Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/16/2023 12:06:33 PM EDT
Make no mistake, that’s exactly what this is. I don’t care what they call it.

Federal Reserve to launch instant payment service 'FedNow' in July

The Federal Reserve said Wednesday it will launch its long-awaited instant payment service FedNow in July.

The instant payment network will settle payments in seconds, with the capability to support consumer-to-consumer, consumer-to-merchant, merchant-to-merchant, and bank-to-bank transactions.

"With the FedNow Service, the Federal Reserve is creating a leading-edge payments system that is resilient, adaptive, and accessible," said Tom Barkin, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and the FedNow Program's executive sponsor.

"The launch reflects an important milestone in the journey to help financial institutions serve customer needs for instant payments to better support nearly every aspect of our economy."

According to the Fed, a mix of banks of all sizes, including the largest processors and the U.S. Treasury, are on board. The central bank is continuing to speak with financial institutions and service providers to test the program ahead of its implementation.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-reserve-to-launch-instant-payment-service-fednow-in-july-210022218.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90ZXhhZ3MuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKJyD5CVwHH5BMRX4o20bPHtEYzvU7USC4nQx3RDUxrBzsapn0HDDpRCFJ_-rjlEisfnHLM6i6mN-r6pQ8THtRXKwHraeFsuM1vHRLXIaG9Z4FdV7oXdun6ZJO2NEiWmkt53zcDRTix-f0ZB9-S7LJ-Q-bRYPYuh1sdQw9SFp3nu
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I better put my tin foil conspiracy hat back on.

Crashing banks ——> fed now ——> CBDC ——-> total control.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO, anything with "Federal" in it is antithetical to anything with "leading-edge system that is resilient, adaptive, and accessible" in it
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure it'll be incredibly streamlined and very secure.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn’t sound like a cbdc.  Sounds like something developed years ago and just now being implemented.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Mandatory compliance will be mandatory.

AI controlled home mass scale concludes that you have gained an average of three pounds in then last two months.   Your non-vegetable food credit costs will be doubled until your mass is reduced.  

Attempts to purchase diuretics to circumvent this restriction will result in your inability to purchase anything beyond vegetables, recycled water, and a 5 minute charge on your issued EV.

Thank you for your cooperation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Everyone is going to take the mark of the beast, even those here or say they won't.

Very soon you will only have digital fed money and will be happy.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
.........and so it begins.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

AI controlled home mass scale concludes that you have gained an average of three pounds in then last two months.   Your non-vegetable food credit costs will be doubled until your mass is reduced.  

Attempts to purchase diuretics to circumvent this restriction will result in your inability to purchase anything beyond vegetables, recycled water, and a 5 minute charge on your issued EV.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Shouldn't that be "Voluntary compliance will be mandatory"?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a govt monitoring system of ALL bank transactions...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
FedWire uptime already sucks, so what could go wrong if they increase the number of transactions by an order of magnitude?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
The head in sand naysayers will be along, just like in my thread

My thread about the crisis bringing about CBDC
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Gov run payment system, lol, no accountability gov dmv employees except now in charge of finances. Military DFAS style system for errbody.

Gov… we have an easy swipe and pay chip that can be easily inserted into your right hand to pay with !
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FedWire uptime already sucks, so what could go wrong if they increase the number of transactions by an order of magnitude?
View Quote

Whatever it is, it's by design. Fuck these cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]
…Only if there are protections built in to award stakeholders, promote equity and control environmentally irresponsible transactions and purchases.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#15]
How many seconds before it's hacked and lots of people lose lots of money to lots of hackers in lots of different countries?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#16]
No thanks.

Keep the scumbags in DC tf away from my transactions.

Pieces of shit....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
If it's anything like the Treasury website, the lulz will be had...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's no conspiracy.  It's a plan.

Reject CBDC and we break their power over society.

