Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 12:46:10 PM EDT
...that you lie in the street naked thinking you are at home in bed.  a former ohio mayor was lying in the road naked and when asked, "where are you?" by police he said, "in bed!"  they asked where his car was and he said, "downstairs!"  I saw it on the news last night...weird.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
www.local6.com/news/3660404/detail.html

Dash-Cam Video Shows Former Ohio Mayor Naked
Tom Coyne In Betty Ford Center

UPDATED: 4:38 PM EDT August 17, 2004
NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio -- Former Brook Park, Ohio, Mayor Tom Coyne is in the Betty Ford Clinic.

This comes after police released dash-cam video of him nude along a stretch of a road in North Olmsted Monday.

"I deeply regret that a personal issue has become so public," Coyne said in a written statement. "I accept full responsibility for my actions -- and offer my profound apologies to family and friends that I have saddened and disappointed by those actions." (Read Complete Statement)

Officers said Coyne, 54, was unresponsive when he was first found around 2 a.m.

When police questioned Coyne he said he thought he was at home in bed and his car was downstairs.

His blood-alcohol level was .274, which is about three times the legal limit allowed to drive in the state of Ohio, NewsChannel5 reported.

SLIDESHOW: Police Find Nude Coyne

A resident found Coyne lying in his yard on Columbia Road with his shirt off and his pants around his ankles.

Coyne and a friend had reportedly been eating and drinking at a North Olmsted restaurant.

A warrant was issued for his arrest. Coyne's attorney appeared in Rocky River Municipal Court Tuesday to say that Coyne had gone to the Betty Ford Clinic in California for rehabilitation.

Westlake police said the warrant would be withdrawn as long as counsel provides proof that Coyne entered the treatment center.

He was also ordered to post $3,500 bond.

A few months ago, Coyne spent time locked up for drunken driving in Westlake, Ohio, and now he faces a probation violation, according to WEWS-TV in Cleveland.

"I was in court when he was (sentenced). I know abstaining from alcohol was one of the points," said Lt. Ray Arcuri of the Westlake Police Department.

North Olmsted police also expect to meet with the city prosecutor Tuesday about filing disorderly conduct charges.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the late '80s when I was in school, a friend of mine was so drunk, he got out of his bed, walked over to his roommates desk, and took a beer piss all over place.  He thought he was in the bathroom and that it was a urinal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Ohio has some freaks in public office.

A police chief from Ohio was busted for Spanking teenage traffic violators!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I was so messed up I drove about 50 miles PAST my exit for home and didnt know it.
Not one of my shining moments......
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was so messed up I drove about 50 miles PAST my exit for home and didnt know it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Last year at college, my roomate came in so drunk at 3am that he pulled down his pants to take a dump on our couch. I gently reminded him "That's not the toilet" and directed his inebriated carcase to the bathroom.

Every Thursday and Saturday night I made his bed for him so when he got home drunk he didn't have to wake me up looking for his blanket or fall off the top bunk trying to do the same. He fell off a few times though.

Funny thing is that he's a pretty responsible guy otherwise; sad thing is that he has no clue about any of the above.

Edit: After that, I'd NEVER get drunk enough to let people see me like that!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said, not one of my shining moments. It was back in my crazy college days, such craziness no longer goes on in my life. The extent of crazy anymore is getting 3 kdis ready to go somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
AFOAF passed out on top of some bushes in a downtown 'bar' area. Cop pulled his wallet out of his pocket(7am) and called his father, he was still out cold when his pop showed up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ohio has some freaks in public office.

A police chief from Ohio was busted for Spanking teenage traffic violators!

Like you don't in CA,
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
21 st birthday

woke up to the neighborhood cop nudging my foot as I slept outside the front door .........

cops were cool back then - I had made it to glue and he let me go inside.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
man thats F up,
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Imagine, hell. I've been that drunk a few times in my life. No motorized vehicles involved.

scratch that. A high-end go-cart may or may not have been maimed one New Year's Eve.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I seem to remember a story about a Japanese businessman who got shit-faced drunk at a company dinner.  He knocked over drinks, cursed people, insulted his boss in front of his peers, and urinated in his pants.  They managed to squeegee him downstairs to catch a taxi home, but he broke away from those that were holding him and escaped.  Fastforward--they found his partially eaten body in the lion enclosure of the local zoo the next morning.  That's pissed drunk!  

Hmmm, I like a happy ending to a story.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Heh...passed out on the toilet once Apparently I was either too drunk to stand and had to sit, or I really had to take a dump, either way...

Came to at 5am sitting at the kitchen table (at a friend's place, and only one bathroom there)...wondered WTF, how I got there, and why my shirt was pulled out (it had been tucked in before).

Didn't find out until a couple weeks later what happened...

Not a shining moment

Hey, I was under 20...wtf did I know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top