Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:33 PM EDT
I am in the market for a new scope to put on my .308 Remington 700 PSS.
I have been seriously considering one of those Leatherwood Uni Dial scopes, with the "no math, mil-dot recticle".
They seem like a really nice scope, and I have heard good things about them.

BUT...I keep seeing these ads for the Tasco Super Sniper...
The ad says "awarded U.S. Navy contract", ect. ect.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE SCOPES?
I have not heard anything about them either.

Should I go with the cheaper "Super Sniper", or should I come up off the wallet, and get the Leatherwood?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 on the Super Snipers

Here is an excellant review by a no BS type
www.snipershide.com/optics/supersniper.html

You can contactSWFA about the Super Sniper as they have the exclusive world wide rights to the Super Sniper scopes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a much older Super Sniper and it was a great scope.  No problems at all.

The $650 Springfield Armory scope on the other hand...

If I scope the PTR-91 I'm getting, it will be with a Super Sniper.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 (10x40) scope. (Less than $200!)

I don't own one, but it's on my short list for my future long range stick build and I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may want to take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 (10x42) scope. (Less than $200!)

I don't own one, but it's on my short list for my future long range stick build and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

You may be thinking of the Elite 4200... newer and much better from what I hear.  Around $350 in most places.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a SS on a PSS DM in .300 WM.  It holds zero, and I thought it was pretty clear.  That is, until I looked through a Leupold, now that was clarity.

Seriously, the SS is pretty good, but not the best.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You may want to take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 (10x40) scope. (Less than $200!)

You may be thinking of the Elite 4200... newer and much better from what I hear.  Around $350 in most places.

No, this is the one I'm talking about.

Again, no personal experience. I've just heard from a lot of sources that it's hard to beat for the price.

www.riflescopes.com/products/321040M/bushnell_elite_3200_10x40.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top