Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 6:11:52 AM EDT
?
preferably one you've actually made and eaten

going to the  grocery store in a bit and want to pick up ingredients for supper tonight
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I make it better than the jap joint here in town!

Ingredients:

Rice (of course)
onion
green onions
carrots
eggs
safflower oil
butter
salt
sesame seeds
teryaki sauce

You must steam the rice, do you have a steamer? boiling it wont work.

Dice the onions, green onions and scrape strips from the carrots and add to the rice half way through the steaming process.

Heat up a skillet or wok, use safflower oil and scamble two eggs and chop the pieces small as you scramble them.

Once scrambled throw a big chunk of butter in the skillet and dump the rice in. mix well with the melted butter and egg chunks. sprinkle a small amount of water in ..... sprinkle a good bit of salt in, add some sesame seeds. After you have turned the rice once or twice, sprinkle in some teryaki sauce. keep turning the rice, let it cook 30 sec to a minute before turning. I have never timed this process, but I guess it's ready when you see the rice trying to dry out .....

Will you be adding any meat? shrimp? chicken? Shrimp should be stir fried on very high heat with very little liguid. safflower oil, then a touch of teryaki, sprinkle salt. maybe some lemon juice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Melt some butter in a pan and then soft scramble some eggs.  Cut them into pieces and set aside.  Make up a batch of Minute Rice (easiest way) and keep it warm.  Heat oil in wok or other high-sided pan.  Add ginger and garlic (optional) and get it hot, but don't burn off the oil. Add pre-cooked meat (I like chicken or pork), add veggies (your choice, but you can get bags of frozen chinese veggies) and heat through.  Add rice, and soy sauce.  Keep stirring over medium heat and serve with egg rolls or other tasty dish.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Swing by your local Chinese joint. Faster, easier, and probably cheaper, too!

Thus speaketh Zaphod................ who can't boil water!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

nope, just a rice cooker or pot on the stove

I want to use CHICKEN in it too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty simple and my recipie will get the panties off an Asian girl:

Fry chopped onions, peas, fresh mushrooms in plenty of oil on high heat.  (you can also add copped carrots and scallions if you want to be fancy)

Add minced ginger and garlic (tablespoon of each).

Add the rice.  Once it is well-coated with oil and warmed up in the pan add two beaten eggs.  Cook until the eggs are almost done then add soy sauce and either pepper sauce or cyanne powder for spice.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope, just a rice cooker or pot on the stove

I want to use CHICKEN in it too.

You cut the chicken into chunks and stir fry it like the shrimp, except on lower heat and a little longer cooking time ....

You can pick up a steamer quite cheap at wal mart .... It's a big pot with a strainer-type insert and a top ...I use mine to steam brocolli also ...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#7]
rice (preferrably leftovers from the day before)
green onions
ground meat (marinated in some soy sauce and alcohol of some sort) or ham/spam
eggs
salt

Make some scrambled eggs, but leave them kind of runny. Cut them into bite sized chunks and set aside.

Stir fry the meat, and set aside.

Stir fry the green onions, and then add the rice. When the rice is halfway warm add the meat and eggs. salt to taste.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I like some peas in mine.

I usually add, pan fry bacon chopped into bits, or cha-sui a kind of Chinese roast pork cut up into small pieces. Heck, I've even used frankfurters.

Sesame seed oil, just a teaspoon or so for flavoring in like 3 or 4 cups of fried rice, it used this like salt & pepper, and not like cooking oil.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
recipe for "Fly Lice"

I would recommend you use rice that has been cooked the night before and left in the refrigerator over nite.

no special rice steamer necessary, I cook a pot of rice everyday with a regular 2 quart pot, just make sure you have the right amount of water, about 3/4" of an inch of water should be above the rice before cooking, a quick way to check is your fingers should be under water if you place you hand on top.

*rice
*chopped green onions
*black pepper
*sesame oil
*couple of eggs
*stir fried chicken pieces
*soy sauce
*peas & carrots
*cooking oil

I usually cook fried rice in a big "WOK" it works the best, I never use butter.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Not fried but it is good

2-Bags boil in bag rice
4-Boneless chicken breast
2 cans cream of mushroom soup

cook chicken in pan with a little olive oil Cook till done
cook rice as instructed to on box
mix rice and 2 cans of soup with 1/2 can of milk
add chicken cut into strips
mix and enjoy

serves more then one but less then 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top