Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2004 9:25:16 AM EDT
Okay, I use to watch "Married with Children" quite a bit but I never understood why Al never wanted to "HIT" his wife Peggy.  I mean she dressed really tacky and all but she was still quite a MILF.

Maybe it was some inside joke I never understood, perhaps one of you could explain this to me...

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Because he was MARRIED to her, with children.  THAT was the joke.  

If you aren't married, you wouldn't understand.  

No matter how good she looks, after banging it 10,000 times, the thrill wears off, and you still have to put up with her shit!

But I agree, I'd hit Katey Sagal.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
For even the most beautiful woman in the world there is, somewhere, a man sick and tired of dealing with her shit.  Thats why.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
"Strange" is better
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No matter how good she looks, after banging it 10,000 times, the thrill wears off, and you still have to put up with her shit!

I don't know about you but I've been married for almost 10 years and the thrill still hasn't wore off.  My wife is still pretty hot...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know about you but I've been married for almost 10 years and the thrill still hasn't wore off.  My wife is still pretty hot...

Be honest, your wife was sitting next to you as you typed this, wasn't she?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I love Al Bundy.  To quote:

"Don't talk to the law.  Don't listen to the law.  Don't watch L.A. law."
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Because Al Bundy, like all TV dads, is a moron. When was the last time a TV dad was ever presented as a positive role model, unless he was a liberal metrosexual?

And that's how women and kid viewers prefer their TV dads: dumb as a bag of hammers, utterly clueless, so the viewers can get away with all sorts of misadventures (vicariously), and have a convenient scapegoat for all their problems, too.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you went and did it......This thread is now officially worthless
..without pics of your hot wife!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For even the most beautiful woman in the world there is, somewhere, a man sick and tired of dealing with her shit.  Thats why.

Yep, Billy Joel looked over at Christy Brinkley and said "I can do better than this...."

- CD
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be honest, your wife was sitting next to you as you typed this, wasn't she?

No, he left himself logged in and walked away from the computer to get a beer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats has got to be one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife is still pretty hot...

Hell yeah shes smokin!! I Think shes the hottest ARFCOM wife!

Why thank you texastactical.

Here's the boss...

Here she is at 5 months pregnant just to prove that I'm no Al Bundy!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Because Al Bundy, like all TV dads, is a moron. When was the last time a TV dad was ever presented as a positive role model, unless he was a liberal metrosexual?

I'm sure you haven't noticed, but I'll fill you in on a little secret.  Not a SINGLE character on Married with Children was a positive role model.  It was a show about trashy people and their trashy world.

I want a "No Ma'am" t-shirt.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Mauser101,

I knew the show was about a low class family but hey even the low class need lovin' too...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Because Al is the ultimate anti-hero loser. The reason his life went downhill from high school is all because of Peg. He doesn't see Peg as an attractive MILF, but as the horrible ball and chain that ruined his popularity and football career.  Several times during the show Al tells Peggy if he knew how thing were going to turn out, he never would have taken her under the bleachers.

That was the joke of the show. Al hated his life and his family because they made him the loser that he is.

All the fun of his youth was gone because he was married..........with children.

It was great through when the old Al would pop out, like fighting at the nudy bar or whipping the guys ass at the class reunion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I like how everything in the world was against the average white male. I also loved how everything would end up being a huge protest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife is still pretty hot...

Hell yeah shes smokin!! I Think shes the hottest ARFCOM wife!

Why thank you texastactical.

Here's the boss...

a3.cpimg.com/image/D9/9B/29114073-e6f5-01710200-.jpg

Here she is at 5 months pregnant just to prove that I'm no Al Bundy!

a8.cpimg.com/image/A2/3F/31618978-ea5e-01800200-.jpg

Hey Man you up too any wife swapping, I don't have a wife but I think you know what I mean. Congrads on the awesome looking wife.   Here's a beer to ya
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Wife swapping???  Hell NO, Yojimbo don't play that!

Seriously though, thanks for the compliments!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It was great through when the old Al would pop out, like fighting at the nudy bar or whipping the guys ass at the class reunion.

You're right.  When I think about all the episodes that I liked, the ones that I like dthe best were when Al rose above and kicked the ass of whatever it was that was in his way.

Ever notice how immaculately clean the place was?  That always suprised me.  Peg was always sitting on the couch eating bon-bons and watching soaps, and yet the house was always clean.  I'm of the opinion that she made Bud do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's a picture of my wife

damn my wife's so ugly she broke the image
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I think Peg secretly had man goods hiden under that skirt???

MT
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#24]
What a beautiful red x you married!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#26]
No just a pic of her face ?????????????  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1 Here, and I should know...check the avatar.

It's like the new version of Playboy that they have for married men. It still has a foldout, but it's the same woman every month.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And the ass-whipping always started with: "let's rock"
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Here, and I should know...check the avatar.

It's like the new version of Playboy that they have for married men. It still has a foldout, but it's the same woman every month.

Talk about the Picture of Dorian Gray....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

And that's how women and kid viewers prefer their TV dads: dumb as a bag of hammers, utterly clueless, so the viewers can get away with all sorts of misadventures (vicariously), and have a convenient scapegoat for all their problems, too.

Actually, this was one of the few sitcoms not aimed at women. It was also one of the few good sitcoms.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#32]
She's too big.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Man you up too any wife swapping, I don't have a wife but I think you know what I mean.

So, how's that work?  You nail his wife, and then owe him one?

Just curious  

ya, I owe him.  or he can have my 80+ year old grandma if he wants.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Because he scored four touchdowns in one game at Polk HIgh.  He can do and say whatever he wants.

I love that show
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a joke and attempt to explain the rationale for the show.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Man you up too any wife swapping, I don't have a wife but I think you know what I mean.

So, how's that work?  You nail his wife, and then owe him one?

Just curious  

ya, I owe him.  or he can have my 80+ year old grandma if he wants.  

LOL!  Keep dreaming sonny!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bill Cosby?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
<Image removed.  Please read the Conduct Code regarding the insertion of pics of this type into threads.>
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Where you can look at a thigh...and blacken an eye...at the nudie bar.
Where you can look at a breast....and cave in a chest....at the nudie bar.

That show was the shit!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill Cosby?
Bundy would kick Cosby's ass!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Horse Face
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Man I loved that show.     NO MAM
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
"Strange" is better

YEAH, it like putting you hand ON top of your hammer instead ofthe bottom!!!! "Different woman!"
Did I say that?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
She's too big.

MAN HANDS!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Probably because she's ugly on the inside.

But Kelly was hot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd hit Marci...  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top