Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:38:09 AM EDT
So, yesterday I'm watching Demolition Man.  During the scene after Snipes escapes from Cryo-prison, they are checking the parole hearing records for that morning, when low and behold, one of the names is Scott Peterson.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]
On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?

Boredom in the news media. Looking for a story anywhere they can.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking that question.  I don't have cable, so I only catch TV news at restaurants, etc.  There seem to be three trials - that see,m to be very locally oriented dominating the national news.  You wouldn't even know there is a war or presidential campaign going on depending on when you watched the news!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
No. Because if he's found guilty of what he's charged with, a parole board is unlikely anything he'll ever see. Or at least that's how it should be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]

I can't go near Fox News whenever Greta Van Sustern is on... she has such a hardon for the Peterson case I wanna puke... and that stupid Kobe garbage is just as bad... I can't wait till Jackson's trial starts, we'll never see any real news again...

Bread and circuses...

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My guess would be is because she was an attractive pregnant female.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:On the subject of this trial, why is it such a big deal? I don't mean disrespect to Laci and her unborn child, but what sets this murder case to National Coverage?

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking that question.  I don't have cable, so I only catch TV news at restaurants, etc.  There seem to be three trials - that see,m to be very locally oriented dominating the national news.  You wouldn't even know there is a war or presidential campaign going on depending on when you watched the news!

It's because of the 24 hour news cycle that makes everything news. That's the only reason that a small town murder case gets more coverage than a space shot.  Watch for a while and you will think that a half a hour of news a day is enough. If you go to an old folks home they are watching the same news over and over again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
they also say President Schwarzenegger, it could happen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top