Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 1:41:07 PM EDT

We had a brief chat, and she was telling me she is in law school. Presuming she was a liberal, after asking what type of law she wanted to specialize in, she said she wanted to litigate. I said "Just dont be like John Edwards".

After giving him a verbal BJ, she said "Dont tell me you are for shrub".

I have learned to conquer these libs from the middle, and destroy their side of the fence.

"Do you think Bush cares anymore about me than Kerry? "All I care about is the Constitution".

She easily agreed. It was job one. Gotcha. "Thats why I cant vote for Kerry. He, and the ACLU are both anti gun, and the BOR is the thing I cherish most. She didnt go anti gun, but backed up and called Bush a "Christian zealot". I asked her if she was spiritual, to which she said she was "an atheist".

To which I responded, "As I recall, The Declaration specifies that we have Creator endowed rights. If you have no Creator, you have no rights, under law, per se".

Then she went real lie-beral, "Well I think we have certain human rights...." I interrupted her, "Excuse me, we are talking Constitution and law, not feelings. They specified Creator endowed rights."

I saw her brain meltdown and excused myself.......

Damn I love Seattle....

Signed,

Reallife  

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
To which I responded, "As I recall, The Declaration specifies that we have Creator endowed rights. If you have no Creator, you have no rights, under law, per se".

Although in all fairness, isn't that a non-sensical argument?  When rights are inaliable, no belief in a deity is REQUIRED - because they are inaliable, not conditional.

Just nitpicking
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]

that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

My nit thinks, under law, if you have no Creator, you have no endowment.

Do we need a poll????

ETA- Like that story about the Second Ammendment where they changed "arms" to "books".

"that they are endowed by their Mother with P&J sandwiches which cannot be taken away"

If you have no  Mother, you have no sandwich to be taken away.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a creator. It was my mother and father. Hell, if the bible is right on the geneology, I could probably trace my family back to Seth. Even if it ain't, though, I've still got a creator.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CavVet: A buddy of mine in SoCal is a conservative MarineVet...who is also black. He said liberals get mad at him for being conservative when "he should know better" as a black man than to think like that.

Do you get that reaction much: White liberals getting all red in the face when you don't dance to the tune they know is good for you?

Gad damn - that's a racist attitude!!   And the worst thing is those kinds of people are probably the ones who are the quickest to point fingers and yell racism.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
CavVet: A buddy of mine in SoCal is a conservative MarineVet...who is also black. He said liberals get mad at him for being conservative when "he should know better" as a black man than to think like that.

Do you get that reaction much: White ALL liberals getting all red in the face when you don't dance to the tune they know is good for you?

Big time...especially at my union shop.

I break that down easy. "Jesse "Rev. Adulterous" Jackson or General Colin Powell? Dr. Condi or Al "perm" Sharpton?  My Grandpa repelled the klan at gunpoint, you say the man is out to get me, and you want me to give up my guns??? And sorry, I was raised in the church, I cant vote for or with the homosexual marriage lobby. And also, anybody who kills 55 women deserves to die. Liberal, no way."

I love it when they go there.  2ez.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top