Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:02:59 PM EDT
So I bought a spyderco a few months back, it basically sat then I started carrying it again. I really liked the knife the police model is very sharp and is very easy to carry.

2 weeks ago out of the blue I open my knife and the spring falls out making my knife useless.

I shipped the knife out and spyderco promptly shipped me a new knife saying "sorry we are researching the flaw in this model blah blah blah"

I get my new knife and on about the 5th opening the spring fall out and the knife breaks just like before!!!!!!!

Something must be seriously messed up for a 90 dollar knife to fail under such lite conditions the only thing I had cut with it was a plastic bag  and a letter.

anyone else have this problem??
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
we bought a wally world machete and we wacked one tumbleweed with it then the handle broke off after he hacked at a tree stump.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a Case to malfunction. Maybe you could take half of the money you paid for that POS and get a Case?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a new kershaw about 2 weeks later it started to rust,  Starret M1 got most of it of but not all
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Cold steel folders....some of the best in the world.  

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top