Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 6:36:25 AM EDT
I think it would be fun to shoot maybe once or twice.  After that I think it would get old and VERY expensive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Question.  Is it Addictive?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the nice thing about the AR15 series.  Slap a .22 rimfire upper on it and it gets real cheap real fast!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya, it sucks.  

Sucks to see a target and blow 30 rounds into it in a few seconds.  Blaaaaaaaaaaam.  

Sucks to do 3 round bursts and try to keep all 3 bullets on the target.

Sucks to keep reloading the magazines with stripper clips.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Actually, there are some things which suck.

SUCKS to try to find a legal place to shoot the damn thing.

Sucks to have to fill out ATF paperwork to take it across the state line.

Sucks to not be able to keep spare parts on hand if you have a AR15.

Sucks because I've had it almost 1 year and I've only fired it at two shoots.   (see the where to shoot sucks)

Want to talk beltfed soon?  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Um.. Heck YEAH it's fun.  Not terrible accurate, but definately fun. [uzi]  

I thought it was more of a novelty thing though.. not an everyday shooting weapon... partly due to the cost of ammo and also because I prefer to work on accuracy. [pistol]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, it's definately a hoot. I don't even bring my MGs out every time, but when I do I always smile afterwards.

It's always fun to be shooting for 1/2 the day and just as everyone on the range is settled in, pull out the 16 and crank off a mag or two.  That gets a little attention [:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
a 16 is very accurate in full auto with practice. And practice is a whole lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
It's kind of like a boat, swimming pool....

You know what's better than owning one?

Having a good friend that owns one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes. It is fun.

[url]www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/shawnbumpin.mov[/url]

;)

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#11]
It's fun in video games [:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I have only done it once.  It was a Colt 9mm. The best thing about it was that I didn't have anything invested but my time.  It was fun but I have neaver wanted to own one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I've fired several thousand rounds threw a C7/M17 rifle.  It's great fun, to feel the waapon bucking in your hands and knowing that your finger is in control of the whole burst.  Fun yes.  Pratical ummm....no.  Waste of good ammo, and that can be used to improve basic aiming skills that seem to be lacking on the modern battlefield.  I was out on a exercise a few weeks back and got all exicited to fire the C9 LMG. (M249)  200 round box underneith sounds good, but as we were waiting, most of the guys were pawning off all their ammo on me.  I ened up firing about 1500 rounds all by myself.  I guess some people just are not as exicited to fire full auto as i was. wish i had some pictures to show you guys....I looked up from my elcan sight at 3am in the morning to see a glowing red hot barrel. Time for a quick change barrel!! and keep on firing!!  wooohooo!!!

Full auto is really fun at someone else's expence.

Dutchie
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Way-y-y-y-y back in my military days we qualified twice a year with the M-16.  On one trip the range the armory guys brought out a bunch of “ordnance surplus” .223 and after qualifications were over issued the order to, “Load ‘em up boys”!
It was more fun than I can describe!  I personally rid Uncle Sam of over two thousand unwanted bullets that day.  After a while just blasting became boring so we tried for accuracy.  It wasn’t that difficult keeping 5-10 rounds (pre 3-burst era) in a 10” circle at 1000 inches.  I fondly remember that day and would do it again in a heartbeat.  But this time I’m bringing a shovel to police up the brass!
I rent an MP5 at a local range every now and again but the 9mm just isn’t the same.  Gimmme MORE POWER any day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#16]
is sex fun? i would think it would be fun once or twice, and then get old and very expensive.- tee hee, hee! (:-D) how about driving real fast? or eating 16oz. rib steaks?  

all fun has it's price!  brraaapppp! yee-haaa!

the SMELL of nitrocellulose and oil smoke gives me a hard-on.- oops, was that out loud?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#17]
pbrstreetgang - BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

*snort*

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#18]
tanks.

imho- beer, heavy metal, loud engines, poontang, and machineguns- are god's way of telling us he loves us and wants us to be happy!
  with apoligies to ben franklin.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Am I missing something here?
An M16 is the same as an AR15, except it fires in some sort of an automatic mode.

To those of you who say they waste ammo, then put it in semi and shoot it like an AR15. Better yet, learn some self control and learn to one make it shoot one at a time.

To those who say it is not accurate, well, it is no more inaccurate than an AR15, unless you are shooting some clapped out piece of shit.

Now HOW can that be a waste?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I smile every time these videos are run

[url]http://www.gulfcoastarmory.com/mgvids.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Owned a legally registered Thompson SMG for 18 years. I'm still sorry I sold it, even tho I made a hell of a good profit on it.  Fun?  Absolutely!!  Even more than fun, it was a whole new shooting challange.  Learning trigger control, aiming and position differences.  Given the current prices on full auto weapons, don't think I'll ever be able to afford another one, but I sure am glad I had the one I did!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#23]
MP5 there is NO substitute.

I've got a private range 30 mins away so I can shoot without interuption. There is nothing like it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Its so much fun that I spent the extra $500 for my S.O.T. just so I can get some cool samples to play with. I love to shoot machine guns. While in the Army I had the chance to shoot damn near every type of small arms in the inventory. I think the only thing I did not get to shoot was a an M4 but big deal. I got a M4 upper for my own M16 and now I shoot it all I want. The only thing cooler than full auto is live Stinger Missles. I am in an ADA unit in the National Guard and guys jump at the chance to fire a live missle. We don' get them but once a year and not enough to go around so they have competions to see who gets one.
Explosives can be fun too but thats not my area of expertise. I don't want to loose any fingers of worse so I leave that stuff alone.
My .02 worth
Steyr Aug is right about the MP 5 H&K. They are one of the best
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#25]
This is one of those black or white areas.

