If you understood how our tactical military works and the extent we go to limit civilian casualties you would keep your pie hole shut. Since you have no clue about military history or military matters you should get off your Tampon Soap Box.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes he did, just like the muslims & liberals conveniently forget it everytime they bash the US.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Hostages murder detailed report

Aslan Kudzoyev, a captive who managed to escape last night from the seized school in Beslan, North Ossetia told Caucasus Times correspondent a detailed story. In the initial phase of the attack, the man said, the terrorists separated the hostages and herded children into the gymnasium, while adults were held on the ground floor.
At 11 a. m. the terrorists picked 15 strongest men of the hostages and shot the down on the second floor, Mr. Kudzoyev said.

At the night of September 2, one of the terrorists forced Mr. Kodzoyev upstairs and ordered him to throw 15 bodies of the killed hostages out the window. After the 14th corpse had fallen on the ground Mr. Kodzoyev realized he would be next and jumped out the window. The terrorist started shooting at him but missed, the rescued man said.

The bodies of hostages still lay outside the building. The terrorist do not allow to remove them, opening troubling fire from the windows.

Islam Tekushev, Asiyat Sagmatova, Caucasus Times

Link
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Nuke Mecca??                                      

AYE!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Group released from siege school

Very young children were among those released  
Armed attackers have freed a number of women and children from a school in south Russia, where they are still holding more than 300 people hostage.
The release of 32 hostages came well into the second day of the crisis, after blasts and gunfire were heard.

Officials ruled out using force to end the siege in North Ossetia, and Russian President Vladimir Putin said the hostages' safety was paramount.

Hundreds of desperate parents are waiting outside the school in Beslan.

Women cradling very small children emerged from the building and were whisked away in cars by Russian security forces, as the crowd rushed forward to find out who had been freed.

"There will be a lengthy and tense process of negotiation " - Valery Andreyev, North Ossetian security service

Russian press in agony  
Officials said the breakthrough came after mediation efforts by the former president of the neighbouring region of Ingushetia and that negotiations would continue.

As the siege continued, anger and frustration was growing among the families.

Some of the hostages have reportedly been able to phone home, describing conditions in the school as tolerable.

Inside are pupils, teachers and parents who had come to the school on Wednesday morning to help celebrate the first day of term.

"Our main task is to save the life and health of those who have ended up as hostages," said President Putin who cancelled a working holiday and visit to Turkey to deal with the crisis.

The head of the Russian security service in North Ossetia has said there is "no question" of opting for force at the moment.

"There will be a lengthy and tense process of negotiation," Valery Andreyev was quoted as saying by Reuters news agency.

North Ossetia's Interior Minister Kazbek Dzantiyev said 12 civilians had been killed since the siege began, Itar-Tass reports.

The hostage-takers began talking overnight to prominent paediatrician Lev Roshal, who helped negotiate the release of children during the siege of a Moscow theatre in 2002.

Mr Roshal said they refused offers to deliver food and water, but he was assured the children were fine.

Trip wires

Masked men and women, wearing bomb belts, burst into the school, whose pupils are aged seven to 18, at around 0930 local time (0530 GMT) on Wednesday.

RECENT DEADLY ATTACKS
31 Aug 2004 - Suicide bomb kills 10 at north Moscow train station
24 Aug 2004 - Two planes crash after leaving same Moscow airport, killing 89
May 2004 - Chechen president killed in blast at stadium in Grozny
Feb 2004 - Bomb attack kills at least 39 people on Moscow underground
Dec 2003 - Female suicide bomber kills five near Red Square  
The hostages were herded into the gym. Up to 50 children were reported to have escaped in the confusion.

Trip wires are believed to have been laid around the school, with the attackers threatening to blow it up if stormed by police.

Mr Dzantiyev was quoted as saying on Wednesday they threatened to kill 50 children for every fighter killed.

The hostage-takers are reported to have demanded the withdrawal of Russian troops from Chechnya and the release of Chechen rebels held in Ingushetia.

'International terrorism'

The Russian authorities are blaming what they call international terrorism, with suspicion falling on Chechen separatists, who have been fighting for independence from Moscow for the past decade.

Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov has denied that his forces are involved in the siege.

The school crisis came a day after a suspected suicide bombing in Moscow killed 10 people. Last week, the mid-air explosions of two passenger planes left 89 dead.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hostages murder detailed report

Aslan Kudzoyev, a captive who managed to escape last night from the seized school in Beslan, North Ossetia told Caucasus Times correspondent a detailed story. In the initial phase of the attack, the man said, the terrorists separated the hostages and herded children into the gymnasium, while adults were held on the ground floor.
At 11 a. m. the terrorists picked 15 strongest men of the hostages and shot the down on the second floor, Mr. Kudzoyev said.

At the night of September 2, one of the terrorists forced Mr. Kodzoyev upstairs and ordered him to throw 15 bodies of the killed hostages out the window. After the 14th corpse had fallen on the ground Mr. Kodzoyev realized he would be next and jumped out the window. The terrorist started shooting at him but missed, the rescued man said.

The bodies of hostages still lay outside the building. The terrorist do not allow to remove them, opening troubling fire from the windows.

Islam Tekushev, Asiyat Sagmatova, Caucasus Times

Link

Any man over 6' tall and in good health needs to keep this in mind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Aye.  Hose it down with hog entrails first.  Ops

Thats funny!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top