Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 4:50:30 AM EDT
Bucks County PA man gets 6-23 months for setting fire to kitten.

The crime was "beyond anything that civilized society can tolerate," the judge said.

Bucks County Judge David Heckler then sentenced Daniel Culligan, 28, to six to 23 months in jail for setting a kitten on fire and throwing it out of his Levittown apartment. The cat had to be euthanized.

Culligan also was sentenced to two years' probation and 40 hours of community service. Asked if he had anything to say, he said only that he wanted to forget that night.

Prosecutor Jennifer Buck said Culligan doused the kitten with lighter fluid and set it on fire. Defense lawyer Ray Geary said he thought the judge's sentence was too harsh.

Philadelphia Daily News
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/9509571.htm

What is wrong with these people?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]

That's sick.. Just shoot the poor thing and be done with it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

UhOh! Here we go again...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

UhOh! Here we go again...

Let's set the perpetrator on fire. I'd be happy to do it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
set his ass on fire and throw him out of the apartment
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And you wonder why people take issue with your cat-shooting story?  The above line is just a glaring example of why all the arguments you made in your own thread are worthless drivel.  I guess we're to assume that it's obviously a stray again?
---------------------
A Bucks County man who police said doused his son's new cat with charcoal lighter and set it ablaze has successfully petitioned a judge to allow him to keep another kitten he has at home.

Police said that Daniel Culligan, 28, sprayed charcoal lighter on the cat's back and touched it with a cigarette lighter because he said he was "frustrated" that the animal had defecated on the floor and scratched his son. He then tossed the 9-month-old female tabby over the deck outside his apartment and turned his back as the cat ran away, according to police.

Arrest papers stated that Culligan denied he harmed the cat but also told Bristol Township Detectives Timothy Fuhrmann and Greg Beidler, "What's the big deal? Everyone has hurt cats or squirrels."

He was charged with arson, a felony, and animal cruelty, a misdemeanor. He surrendered to Bristol Township police on Friday and was released on $100,000 bond.

Some animal advocates were upset that District Justice Joanne Kline, though calling the Dec. 14 crime "horrendous," changed her initial ruling that prohibited Culligan from having any contact with animals.

"Your honor, I actually have a kitten at home," Culligan said at his hearing.

"Not anymore you don't," Kline replied. But Culligan's father implored the judge to change her mind, saying that his granddaughter would be heartbroken and promising that "nothing will happen to that cat."

The injured animal, which had burns over more than 90 percent of its body, including its nasal passages, paws and one eye, was rushed by a neighbor to the Animal Emergency Center in Langhorne. It had to be euthanized.

Another neighbor had given the cat, which was named Chica, to Culligan just days before it was burned, authorities said.

Anne Irwin and Kathy Myron of the Bucks County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals were upset by the judge's decision, but Kline assured them she would revisit the issue at Culligan's preliminary hearing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh, it wasn't a stray? Ohk, that's different. You see, I persoanlly can't fathom why anyone would do such a thing to a pet. A stray? Well, I'm sure it's happened....sick, too, but there's no way I can fathom doing that to a pet.

But anyway...no, I really don't wonder why people blah blah blah.....it's really not my concern.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you wonder why people take issue with your cat-shooting story?  The above line is just a glaring example of why all the arguments you made in your own thread are worthless drivel.  I guess we're to assume that it's obviously a stray again?
---------------------

Bingo!! Evrything arowneragain states is worthless drivel.  What a moron.  Just a post whore.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I for one have no love for cats, but this is plain cruel and idiotic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

---------------------

Bingo!! Evrything arowneragain states is worthless drivel.  What a moron.  Just a post whore.

Thanks, DUnc.

You seem like a genuinely nice guy. Myself (and others) genuinely appreciate your insightful opinions here. The board is truly a better place now.

<----just trying out his 'moron' hat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
This it the type of "guy" that turns into a serial killer....To do somehting like this is heartless and sick minded.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I could in good conscience, and still sleep well at night, put a bullet right between his eyes. In the Buffalo area recently a guy got 6 months for AXING to death a neighbors border shepard mix because it was BARKING. Imagine that! A dog that barks! I would have loved to drop his ass of in the middle of Bagdad and give those ragheads someone worthy of beheading!

Damn it! I am so pissed now, I could piss fire...

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I could in good conscience, and still sleep well at night, put a bullet right between his eyes. In the Buffalo area recently a guy got 6 months for AXING to death a neighbors border shepard mix because it was BARKING. Imagine that! A dog that barks! I would have loved to drop his ass of in the middle of Bagdad and give those ragheads someone worthy of beheading!

Damn it! I am so pissed now, I could piss fire...

S.O.

If you do, please clear the urinal of cats first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#14]
There are people in this world and on this board that value the life of a cat just as much as that of a human.

I'm not one of them. The man should be punished but not in the manner posted above by some.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I woulda shot the guy.

Don't want him populatin...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#16]
They should lite the man on fire and throw him out of his apartment so that he learns a lesson, and dies in alot of pain then shoot him in the head just for fun.    
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the point is that people that like to torture animals, also frequently act against the human population.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are people in this world and on this board that value the life of a cat just as much as that of a human.
quote]

In this world, yes. On this board, doubt it.

Do you think anyone here would have objected if arowneragain had rounded up the cat in his yard and taken it to animal control to be uthanized?

Basically, he shot a cat for sport and posted it here to brag about his shooting skills.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They should lite the man on fire and throw him out of his apartment so that he learns a lesson, and dies in alot of pain then shoot him in the head just for fun.    

All that just for a crispy kitty ?

(for the record, I do not condone what the guy did)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

Do you think anyone here would have objected if arowneragain had rounded up the cat in his yard and taken it to animal control to be uthanized?

Basically, he shot a cat for sport and posted it here to brag about his shooting skills.

Have you read the post on this thread? When you do, get back to me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#21]
No need to get worked up over that fucking piece of cocksucking assfucked motherfatherfucker arowneragain.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Exactly,  "Look at me I'm Billy the Kid!" --Poser
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys are entertaining, if nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I have had cats all my life, great pets.

If I would have seen that happen in front of me..............

5.56 fragments at 2700fps or greater huh?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You guys are entertaining, if nothing else.

+1  .... yeah, I thought for a second there I was on mothering.com  ..

some folks have watched Bambi a few to many times ...

(flamesuit on )
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Hope I never see someone torturing a kitten or puppy like this because god help me I will fucking execute him and then spend the rest of my life in jail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top