Either you have no interest or shoot one and go, "Oh well, that was nice."

Or you crave to even just hold one than when you actually shoot one, you are hooked.

Sure it cost money, but so does general shooting. What recreational activity does not cost money. Think about owning a boat. People spend $12,000 for a boat to have it sit in their yard and for those who actually use it probably spend more each time they use it than if you take a full auto to the range, but yet those boater probably don't understand why someone would pay $6,000 for a full auto.

Everyone has their own hobbies and interest and each hobbies and interest cost different amounts of money.

But to answer your question, IMHO, [B][red]HELL YEAH!!![/red][/B] [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Is full auto fun?!?

Its about the most fun a person can have with their pants on.  Seriously; have you ever experienced the thrill of crouching behind a beltfed weapon and lighting up a car with a continuous 250rd belt of 4:1 ball/tracer?  What about clearing rooms in a tactical 'shoot-house' and laying a 2rd burst into the head of a bad guy as he runs past a doorway using a no-shoot as cover?

And those who think its inaccurate
have obviously not shot a lot in full auto.  Now mind you, a machinegun or submachinegun is not going to perform like an HKPSG1 topped with $1000 worth of glass, but for the ranges and use they were designed, they can be pretty damned accurate if the shooter has any skill whatsoever.  Of course trigger control plays a big part.  If you can't control your weapon, not only in accuracy, but in the number of rounds fired in a burst, you're going to waste a lot of ammo and hit targets and no-shoots you shouldn't.  Carlos Hathcock made three kills from well over a mile using a scoped M2 .50 BMG - hows that for accuracy?

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/033/Lb/EY/su/Rs27629.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Full Auto is very fun to shoot. Unless you're active duty military or have lots of excess cash after you fill up your Lincoln Navigator, it's not something you need to do. Me? I had plenty of opportunity to do it 30+ years ago on Uncle, and got it out of my system (well, almost), but if I was to bust my cherry as a civilian today, I would probably go bankrupt with the ammo bills.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been to Norman, OK and they have a small indoor range there that used to rent out machine guns.  Now I know all the guys here have seen enough movies that have featured the HK MP-5 to know how to use it right?  Well this place had an MP-5SD, which is a suppressed MP-5.  I had to rent that puppy and even got a Postal Worker discount (no Postal Jokes!!).  It was a blast.....if I could own one full auto weapon it would have to be that one.  Very controllable full auto and not too loud and cheap and easy to load for and a total blast to shoot.  I highly recommend a full auto rental to anyone who has the chance to do so.  It beats the heck out of dishing out the cash to own one at todays prices!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#31]
YES!  Machine pistols on the other hand, were a bit of a problem for me to hold.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#32]
The majority of ammo I put through mine is in semi auto but I always finish with a couple of mags in full auto. It's a great way to end your day!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I really like it.  It's a real rush.  So far, my list of class 3 shooting experiences consists of: Uzi, Thompson M1, AK-47 and the Sten.  The uzi and Thompson were the best shooters.  The AK-47 had way to much muzzle climb.  The Sten was okay but a bit clunky.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Fun...yes it is.  Just go to Knob Creek and see for yourself.  I went for the first time this year and I am hooked.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I smile every time these videos are run
www.gulfcoastarmory.com/mgvids.html
View Quote

Aw man, what gives? Every link on that site's broken [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]
It's pure fun and best of all ... With Class 3 stuff .. The Bullets fly one way .. no incoming..

Nothin like start'n with a Belt-Fed HK21E (.308); Then with a couple of Beta C's on M16 open bolt Heavy MG setup and HK G36, and then startup with an Aug burping a couple of Mags, then with a few mags through an MP5, MP5SD, a UMP 45, MP5PDK auto-Pistol, an UZI and then pick on a Poly AK with a couple of 40 rnd "rabbit chasing rock'n roll" and follow up with a 7.62*39 upper on an M16.  Then carm down a little with 50 bmg bullpub.. and then enjoy a friends M60, stoner if he feels to let you shoot.. and a 50 BMG Anti-Aircraft -cycling faster than an m2 .. and have fun the good ol' 50's and 60's style...

Darn .. The only bad thing is carrying all that ammo!  ...  Apart from that ..you have to save up a few months for the Ammo to prepare for the shoot.

It's all worth it in the end .. because you can then truely say.. Only in America.. You can do this without having to dodge bullets!

and oh.. The fun is missed after a few weeks and you want to do it all over again!

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#38]
That's like asking if a car with 600 HP is fun to drive!  You have to be a little careful, but if you even have a slight appreciation for guns full auto is great. By a little careful, I mean over and above the extreme care firearms use warrants in the first place. Likewise, you don't just go stabbing the throttle on a 600 HP machine without a little fore-thought. Bad things can happen. Personally, I crave it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#39]
...JUST ABOUT THE DUMBEST QUESTION I HAVE EVER HEARD. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#40]
[img]http://v3.freepichosting.com/Image.aspx?Id=52633&Width=396&Height=386[/img]

Full auto is great, MURHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top