Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 3:23:02 AM EDT
So I was watching the news last night and there was a town hall meeting somewhere out west.  There were a couple hundred citizens there that were screaming mad about the illegal aliens streaming over the border unchecked.  CA state congressman Darrel Issa and Asa Hutchison were there to answer the people's questions.

Anyway.  A gentlemen gets up and tells Deputy Homeland Security Director Hutchison that it is his understanding that the Constitution specifically requires the federal government to protect the soverignty of  the United States AND its borders and that the military should be used.  Hutchison gave the man the scariest answer I would have expected from someone in Kerry's camp.  He said, "The miliatary is supposed to protect our borders WHEN WE ARE ATTACKED."  

Mother of God, Man.  Is he truly suggesting that we only have to secure our borders in the event that we are attacked by another nation?  This is the Number 2 guy in charge of securing our homeland and he says shit like this.  Just goes to show that NO party can piss off the number one miroity group in America during an election year...or any other year for that matter
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If he had said "If we are attacked, the Military will respond," would you feel better?

If we are attacked, who else are you going to send....the TSA?   I doubt if he was suggesting that repelling attacks is the only function of our military.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The town meeting was a direct result of the furor  generated by Hutchinson's interview on KFI-640 radio. The hosts (John and Ken) now have a thing going called "Political Human Sacrafice" where they will campaign to have one Republican congress-critter removed from office at  the next election. If this seems like an idle threat, remember that these guys were instrumental in removing Gray Davis from office.  KFI radio

CW
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The town meeting was a direct result of the furor  generated by Hutchinson's interview on KFI-640 radio. The hosts (John and Ken) now have a thing going called "Political Human Sacrafice" where they will campaign to have one Republican congress-critter removed from office at  the next election. If this seems like an idle threat, remember that these guys were instrumental in removing Gray Davis from office.  KFI radio

CW

I heard their interview with Asshole Hutchinson. They tore him a new one.

I'm glad to see you Californians have SOME people who get it and who are willing to fight the good fight.

Carry on!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 A gentlemen gets up and tells Deputy Homeland Security Director Hutchison that it is his understanding that the Constitution specifically requires the federal government to protect the soverignty of  the United States AND its borders and that the military should be used.  Hutchison gave the man the scariest answer I would have expected from someone in Kerry's camp.  He said, "The miliatary is supposed to protect our borders WHEN WE ARE ATTACKED."  

So if this is the case, what did the 7th Calvary do all during WWI?  Were not they tasked with guarding the US/Mexican border during WWI due to Mexico allliance with Germany.

Surely, our governmental officals are not attempting to rewrite history!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I sort of agree with him.  Until the illegals become an armed militia it's a law enforcement job, and law enforcement should be able to deal with it more efficiently (lower cost) than the military.  

My big problem is when local police forces (who are the most likely to come into contact with illegals) catch them that they aren't sent back to Mexico or to prison.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the idea of homeland security was to protect the borders in order to prevent an attack.

Otherwise, it is like having a bullet resistant vest that you are only allowed to put on AFTER being shot.  A bit out of order, I'd say.

ktm500
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the purpose of our military was to fight and win wars.  I thought border protection belonged to Border Patrol, US Customs, Coast Guard and if needed the Nat'l Guard.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought the purpose of our military was to fight and win wars.  I thought border protection belonged to Border Patrol, US Customs, Coast Guard and if needed the Nat'l Guard.  Maybe I'm wrong.

No you are not wrong.  Then again this topic is from a MD resident.  You figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The "American Border Militia" could probably put a dent in the immigration problem.
A big one.
It would only have to be active for one day, maybe two or three, tops.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I sort of agree with him.  Until the illegals become an armed militia it's a law enforcement job, and law enforcement should be able to deal with it more efficiently (lower cost) than the military.  

My big problem is when local police forces (who are the most likely to come into contact with illegals) catch them that they aren't sent back to Mexico or to prison.

GunLvr

The problem with this line of thought is that the MEXICAN MILITARY IS INVOLVED with protecting illegals crossing and supporting the drug trade as well. There have been many instances of the Mexican Army crossing the border and even firing at USBP agents.

There was an incident a year or so ago where several people from the Mexican consulate in San Diego impersonated US Government officials and took a Mexican citizen that was being held for murder out of a San Diego hospital.

These actions constitute an act of war against the United States as far as I'm concerned and our government (and media) does their best to "poo-poo" and sweep this shit under the carpet.

We are going to fall from within, I have very little doubt of that anymore.  We have too many people in positions of power that are going keep sabotaging true Americans that try to stop it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

The problem with this line of thought is that the MEXICAN MILITARY IS INVOLVED with protecting illegals crossing and supporting the drug trade as well. There have been many instances of the Mexican Army crossing the border and even firing at USBP agents.

There was an incident a year or so ago where several people from the Mexican consulate in San Diego impersonated US Government officials and took a Mexican citizen that was being held for murder out of a San Diego hospital.

These actions constitute an act of war against the United States as far as I'm concerned and our government (and media) does their best to "poo-poo" and sweep this shit under the carpet.

We are going to fall from within, I have very little doubt of that anymore.  We have too many people in positions of power that are going keep sabotaging true Americans that try to stop it.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Interestingly, it's issues just like these that our Founding Fathers created the militia for.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe we ought to go down to the border and look for some Mexican soldiers. If they want a war, we can give it to them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hate to say it but I think our law enforcement is more than a match for the Mexican Army.  I suspect their involvement is piece-meal as Coyotes bribe a platoon to provide cover for them sneaking in.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hate to say it but I think our law enforcement is more than a match for the Mexican Army.  I suspect their involvement is piece-meal as Coyotes bribe a platoon to provide cover for them sneaking in.  

GunLvr

Fair enough assesment.

Even so, the Mexican government is ultimately responsible for the actions of its armed forces whether they are "renegade" or not.  If those soldiers found themselves ventilated with some 5.56 or .50 cal when they crossed the border in the process of breaking the law we'd find out pretty quick just how involved Mexico City was, wouldn't we?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Fair enough assesment.

Even so, the Mexican government is ultimately responsible for the actions of its armed forces whether they are "renegade" or not.  If those soldiers found themselves ventilated with some 5.56 or .50 cal when they crossed the border in the process of breaking the law we'd find out pretty quick just how involved Mexico City was, wouldn't we?  

You willing to take point? :D
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]
As the latino minority slowly becomes the majority in this country the political will to stem the tide of illegal immigration from Mexico and Latin America will dwindle in direct proportion.  One must remember what a politician is, a whore to votes and all you need to vote is a drivers licence.  Principles and national security are secondary, maybe even tertiary.  Just another example of criminal short sightedness.

Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Fair enough assesment.

Yet another case for shoot-shovel-shut-up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Hutchinson is the number 2 guy in DHS, directly in charge of border enforcement. When a team of about 12 INS agents started rounding up illegals off street corners, Hutchinson shut them down. He thought they were racially profiling...

Border Patrol is not allowed to do their job and Hutchinson is why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top