Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 7:39:37 AM EDT
Every so often I'll walk out to my car and find a piece of paper, usually an advertisement for a business, stuck under the wiper or wedged in the rubber strip along the window.  While always mildly annoyed at this, I sometimes wonder about the legality.  I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

Quoted:
I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?

That's what I do..throw it on the ground.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
That always pisses me off because I really cant just throw trash on the ground....granted its not my fkn fault the thing is on my truck, but im not going to trash my own community either.

I usually call the number of the business on the flier and scream at them, tell them a little bit about themselves, and mention that if I catch them touch my fkn truck again the next phone call will be for an ambulance. I know it gets nothing accomplished, and it may be stupid, but I always feel a lot better after yelling at these assholes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That always pisses me off because I really cant just throw trash on the ground....granted its not my fkn fault the thing is on my truck, but im not going to trash my own community either.

I usually call the number of the business on the flier and scream at them, tell them a little bit about themselves, and mention that if I catch them touch my fkn truck again the next phone call will be for an ambulance. I know it gets nothing accomplished, and it may be stupid, but I always feel a lot better after yelling at these assholes.

Ever consider enrolling in Anger Management?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Ever consider enrolling in Anger Management?

I already manage to get very angry....why would I need a class?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

While I can't say my reaction is quite that, uh, passionate, I have been known to call them and politely tell them that their flyer backfired.

The reason I posted this is that I walked out to my truck this morning and found a flyer on it...from the local PD's "crime prevention" section, suggesting that I not leave valuables in my car.  I even saw the cop walking around putting them on cars.  He told me, "we're just trying to help people from getting their things taken".  I didn't object...I'm pretty sure I saw a tazer on his utility belt.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I do the same, but from a pay phone and change ambulance to hearse and add a little more graphic language.
Then call from home later and complain like a normal person.  Usually they exlpain that due to fear for their staff they have changed their policies and no longer flyer cars.

Feels better than littering
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top