Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:16:34 AM EDT
These quotes and so many more.......The Dems are loosing spirit

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=788492&mesg_id=788492&page=

4. Kerry saying the so called war on terror can be won is a mistake, IMO
It's absolutely unwinnable. Rather than claiming it can be won, he should be nailing BushCo for starting it in the first place.

The more Kerry talks, the more I wish I wasn't forced to vote for him.

5. Kerry started talking about the wrong war.
Kerry decided to talk about Vietnam instead of Iraq at his convention, and the Republicans have made him pay for that mistake!

Kerry needs to start talking about how he'll get us out of the mess Bush got us into in Iraq. It's the only way he can win.

8. If you wait tile the debates, we lose
They will chew Kerry up , no one will listen, the smear campaign is working

9. The continuing failure of "Reporting For Duty"
This miserable strategy, which stupidly pushed militarism at a time of growing public disenchantment with the Iraq occupation, is continuing to bear bitter fruit: just glance at the map at www.electoral-vote.com .

There may yet be time, if Kerry hasn't already painted himself into a corner with support for Bush policies, to emerge as some kind of viable alternative that would tap the great hatred in the land for BushCo.

But it won't be done by saying you'd invade Iraq, too, or whining about the detractors of your vaunted medals--these positions miss the zeitgeist entirely.

31. not only that, but
a candidate can "win" the debates and still lose big in the actual election. Mondale V. Reagan as an example.

I saw a few polls and all are saying the same thing, Bush in the lead.
Kerry has to start fighting, attacking and really going at it. Forget the clean campaign routine, doesn't work against slugs like the RNC and swifties.

35. The debates - are you kidding?
What is it with people thinking The Debates will change everything? I heard the same crap in 2000 and we lost them - big time. Cheney is gonna make Edwards look like a child and AWOL will just skate away while alot of the attention focuses on the SBL's attacks on Kerry. Moderator's will ask about JK's service and ignore Bush's. Bush will be + 10 points after this week and the Kerry camp is comatose. We're looking not at a landslide but a pretty sound drubbing. Sorry. Get used to 4 more years.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
>>> Forget the clean campaign routine, doesn't work against slugs like the RNC and swifties.<<<

WTF?  These guys are hipocrites

Otherwise,

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Mondale Vs. Reagan was won by Mondale?  I was just in grade school when I watched that and I could see Reagan kicked his ass.  These guys live in a dream world.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, how I love watching them squirm...

I feel like the RNC is the magnifying glass and there are all these DU ants running around cryin' n' fryin'.

Meanwhile, I'm sittin here with mah Grey Goose and Tonic yelling "Burn bitches!"

- BUCC_Guy

4 more years
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bush will be + 10 points after this week and the Kerry camp is comatose. We're looking not at a landslide but a pretty sound drubbing. Sorry. Get used to 4 more years.

hmmm? a demo with some grasp of reality. amazing!

Probably an arfcom troll.

Is that a confession?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Reap what you sow.  The Dems have been runnig a smear campain for the last year using Move on.org.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait till the elcetion.  After I assembly another no ban weapon I am gonna grab a few beers and surf DU to watch them fall apart.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, not to rain on anyone's parade, but let's not get too comfy, shall we?

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! The only poll that counts is the one on ELECTION DAY!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you see that web page?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004:   Kerry 242    Bush 280  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#13]
They picked a Massachusetts liberal loser.  Again.  The fucking gang that couldn't shoot straight (unless the target's their foot).

Reminds me of something a conservative writer for National Review posted on their blog.  He got into a cab in Boston during the Democrats' convention.  The cab driver asked if he was a democrat, and he said "No, I dont like Kerry very much."

The cab driver replied "That's what everybody says.  The Democrats, I mean.  They're in my cab and they all say how they don't like Kerry."

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dittos.  But if we can make things comfortable enough for the Pres. then he can campaign for some good pro-gun senators in places like Louisiana, South Dakota, Florida, etc.  I'd love to see a 60-seat GOP Senate.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Dubya's crushing them, driving them before him, and we're hearing the lamentations of their women! It is what's best in life!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dubya's crushing them, driving them before him, and we're hearing the lamentations of their women! It is what's best in life!

Heh-heh....

Caution aside, I can't wait to log on to DU on election night if (and when) W wins....

THAT'S going to be fun!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Keep laughing. In 2008 it will be Hillary vs Guliani and we will all be screwed!
God I hope i'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The Dems are loosing spirit

Loost spirit is a terrible thing!

it amazes me how many people around here can't distinguish "lose" from "loose."
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I love it!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh, how I love watching them squirm...

I feel like the RNC is the magnifying glass and there are all these DU ants running around cryin' n' fryin'.

Meanwhile, I'm sittin here with mah Grey Goose and Tonic yelling "Burn bitches!"

- BUCC_Guy

4 more years

Dude,

Put don't that Panzy Ass French Vodka and step up to some Texas Vodka www.titos-vodka.com/

Sorry for the Hijack!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Keep laughing. In 2008 it will be Hillary vs Guliani and we will all be screwed!
God I hope i'm wrong.

I think Guliani might bet her.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God I hope i'm wrong.

And that would be a victory for us how?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even if Guliani were elected Prez in '08 he wouldn't be the king of the country.  No, he wouldn't be an ideal conservative republican Prez, but he would have a rather difficult time getting anti-gun leg past the senate and house.  Assuming we hold them...

I'm really wondering who would make a strong candidate on '08.  I see a couple of people, but none ideal.  Personally I like Condi, but there might be just enough bigots out there to make it difficult.

I guess I was wondering the same thing after Dole flopped.  Bush Jr. just REALLY suprised me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
God I hope i'm wrong.

Two words, man: BIG PICTURE. Look into it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#27]

4. Kerry saying the so called war on terror can be won is a mistake, IMO
It's absolutely unwinnable. Rather than claiming it can be won, he should be nailing BushCo for starting it in the first place.

The more Kerry talks, the more I wish I wasn't forced to vote for him.

Uhhhh, does this jagoff realize that the terrorists have been fighting us openly since the Peanut Farmer?

To crush the Democrats, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their MoveOn.org PAC!  -W
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]
MOOOOOOOOOORE!!  I NEEED MOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRE!

I love the DU morons and all of their lack of intelligence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top