BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 9:07:52 AM EDT
And what is it worth?

Hessian-1standing by!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Springfield used to made ones a long time ago (but haven't for a long time).  I seem to recall that SOMEONE started making them again - it was probably a few years ago, but I distinctly recall someone on ar15.com talking about making them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
ETA - Springfield had complete wooden A1 furniture - do these guys have that too?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, there was a breakage problem with them.

I LOVE walnut stocks (furniture) but the AR family is one that I'd never put them on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen 3 sets of original Colt A1 type wood stocks - one for sale here several years ago (~$350 asking price I recall), one on ebay last year that sold for about $180 (didn't discover it in time to bid), and one on an M-16 owned by a Missouri dealer.  

Two or three retailers have wood butt stocks and grips for sale, and one popular kit seller had free float tubes with wood grain paper applied (! WTF!  talk about cheap crap).

The triangular handguard from the original furniture are delicate, but ought to be okay for a plinker if carefully handled.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a toy M-16A1 back in the early to mid 1980's that had brown furniture on it. With the texture and lines in it, it was meant to look like wood. Perhaps this was copied from the Springfield design?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top