They tried it in Morocco and the people took to the streets.  After two days, the plan was dropped.  They remember the Arab Spring.  The people have the power, not dawt.gub.  After the federal reserve notes litter the streets, we need only flex our muscle by rejecting their CBDC and the central bank comes tunbling down.  BTW, they will make at least three attempts to impose it on us.  When the Reichsmark hyper-inflated, the initial replacement mark (still a currency) didn't work and only when the Germans tied it to mortgages did their new (third one) currency stabalise (so it took the Germans two tries).  We can expect at least three attempts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is probably a .gov powerpoint with those exact slides.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How many seconds before it's hacked and lots of people lose lots of money to lots of hackers in lots of different countries?
View Quote

0.87 seconds after implementation.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
This is exciting, hopefully it bans boomer's paper checks
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

No need for foil, they tell you plainly what they are going to do to you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LMAO, anything with "Federal" in it is antithetical to anything with "leading-edge system that is resilient, adaptive, and accessible" in it
View Quote
Damn. HST's going straight to the trash.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Everyone is going to take the mark of the beast, even those here or say they won't.

Very soon you will only have digital fed money and will be happy.

View Quote

Some will……most wont
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]
No more guns your payment has been denied.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Max Headroom was a documentary, after all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Gotta be honest... At this point banks are unnecessary. All funds could be deposited with the Treasury, earn Treasury short term rates and never fail and the FDIC would be unneeded.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#29]
That's some enormous bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
View Quote
Rahm Emanuel

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Citizen:
It has been noted that you have exceeded your weekly gasoline purchase limit. You have been assessed a carbon tax penalty of $150 due retroactively 5 days ago. As such, penalties of 15% have been added and will continue to accrue until payment is made.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Mandated in 3......2......1......
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#33]
The corrupt political hacks at the FBI will have 100% visibility on ALL transactions from day 1.  This is pure tyranny.

Oh, and they will outlaw cash, crypto and bartering withing 12 months of this new fed digital currency.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Doesn’t sound like a cbdc.  Sounds like something developed years ago and just now being implemented.
View Quote

Nope.
That’s exactly what this is.
It’s a form of currency that will be controlled by the government. Yes, I know the federal reserve technically isn’t a part of the federal government. But it’s controlled by the government.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eventually it will be.
Then they own us.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#36]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Coming soon:  It's "totally voluntary", but it's the only way that tax refunds or SSI will be disbursed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's a govt monitoring system of ALL bank transactions...
View Quote

And eventually control.

No more guns for you. You just bought one last month.

You’ve reached your allocation of red meat this month. Try some fish.

You’re carbon usage is maxed. Your gas usage has been suspended until next month.

We’ve noticed you made some disparaging comments on the federal government online recently. As a result your social credit score has been lowered and you will not be able to purchase those plane tickets to Hawaii or book that hotel room.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#39]
So I imagine this is going to take the place of bankwires?

That would be fantastic....basically zelle on the clearing house level.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is exciting, hopefully it bans boomer's paper checks
View Quote

lol

I write zero personal checks a month but write dozens to suppliers and subcontractors because they have no other form of accepting payment. The few that do want to charge a surcharge on using a credit card. Yeah, let’s blame boomers.

Paper checks are an optional form of payment. When your payment options are limited to and controlled by a CBDC you will sorely miss the days that boomers could write you a check.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its the gift that keeps on giving!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got bad news for you bud... 96.87% of US dollars in circulation are already digital.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I got bad news for you bud... 96.87% of US dollars in circulation are already digital.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I imagine this is going to take the place of bankwires?

That would be fantastic....basically zelle on the clearing house level.
View Quote
Exactly. Fedwire system is fucking trash...and the technology for this has existed for eons.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#46]
How about a system called "InstaBailout". The moment a bank nears insolvency, other banks auto-inject a freshly created bit of digital currency.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Besides the impending hacking issues, some .gov drones will probably forward all transactions over $600 to the IRS for you so you can spend a few months every year defending against being taxed on all that "income."
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#48]
You don't think they want someone behind a counter or desk at a local bank you can blow up on when SHTF.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I just want to know why a private bank has so much control over our monetary system, and policy?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#50]
CBDC will be how Joe Biden bans 'Assault Weapons' and our ability to purchase guns and ammo.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top