Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 3:01:34 PM EDT
So, evidently, a couple years ago all the Europeans and all were pushing for an international court of justice and being able to try war criminals.

I knew that Bush was against this.  But thats all I knew.  Turns out Congress passed, and the President signed, a bill that authorizes the US to use military action against the ICJ if it is holding court with Americans or our allies.

So basically, if they arrested Bush or Cheney for war crimes, the US could invade the Netherlands to free them.  Neat law.  Of course, no one expects us to ever do that.  And I'm sure France and Germany would be there to stop us  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top