Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:37:44 PM EDT
I figured you guys would know. If you're building or adding to an outdoor range, is there a point or situation where you need to involve any federal agencies? I heard something about the Army Corps of Engineers, but no details. How about the EPA? This information might help a nice club from making a mistake.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets say I was too buy 400 acres in nevada, could I allow people to come out and shoot with out trouble or license?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The EPA has closed down the Buffalo Rock Range near Ottawa, Illinois all summer for "clean up."  

Do you know what the circumstance were that brought on EPA involvement?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The EPA has closed down the Buffalo Rock Range near Ottawa, Illinois all summer for "clean up."  

Do you know what the circumstance were that brought on EPA involvement?

My guess would be lead clean up.I seen a web page that has a backstop system the catches all the bullits and "dumps" them into a bucket,I need to find the info and give it to the range i belong to.

If I find the info I will post it here,But knowing the board the company is a member here
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/development.asp

NRA Range Development

www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/technicalteam.asp

NRA Range Technical Team

Thanks for the links, but they don't really tell you anything unless you buy something.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a part of the EPA regulations that a lot of people don't know about.  Lead bullets are not considered a hazardous waste under federal regulation.  In order to be a hazardous waste, a material has to have been discarded.  EPA has ruled that bullets at an active firing range have been used as intended and thus have not been discarded.  Individual states may have different regulations that might apply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top