Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:48:25 PM EDT

CBS News has learned that the FBI has a full-fledged espionage investigation under way and is about to -- in FBI terminology -- "roll up" someone agents believe has been spying not for an enemy, but for Israel from within the office of the Secretary of Defense at the Pentagon.

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/27/eveningnews/main639143.shtml
I'm shocked.
Another article:  story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=542&ncid=716&e=2&u=/ap/20040828/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/pentagon_spy_probe
They have not named the target yet.  Maybe they are trying to flush him out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was still in the Marine Corps, our S-2 briefings always mentioned the Israeli's as being likely to spy on us.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
um... allies spy on eachother all the time.  Theres a difference between espionage (gathering data) and sabotage (blowing someone's shit up).

I'm sure we spy on the Israeli's. We'd be dumb not to.  And they'd be dumb not to spy on us.
The big screw-up is getting caught, because now the media (which is decidedly anit-Israel) will have a feild day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it's "flush HER out".  Or her and him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
There sneakly little bastards, oh well we will no doubt have shit with them one day too. And even maybe another hurrah with the brits.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Israel has actively conducted espionage against the US for decades.  Much of their nuclear program can be thanked for it.

France spies on us a lot with its intelligence agencies too, but it's mostly commercial in nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top