Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 12:27:06 AM EDT
I live out in the country. Only a few houses within miles from me, all farm land and woods.

A couple of months ago I was mowing. I was in the ditch so I was keeping my eye on the road for cars. A car goes by and I see something running right down the middle of the road, like it was chasing the car. It was a puppy, no more than a few months old. She ran into my yard and followed me. My wife gave her some water. The next morning she was still here. She slept on the front porch by the door. You could see her ribs so my wife feed her. I check around and no one was missing a new dog. Some FUCKING ASSHOLE dumped her off! I called the humane society and left a message but no one came out or called me back. My sister in law said they would take her and my nearest neighbors daughter said they would also. After a week or so my s-i-l changed her mind and said they were getting a fish, dumb-ass. The neighbors daughter said she changed her mind too.

I didn't want a dog. I would have put her in the car the next day and took her to the humane society if it wasn't for those 2 saying they wanted her. I call humane society again. This time I get a live person. She said by Ohio law after 3 days it was legally my dog. WTF? They don't have room for her and since it was "my dog" I would have to pay them to take her anyway. By this time my wife is attached and wants to keep her.

Over the last couple months I have done all I can to not get attached. She has really helped by being bad. Every morning there is something new chewed up and all over the yard. She has destroyed all she gets a hold of from my front porch swing to dead raccoons. Every couple of days I have to return things to my neighbor that she has stolen. The paper, ups packages dropped off, garden tools, you name it. She keeps digging up the flower beds and chewing up the flowers. Bringing home every beer bottle some jerk throws out along the road. She won't stay out off the road or on my property. My wife and I have been going at it for the last week about what to do. I wouldn't do anything without her agreeing to it. Hard too be mad because she is so cute.

My wife went to work this morning and gave her food and water. I am unemployed right now so I didn't get up for a few more hours. When I did the first thing I did was look out to see if she needed water and what I had to pick up. She wasn't out there. I whistled and she didn't come. I could hear the neighbors lawn mower so I figured she was down there bugging him. I kept checking and she didn't come home. When my wife got home she started freaking thinking I did something to her. I went to the neighbors twice and they were not home. I got on the 4 wheeler and went up and down the road hoping I didn't find her dead. I went in the woods for a couple hours with no luck.

I feel like the dad in the movie Beethoven. When it comes down to it I am attached. My wife cried all night. I've been up all night opening the door expecting to see her.

Thank you spineless piece of trash that dumped a poor puppy on a country road! Thanks for all the aggravation it has caused me! Thanks for making me get attached and now I am sad! Thanks for giving me a guilty feeling that I should have been nicer! Thanks for making me wonder "is she OK, where is she at, who took her, etc." Thanks for making my wife cry! I wish I knew who you where because I would beat you until you cried, you bitch!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#1]
They grow on ya', huh?

It might come back.

You should have been nicer.  It might have never left.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know what county you live in but check your counties dog pound for the puppy,It's worth a chance that  the puppy might be there
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Truely nothing personal, but I hope you don't have any kids. You'ld be an absolute wreck!

Good luck and hang in there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Truely nothing personal, but I hope you don't have any kidsgirlfriends. You'ld be an absolute wreck!

Good luck and hang in there!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top