Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 10:41:43 AM EDT
www.trivalleyherald.com/Stories/0,1413,86~10671~2362719,00.html

People who already own the high-powered rifles would be allowed to keep them, provided they register the guns in a state database. Anyone who buys such a rifle by Dec. 31 of this year would have until April 30, 2006, to register with the justice department.

So the cut off for buying is 31 Dec. and you would have 16 months before having to register them.

Given that I'm planning to move in a few months I just might buy one before the cut off to support an in-state dealer... and then send a photo of it and me to Arnold explaining why another taxpaying homeowner has fled "paradise".
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
seems to me the time to buy is now...before it is signed and before the gun dealers jack the prices....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Then you'll have happen to you that happend to this AR owner from CA.

CA passed registration... he registered.

CA passed ban on new guns... he said f*ck that and moved to AK.

He get's a letter some time later that he was in posession of some type of firearm (i forget what) that the CA DOJ banned and he had to turn it in.  He sent them a letter back saying, essentially.  No, this is mine.  If you want it, come and get it.

So, with a team of crack commando's, CA DOJ raided his house at 0dark:30.

They were informed by the nice lady that had bought the house recently, that the previous occupant now lived in AK and to please go away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Could dealers pre date several thousand recipts and actually sell the rifles at a later date?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He get's a letter some time later that he was in posession of some type of firearm (i forget what) that the CA DOJ banned and he had to turn it in.  He sent them a letter back saying, essentially.  No, this is mine.  If you want it, come and get it.

They were informed by the nice lady that had bought the house recently, that the previous occupant now lived in AK and to please go away.

Take that, commie pricks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Could dealers pre date several thousand recipts and actually sell the rifles at a later date?

Only if they falsified their Disposition Book as to when they recieved it.
It could also be checked by the manufacterer as to when it shipped. I doubt any manufacterer will falsify the shipping dates for the dealer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
They'll sell more 50 calibers now than ever before.

With Republicans in control the congress, a nationwide ban is a pipe dream.

They tried under Klintoon and failed.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did they shoot her dog ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If the prices go up they can always buy otta state untill xmas. Man I feel sorry for the people in the PRK my prayers go out to you. If you have any issues let me know they sell new barret bolt guns here for $3100.
 FREE
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have a .50.  I don't want a .50.  There's no reason to ban them.  None!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I had no desire to own a .50 until now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if they falsified their Disposition Book as to when they recieved it.
It could also be checked by the manufacterer as to when it shipped. I doubt any manufacterer will falsify the shipping dates for the dealer.

No, because they have to do a background check via DOJ.  When the 4473 doesn't match the date of the check, problems.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, this place has gone to hell in a handbasket.
I wonder what the damn place will look like when I get out of the Army in 2 years..

Prob 10x as worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top