Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 12:34:05 PM EDT
About a month or so ago, I ordered about $275 worth of equiptment (gun stuff, seller name and product withheld at this time). I paid with a personal check. From looking at my bank records, the check cleared on 8/12. My stuff has not arrived yet.

Yesterday, I sent the seller an e-mail informing him that I noticed my check had cleared, and asking him for the status. I have yet to hear from him.

All of the arrangements were made via e-mail. This was not a purchase from an individual, this was a purchase from a company (however I think that at best it is a one man operation).

Do I have any recourse, or am I going to have to chalk this up as a $275 lesson is internet commerece?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
owned.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to let us know how it turns out or the name of the "Company".
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this company affiliated with ARFCOM?

HS1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

HS1

+1
Sell here, post here etc?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

+1

He posts here, and I believe that he does sell here. I am waiting to see if he gets back to me. If not, I am definately going to red alert!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

+1

He posts here, and I believe that he does sell here. I am waiting to see if he gets back to me. If not, I am definately going to red alert!

post it...someone else may be thinking about buying from them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Share the wealth before he gets someone else!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Send him an IM and ask if he would like to join this thread
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Save all the emails.

Keep making attempts to contact, and record specifics of your efforts (date, time, phone number; email self-evident).

Once check clears, I see NO reason that you should not have received notice that your items have been shipped.  

Was there any promise on when it would ship once the check cleared?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

+1

post it...someone else may be thinking about buying from them.

I'm giving him 1 more e-mail, and another 24 hours to get back to me. If he does not, I fully intended to post news of my robbery.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The seller contacted me, gave a reasonable explanation for the delay and provided me with a tracking number for my package.

All is well with the world once again!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The seller contacted me, gave a reasonable explanation for the delay and provided me with a tracking number for my package.

All is well with the world once again!

glad it's working out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top