Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 4:59:17 PM EDT
just had to reinstall windows 98.got it all done now the color can not be changed or screen size.
unable to move the slider for the screen size and only have 2 color to choose from 2 or 16 colors.how do i fix this?i want to go home help meeeee!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to find out what video card you have and install drivers for it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you need to install the video drivers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
how do i find out with out opening and i think it is all built on mother board.since the monmitor looks like it plugs staright into the mother board.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Call the manufacturers tech support.  If the computer was built by someone call them.  Otherwise you need to go in the case
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
May be easier.

If it has a built in graphics chipset you can get the board or chipset info from the post screen.  It will most likely be an Intel or VIA graphics chipset.  Anyway once you get the MB model number you can just go to their website and download the correct driver.  

Speaking from much experience the first thing I do when I know I'm going to rebuild my machine I go to the hardware manager and right down all of the relative info so I can minimize my time getting drivers.  What I also do is as I download the new drivers for the rebuild I always put them all in a seperate "Driver" folder so that I copy one folder and I have everything I need.

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Right click on the desktop select properties, select settings,select advanced and choose your card.
Then change your resolution in the normal manner.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Another tip, assuming your computer isn't too old or slow, get rid of 98 and goto 2000 or XP. 98 isn't a very good os.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]
98 is a fine OS, at least 98se is
couple possibilities. video card driver, or windows has been told the monitor doesn't support the higher settings
click on the advanced button in settings and go to the monitor tab and make sure it isn't set for something like cga or ega monitor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top