Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:39:16 AM EDT
I have a buddy coming home for two weeks from Afghanistan in a couple of months.  I am planning on giving him my Walther P22 as a welcome home gift, because he absolutely loved shooting it when we used to shoot together before he was deployed.

I bought a new laser aiming device for the Walther yesterday, and I am planning on getting a custom paint job from Chameleon Weaponry before I give it to him.

Here is my question.  I would like to present it to him in a nice lockable pistol case, the kind you cut out foam to form-fit the weapon.  Can anyone recommend a good pistol case like that?  Also, I would like to lay out the interior in a high-speed fashion:  pistol, spare mag, and maybe a wide variety of .22lr ammuntion as well.  Sort of a 'Hollywood assassin' look to the thing.  Does anyone want to share pics of their pistol cases, or have a cool looking layout in the interior of thier cases?

Thanks for any info or advice.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Pelican makes some pretty nifty cases.  Try doing a search on them.  Thats about all I can help ya with.  Neat idea though.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I did mine like this

Clicky

While its probably not display enough for your application, you could probably modify it a bit. Total cost was around 15 bucks or so. Bought one of the locking boxes from Wal Mart (10 bucks), then had to find foam. That was a bitch. NO fabric stores sell grey foam, ended up going to a home audio store I had dealings with in the past. Good people. They use an acoustic foam for deadening, and its almost ALWAYS grey. They had some spare they ended up giving me.
Anyways, grey acoustic foam, cut to size of the box. Took 3 layers, just used glue to glue it together. Top layer I used an X-Acto knife to cut out the area for the mags and pistol. i can stack 2 mags in every holder. One of my buddies did something like that only for his tool chest, he said if you drop the tool in boiling water for a couple minutes and get it good and hot then set it on the foam it melts the foam and does a form fit. I dont know if I'd want to put my pistol in boiling water though, so did go that route.

So, thats my homemade pistol case. It looks decent enough, but up close you can definately tell its a homemade job.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Looks good to me, Specop_007.  Nice CZ52 by the way, I have one as well.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pelican makes some pretty nifty cases.  Try doing a search on them.  Thats about all I can help ya with.  Neat idea though.  

Very good stuff, all my camera equipment is in Pelican cases
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
kalispell makes some nice cases as well
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Zero Haliburton is nice too but expensive
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
MAN!!!  I want to be your friend!!!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SgtAR15 makes some cool gun cases. Get in touch with him so that he can build you one(and so that he'll stop posting for a minute!)

Actually, he already IMed me, but I am not looking for a display case, more of a 'throw it in the trunk when we head to the range' kind of case.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Might I suggest Kalispel Cases?  They are nice looking, unbelieveably strong, and a good alternative to Pelican, although not waterproof.  I have a utility case that I cut foam for and carry several pistols in, as well as a large rifle case that takes my babies with me when I fly.  They are substantially thicker then Cabella's 'Bulletproof' cases.  The big case is pretty heavy.  They also custom made a case to my requested dimensions for my USP Match, a box of .45, and an extra magazine.  I love them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top