Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 4:12:58 PM EDT
Anyone have any opinions on bachman pawn and gun of TX.
they usually have fullpage ads in SGN?
I what to get some items they have and wanted some feedback as to good guy bad guy.
thanks.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They're huge in the DFW area-always have plenty of tables at all the gun shows, and their prices are very competitive. They've been around a long time, and I've never heard any complaints about them. As ususal, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Price setters at the Texas gun shows. Large selection and great prices. They have been big players in this area as I recall for about 20 years. No TLC, just honest goods and low prices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
See them at the Houston shows regularly and they tend to have lots on hand w/ decent pricing. I know they've been around awhile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I teach at a gun range, and if I need something we dont have I cant wait for I go to Bachman.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been to the shop several times. It's located on Mockingbird close to Love Field. Lots of LEO business. I bought my 700 PSS there, so prices are reasonable. Lots of Kimbers in the display cases. I forget the name of the owner but he hangs out and seems nice enough. Accessories galore and well priced. Ammo is kinda pricey though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Reputable people to do business with.  But  because they do so much business, and sell there guns at cheapest prices, you might find that they really have a  somewhat "Take it or leave it" flakey attitude. I suppose that's OK if you know what you want, and just put the cash down on the table. You'll still get the quick little grin and "thank you" I suppose. My gripe is my being blown off  on two seperate occassions when I wanted to see if they would take deposits or at least tell me that I could obtain a Colt LEO rifle from them for when the sunset occurred. The owner would hear nothing of it, and ended the conversation walking away from me like I had bad breath. Others have gladly welcomed my business for that September 14th date. No biggie. The 2 rifle purchases I have arranged for the 14th is his loss.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 12 beta mags from them when they had them for $379. No problems, fast service.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Reputable people to do business with.  But  because they do so much business, and sell there guns at cheapest prices, you might find that they really have a  somewhat "Take it or leave it" flakey attitude. I suppose that's OK if you know what you want, and just put the cash down on the table. You'll still get the quick little grin and "thank you" I suppose. My gripe is my being blown off  on two seperate occassions when I wanted to see if they would take deposits or at least tell me that I could obtain a Colt LEO rifle from them for when the sunset occurred. The owner would hear nothing of it, and ended the conversation walking away from me like I had bad breath. Others have gladly welcomed my business for that September 14th date. No biggie. The 2 rifle purchases I have arranged for the 14th is his loss.

He was probably just concerned that you might be a BATF agent/shill looking to get him in trouble.  Being an FFL isn't exactly a hazard free business.

I've purchased from them and have been pleased.  I do find it funny that their web page takes you to Cheaper Than Dirt though.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top