Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:46:39 AM EDT
Per CNN, Al-Sadr wishes to negotiate a retreat to another shrine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
<---------Beyond words...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfriggin' believable!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
its a good plan.  retreat to another "less holy" shrine- and blow it to tiny little bits
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
We need to starve them out. Emaciated terrorists are easier to kill.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The US just needs to move in during the night, kill them all, capature Al-Sader, and then be pulled out by morning leaving the Iraqis there so it looks like they were the ones who conducted the mission.  Then the rest of the people in the town won't get "offended" that the US troops were in the shrine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]
They should tell him that wherever he's vaporized will become a shrine in the eyes of his slack-jawed savage supporters, and let him relocate to the town dump.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I think we just did a Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#11]

I swear to God that if we keep this shit up, Iraq WILL start looking like "another Vietnam".

Memo to President Bush:

QUIT FUCKING AROUND AND FINISH THIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for your attention to this urgent matter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]
this is a fricking joke, pisses me off
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I swear to God that if we keep this shit up, Iraq WILL start looking like "another Vietnam".

Memo to President Bush:

QUIT FUCKING AROUND AND FINISH THIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for your attention to this urgent matter.

Preach it, Brother!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]
we need to drop 50,000 gallons of swine offal on the mosque and compound; bomb hell out of the whole area and claim they blew it up.  they may be less desirious of fighting if they can't make it to "pairodice."   mcole
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#16]

((( shakes head in disgust )))
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#17]
been there, done that

just KILL the FUCKER

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The US just needs to move in during the night, kill them all, capature Al-Sader, and then be pulled out by morning leaving the Iraqis there so it looks like they were the ones who conducted the mission.  Then the rest of the people in the town won't get "offended" that the US troops were in the shrine.

you overestimate our urban warfare capabilities.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you overestimate our urban warfare capabilities.

The "its real simple" folks make me shake my head.

Usually, they COMPLETELY ignore tomorrows consequences to todays military "victories."

They usually refuse to intelligently discuss what happens tomorrow. Usually they respond "who cares?" right after they call me a traitor / simpleton / idiot / wimp / coward.

Now THERE'S sound thinking for you -  "WHo cares" about how many USGI's die tomorrow for killing ONE GUY today.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I do think we should kill him and all with him, but if we touch that mosque, our boys are in trouble. Everyone is going to use that as an excuse to attack US troops.

BUT, this negotiating IS pissing me off. If you are going to close with and destroy the enemy, stop pussyfooting around and do it. I'm SURE the troops want to do just this, but they are treading on very thin ice right now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#22]
You cannot wipe out the whole bunch…

The only way to effectively end resistance at the end of a major battle is for the winner to negotiate with the loser. If you do not come up with an agreement that is enforceable the situation will repeat itself. At some point negotiate is inevitable the trick is to get an settlement that will work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Why don't we just gas the bastards?  Better yet, give the Iraqi provisional government/police training and supplies to do it.  A little low-persistence nerve gas.  No damage to the shrine.  All dead BGs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why don't we just gas the bastards?  Better yet, give the Iraqi provisional government/police training and supplies to do it.  A little low-persistence nerve gas.  No damage to the shrine.  All dead BGs.

Maybe cuz the Iraquis and the rest of the world would find it difficult to beleive we were there to end use of WMD's when we go in there and USE WMD's on al Sadr????

Wow.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn't that EXACTLY what we did for Saddam in the first place??

gave his goons the training and supplies to gas his own people.

Gas the bastards indeed......................

Chris

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe cuz the Iraquis and the rest of the world would find it difficult to beleive we were there to end use of WMD's when we go in there and USE WMD's on al Sadr????

Wow.

Some of that non-;lethal stuff the Russians used would be nice, though... Not a 'WMD' per say, just administer it properly and have enough antidote on site...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Some of that non-;lethal stuff the Russians used would be nice, though... Not a 'WMD' per say, just administer it properly and have enough antidote on site...

If it makes them all dead (per the authors requirement) its a WMD.

Besides, it wouldn't matter if we used Liz Claiborne perfume - Kerry and his Marxist buddies would say we are using WMD.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top