Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 6:53:14 PM EDT
I'm begining to hear rumors and whispers of rumors concerning civie versions of LE/M weapons that are coming to market post 9/14.
Of particular interest to me are:
SigSauer....550,551,552
FN....P90 ("training" round is already commercially available, I think)
IMI...Tavor (IDF rifle) Barret of M82A1 fame is helping w/ that one, but I hear there are problems,
               don't know what the problems are
DSA.....Steyr AUG (that one has already been confirmed)

And on a side note: Do you think HK will at the very least put into production standard capacity magazines for the MK23 much less the USP pistols?
I don't think they will as long as British Aerospace owns them. (Politics of the crown)
No offence to our brothers and sister in GBR.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I just like the phrase "scuttle butt."
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a dog named that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm begining to hear rumors and whispers of rumors concerning civie versions of LE/M weapons that are coming to market post 9/14.
Of particular interest to me are:
SigSauer....550,551,552
FN....P90 ("training" round is already commercially available, I think)
IMI...Tavor (IDF rifle) Barret of M82A1 fame is helping w/ that one, but I hear there are problems,
               don't know what the problems are
DSA.....Steyr AUG (that one has already been confirmed)

And on a side note: Do you think HK will at the very least put into production standard capacity magazines for the MK23 much less the USP pistols?
I don't think they will as long as British Aerospace owns them. (Politics of the crown)
No offence to our brothers and sister in GBR.

BAE dosn't own HK anymore.

As for HK tooling up to make civvie firearms after the ban in its new USA plant, thats still up in the air even with their new ownership.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Which derives from the term for the water barrel on a ship. A "butt" is a certain size barrel. The water butt had a hole cut in the top to allow access to the contents with a dipper, cup, or other container. Because of the hole, it was at least metaphorically "scuttled," as a ship would be if you cut a hole in the hull. Thus the scuttled butt or "scuttlebutt" is the antique nautical equivalent of the water cooler around which modern workplace gossip is exchanged.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to get you guys in here to get some feed back and intel.
Scuttle butt: old Navyspeak for rumor.
Are you guys hearing anything about those weapons?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which derives from the term for the water barrel on a ship. A "butt" is a certain size barrel. The water butt had a hole cut in the top to allow access to the contents with a dipper, cup, or other container. Because of the hole, it was at least metaphorically "scuttled," as a ship would be if you cut a hole in the hull. Thus the scuttled butt or "scuttlebutt" is the antique nautical equivalent of the water cooler around which modern workplace gossip is exchanged.

Thanks for the explanation.

I think HK might make some stuff, but I have extreme doubts about Sig 55x, P90, or Tavor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I doubt there coming to market (P90, 55X, Tavor)
But a boy can dream can't he!
BTW, who owns HK now?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If the P90 were available I'd definitely be in for one if under $1500 or so, hell I'd even pay to SBR it.  Of course I'd have to dump a ton of dough on mags as well not to mention buck a shot ammo.... damn this is getting expensive...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top