User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:34:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
any relation to windsurfing ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
please stop,,,, I need air, oh god, you'retoo funny.  I'm gagging on my own tongue ...can't stop laughing
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Just when the hell did windsurfing become an Olympic sport??? Gawd... Next you'll tell me that synchronized swimming is a real sport, too...

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard that John Kerry won a Gold medal for windsurfing. He threw that over the Whitehouse fence though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually it's been an olympic sport since 1996.  It's a course race, just like other types of sailing.  There is nothing arbitrary about it, you crossed the line first, or you didn't.

Windsurfing in the US is dying, as kids are just too damn lazy or too damn busy "pimpin out da ride" to put the effort into learning difficult things.  Actually, that's not entirely accurate, as the windsurfing industry allowed it to happen by not focusing on bringing people into the sport.  Europeans dominate!  During my last trip to Maui, Americans were a minority on the beach.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that a cowbell hanging from his crossbar???
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I gotta have more cowbell
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
any relation to windsurfing ?

No the sport is windsuring
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Those are harness lines haning from the boom.  He is wearing a seat harness.  Note the stainless bar across the front with a hook.  That hook attaches to those lines.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#10]
good for the Israelis
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I heard that John Kerry won a Gold medal for windsurfing. He threw that over the Whitehouse fence though.

He was sick and tired of Mr. Nixon's Olympics and athletes who behaved in a manner of Jenjus Khan.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are harness lines haning from the boom.  She is wearing a seat harness.  Note the stainless bar across the front with a hook.  That hook attaches to those lines.  

Ugh... She?

Perhaps you need to move to another part of the country if the "shes" around there look like that and cause you to mistake "he" for "she".

Someone please pimp slap me if I'm incorrect.

Scratch that, if I'm incorrect, someone please pimp slap the "she/he/it" (is that technically redneck for "sheeeeeeeeit?)in the photo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are harness lines haning from the boom.  She is wearing a seat harness.  Note the stainless bar across the front with a hook.  That hook attaches to those lines.  

Ugh... She?

Perhaps you need to move to another part of the country if the "shes" around there look like that and cause you to mistake "he" for "she".

Someone please pimp slap me if I'm incorrect.

Scratch that, if I'm incorrect, someone please pimp slap the "she/he/it" (is that technically redneck for "sheeeeeeeeit?)in the photo.

DOAH!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just when the hell did windsurfing become an Olympic sport??? Gawd... Next you'll tell me that synchronized swimming is a real sport, too...

Or Badminton
Or Trampoline
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top