Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:30:18 PM EDT
Where can one get the camo they wore in the movies, the green with white splotches?  It looks like Soviet sniper camo.

I could really be nostalgic sitting around after the AWB expires with my SAR3 outfitted AK74 style, or my SAR1 outfitted AKM style.

Seriously, where can you find that camo.  Most internet searches turn up nil.

jd1

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT, it went to page 3 before I knew it.

jd1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was Cheaper Than Dirt that used to sell the old Warsaw Pact snow cammo.
You could always just buy regular snow, and make your own with Ritz dye and a toothbrush.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Stuff in the movie was made just for it, it was a copy of a Russian paratrooper pattern worn in Afghanistan. Should be some floating around here and there....I recall seeing some of the movie uniforms being sold, but that was 16-17 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,  I'll keep looking.

jd1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
TimJ is right. I remember seeing small classified ads in Shotgun News selling the Red Dawn Russian camo uniforms for a year or so after the movie came out. The guy selling them must have bought up all or most of them, because I distinctly remember the ads being around for several months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top