Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 8:32:32 AM EDT
So when it comes to dealing with an ex-relationship (in this case the *ex was a friend for 7yrs before you dated) should you follow your heart -or- use logic ?

I'm not talking about a person who hates you or has told you to screw off. But, one who might be slightly confused about her feelings (she was crying when we last spoke and I was describing my feelings, positive, toard her) and yea, she is dating someone much younger than her and he doesn't have a whole lot to offer compared to me (that is an unbias statement, I just posses a much better lifestyle and more wisdom and experience, not a shot against the loser .)

edited to add: She knows I have been dating (and doing what goes along w/ that) and is jelous. We also ended because I got her on the rebound, not because of the relationship itself, I did damage afterwards (ie: I was being a dick.)

*Ex is the only term I know to use in this context... Though we both agree we are not "ex's" in any way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Get both.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ex means it is over. Just walk away and move on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Logic. Always. It is the only way to gain the upper hand.
Whether to walk or not is something only you can decide but if you focus on emotion you will get your ass handed to you. Use logic and you will come out on top.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I tend to agree with that statement, but what ever happened to "never quit, never give up or give in ?" I could understand if we told each other to go away, that was never said. And we don't call each other "ex".
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not even sure I understand your post.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
They get one go at a relationship and thats it.

Unless they can suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Then they get a second chance, but no warnings, you gotta walk out at the first sign of shit going bad on the second chance.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1000!

Timely post topic.

Yesterday I get a call from an old GF (At my CURRENT GF's house) who I've stayed in contact with over the years (I stay friendly with most of the Ladies I've been involved with).  The Lady I'm with now hasn't minded because the EX had moved on and has been with a number of guys since WE broke up.  Well, yesterday she calls (Sobbing) and tells me that none of these guys has ever done for her what I used to do for her and that she'd like to get together and do something "Friendly" in the near future because she misses me.

When I asked her what her idea of something "Friendly" was she starts crying even louder and tells me that she wants to have sex and more-or-less use me to feel better about herself (At least she's honest lol).  I told her she was thinkin' like a guy (lol) and declined the invitation but (STUPIDLY) talked with her for about an hour to try and help her feel better (Being the supportive buddy friend).

This morning at just after 6am she calls again and we go through the SAME thing.  She's feeling unloved and I'M supposed to "Fix" her.  So now, I get to be an "Asshole" (And I HATE having to be an asshole) but, after this mornings call there's no way I'm gonna be able to be a "Buddy" because that's not what she really wants.  She wants me to help her get through a rough patch.  I care about this person but, I don't need to spend the next few months confusing her about what WE'LL ever be again or hiding from my cell-phone (When we were a couple she'd call me 9-10 times a day) because she's wanting an on-demand emotional crutch.

I'd say move on.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top