Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2001 2:06:33 PM EDT
For reasons I don't care to go in to, I need to locate a person who lives in my state. The only information I have on them is their first and last name, and the town they're likely to live in. 99% certain they live there or VERY close by.

The internet directories have, at best, provided an old phone number that is no longer in service. At worst, they produce no results at all. No new phone number appears to be listed.

This person lives 2 hours away from me, and I really don't have the time to travel up there, though I would if that would get some sort of results. I don't know exactly what my driving up there would accomplish.

Any of you people have any tips on locating someone given the information I have?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried calling one of those Psychic hotlines?

Seriously, I have managed to find people using  very limited information.  It helps if you can get one of the unlisted number directories floating around on the net.  Unless you have more info, such as DOB, SSN, etc. you may need to hire a professional.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
best way is to run a trw on their ssn.  state dept sop

steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
email me.
my company handles skip traces.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For reasons I don't care to go in to, I need to locate a person who lives in my state
View Quote

Payback time?  Or your basic stalking?

Those internet finder services don't work very well, and charge you whether they find the person or not.  Kind of a disincentive to actually find the person, eh?

The one time I tried to locate someone, I just called information and asked for a listing.  It worked.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
CALL 1-800-US-SEARCH AGAIN THAT NUMBER 1-800-US-SEARCH.  I SAW IT AT THE END OF THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By steve m:
best way is to run a trw on their ssn.  state dept sop

steve
View Quote

BTW If you do keep it on the QT or the DOJ may do a FUBAR on your SWA.  IMHO OK?!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top