Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/2/2023 1:34:52 PM EDT
Lol one of my works locations 800 number is one digit off from a Texas power companies 800 number. To compound the matter the local goverments webpage for a long time had our 800 number listed as the utility company

Anyways I happen to be helping out at that said location. I shit you not its non stop answering the phone

Id say 80% of the call volume is mad texas bros. About half of them will argue with you and insist that they have the right number.

Ive had one lady call me 4 times today. Ive gotten her 3 out of the 4 times. She now thinks Im apart of some big energy conspiracy to quell her outage report

I will say you guys are hella determined to report an outage

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
300,000 in the Austin area.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Start telling them crazy stories like the lizard people caused the outage and they're eating the repairmen you keep sending out
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If there are failures again, I would have lost a bet there, thinking they would have learned from the last time, and prepared accordingly with improvements. I mean, we can give countless billions to Ukraine, why not improve our power infrastructure - assuming cost had anything to do with it? And yeah, I know the difference between state and federal gooberment.
View Quote
We just need more windmills. Think of the children!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If there are failures again, I would have lost a bet there, thinking they would have learned from the last time, and prepared accordingly with improvements. I mean, we can give countless billions to Ukraine, why not improve our power infrastructure - assuming cost had anything to do with it? And yeah, I know the difference between state and federal gooberment.
View Quote

Ice forming on wires and damaging them probably caused the issue, not like the negatives temps we had a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Every damn one of them is a refugee from a liberal state. People that grew up here are no strangers to ice storms in Feb. Also, all of them blame Trump and Abbott for the weather.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Start telling them crazy stories like the lizard people caused the outage and they're eating the repairmen you keep sending out
View Quote

UFO's took down the power system when they drained it for fuel to go back home
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't very long ago I had some Texas folks bragging about their power grid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, just about every tree limb and wire has a good 1\2 inch of ice on it. Several large limbs are down in my neighborhood.

we had the power out for a few hours early this morning. A transformer pole snapped and needed to be replaced. It took them about 4 hours, so not bad at all.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
‘We are under attack by Martians!  They came out of the ground and are eating the power lines.  Turn off everything electrical and hide under the bed.’

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I would tell them that, if they call again, you’re turning their shit off. Permanently!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Missing a golden opportunity….
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Why hasn't your company replaced the number? What a waste of time, not to mention you're paying by the minute for every one of those calls.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It wasn't very long ago I had some Texas folks bragging about their power grid.
View Quote

Has nothing to do with the grid, thanks for playing though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Texas, your grid is failing. Texas is only good at creating narratives around things they didn’t do, like invent chili, a Mexican leftovers dish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a coworker that got daily calls meant for the local auto salvage yard.
He started telling people he had what they wanted at a great price, come get it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

to be fair, the cause of these outages are different than the power stations failing because of the HARD freeze like in '21.  The outages now are because ice is forming on lines and tree branches, and snapping the branches off trees onto the lines, or the lines are just weighed down to the point they break.  

It no where near the scope of the outages in '21.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ice forming on wires and damaging them probably caused the issue, not like the negatives temps we had a couple of years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly....unless you have 100% of your power underground, ice storms are likely to cause outages.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL Texas is a joke of a state. Temps barely dip below freezing and huge swaths of the state come to a standstill.

How many times has this happened in the last few years? This is at least the third or fourth time. Upgrade your shit, jesus.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

UFO's took down the power system when they drained it for fuel to go back home
View Quote
No. That's a cover story. The real story is the batteries on the new bird-drone models are super efficient and drain the wires so fast they gain thousands of times their weight, and that pulls the wires down. Sometimes it causes fires after the drone crashes to the ground.

They are covering up the real story because they don't want more bad publicity about battery fires.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lmao if it were my personal number Id fire off a crazy story to a few people
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with the grid, thanks for playing though.
View Quote
Your welcome.  Nice power grid you have down there btw.  I haven't lost power in years up here in Oklahoma.  We learned to keep our trees trimmed though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Texas, your grid is failing. Texas is only good at creating narratives around things they didn’t do, like invent chili, a Mexican leftovers dish.
View Quote

We're also good at living rent free in non Texans heads.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL Texas is a joke of a state. Temps barely dip below freezing and huge swaths of the state come to a standstill.

How many times has this happened in the last few years? This is at least the third or fourth time. Upgrade your shit, jesus.
View Quote

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/texas-announces-record-budget-surplus-nearly-33b-unprecedented

How much sand and de-icer can you get for $33,000,000,000?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#27]
If Texas ever again elected a Democrat Governor it will be because of the shitty Texas power grid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Seems like its alway Oncor.
We have GCEC and our power very, very rarely goes off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Calling in outages?

We have an app for that and I'm with a po-dunk electric cooperative.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#30]
The Texas of Today ain't the Texas of Yesterday
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]
"rolling blackouts"...   just happens to be rollin' with da winter storm
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Take the "report" and tell them you'll get right on it. No use arguing with a person who is sure they are right no matter how many times they make the same mistake.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If Texas ever again elected a Democrat Governor it will be because of the shitty Texas power grid.
View Quote

Beto ran on exactly that and still lost by 11 points. This has nothing to do with the "grid" by the way.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Calling in outages?

We have an app for that and I'm with a po-dunk electric cooperative.
View Quote

So do we.  People are too stupid to use it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So do we.  People are too stupid to use it.
View Quote

In a shocking turn of events, the same people who can't get a phone number right after trying four different times are also the same people who "don't trust them apps".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#38]
"How big a boy are ya?" - Roy D. Mercer
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, add get your guns loaded.  If you see a lizard person, capture him.  There is a reward for every one taken alive.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#40]
The TX butt hurt is amazing. Especially from posters that have no idea what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

YYYYEESSSSSSSS
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
300,000 in the Austin area.
View Quote

We reject the notion that Austin is part of Texas.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Time to start telling them that power will be restored based on their social credit score.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#44]

This is the view behind the cabin I'm staying at. This is not snow, it is all ice. I am not even attempting to go to town until tomorrow at the earliest.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ice isn't as heavy up north and there's less gravity.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We're also good at living rent free in non Texans heads.
View Quote

That’s California. I grew up there and other states didn’t exist until I moved to Kansas, where everyone talks about Californians.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Texas Power Grid Map

Looks like a swath from Austin to Dallas is out, rest of the state is fine. We haven't lost power here at all (San Antonio area), I wouldn't have known there was an issue had I not seen this thread.

At least this time there are actual outages. Last time you guys did a thread on this there weren't actually any outages.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Take the "report" and tell them you'll get right on it. No use arguing with a person who is sure they are right no matter how many times they make the same mistake.
View Quote

"We're prioritizing repairs to trans and minority customers.  I see your neighborhood is on the schedule in 10 days."
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly....unless you have 100% of your power underground, ice storms are likely to cause outages.
View Quote

Truth. The funny thing about the Texas problems is the damn plants freezing up or not being able to get gas. Someone down there really needs to invest in heat trace.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top