Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 8:03:07 PM EDT
ETA:  I posted this during the Republican National Convention and it was only looked at by a few.  This mostly to make people aware that their workplace may give them option to give to non-United Way organizations, and this is the big fund raising season for charities.  If you usually give to some charity through work or directly consider this one or some other that supports our troops.
It's United Way time at a lot of our workplaces.  I no longer give to United Way for various reasons, but my company does allow (reluctantly) giving to other IRS approved causes.  

I sent this note out to my group and several others.  If you have similar programs where you work you might be interested in getting the word out about this.

I want to encourage each of you to consider giving in this year's XXXXX Giving Campaign.     I am sending out this email because I wanted to make a pitch for a cause I feel strongly about.  It's the American Patriot Scholarship fund.  It is not a United Way organization. It has been setup to assist the children of service men and women who have lost their lives protecting our freedoms.  More information can be found at www.moaa.org/education/Patriot.asp.  I know that one of the main reasons people say they do not give is that they have not been
asked.  I'm asking.   The sons and daughters of our Uniformed Service
personnel won't have their mom or their dad there to help get them pay for school because the they gave the ultimate sacrifice so you could be there for your family.  They deserve our support.

I added this organization into the on-line giving web site <insert your link here if your company has one> under Military Officers Association Of America Scholarship Fund.    I contacted the MOAA so they would know that our donations should go to the American Patriot Scholarship program.  If you choose to give to this cause please accept my heartfelt thanks.  

My family chooses one major charity to give to each year and this is the one we picked for 2005.  I challenge every civillian on this site to give to some organization that supports our troops.  These kids are going to need our help a lot more than I need another rifle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT-2
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
bump. This sounds like a good program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top