Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 5:42:47 AM EDT
I had the "guns" in my 12 year old Magnavox projection TV serviced last week, fluid drained, flushed, cleaned, aligned.
It was just like a brand new TV.

This morning my wife was watching the news before she went to work and the TV picture went pffffftt.

First I thought it was the DTV box or a cable connection.
Hooked the cable up to the laptop and got a picture, so it's not the DTV box or the cable.

Tried the rest of the units hooked into the set, the S-video stuff worked.

Troubleshot it for about 10 minutes and found that the cable input to the TV is fucked.

The S-video and the two rca jack aux ports work.
So now I don't have PIP, stereo or surround from the TV as only the cable side allows it.

$200 to service the guns that I could have spent on buying a new TV....
The guy that serviced the TV was joking (perhaps not) about people spending money fixing TV's when they should have replaced them.

I was looking at getting a widescreen 42 inch Panasonic tube TV, but the wife "talked" me into fixing the old TV.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I had the "guns" in my 12 year old Magnavox projection TV serviced last week, fluid drained, flushed, cleaned, aligned.
It was just like a brand new TV.

This morning my wife was watching the news before she went to work and the TV picture went pffffftt.

Fear not. This is just God telling you that TV is bad. He does that from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top