Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/2/2023 1:44:54 AM EDT
So, inspired by yet another of the billion Ukraine threads, I'm really starting to wonder if "Conservatives" are just selfish ?

It seems all the core complaints are around "muh money".

Jobs -

"Conservatives" will complain about the lefts radicalization of schools, administrative government, tech industry and the entertainment industry - however no "Good Conservatives" would ever enter those fields to drive ideological changes.

Schools pay shit, .GOV is for lazy unionists and only soy-boys do tech and entertainment. We need to be skilled trades, small business, farmers and STIM. There is never an ideological motivation behind employment, no desire to take over an industry and use it to change the world around us. It's about getting a good paying job and taking care of yourself.

Political Activism : The left has no problem taking time away from watching Netflix and protesting. Hell, many have no problem taking one for the team and catching a charge for vandalism or rioting. Anti-2A stuff is able to pull in millions in donations but Pro-2A people would rather just "stack deep and hope to get grand fathered".

In fact, that's the whole political outlook -  "Prep" and sit back and wait for things to REALLY get bad and let the "shooting start" - "Gonna crush them Antifa Pussies".

Except... no one did anything. From ranting about masks and vaxs, stolen elections, cities burning.. no one really does anything. Rather just complain about Desantis vs. Trump. Worried about voting fraud - anyone sign up to be a poll worker yet?

The all the main complaints -

Immigration - "muh tax money for welfare, took muh job"
Welfare - "muh tax money"
Ukraine - "muh tax money"
F35 - "muh tax money"
Random Liberal State does something dumb - "ha ha, move to a free state"
Liberals Move to Free State, and ruin it - "nooo muh free state"

The left is beating us and taking over - but nobody has the will to actually donate money, start causes, and get involved to change the ideological landscape. It's just sitting back and whining with a "I got mine, screw  you" mentality. It's always about the money and never about the greater ideological goal.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Conservatives have failed to conserve anything worth keeping.

What do conservatives want to conserve these days anyways?

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
You are not wrong.  The most common excuse for anything is "but I have a job"...implying the left doesn't work.  Yet the left owns and controls social media, news media, all big tech, and all major manufacturing companies.

There was a thread a few weeks back asking if people donated to politicians.  Most people responded by bragging that they never donated a cent and never will.  My sig line falls on deaf ears until it is too late and then they scream "why didn't someone else do something".

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Its not muh tax money. Its muh money is being given to scumbags, criminals, and woke ideologies that do nothing but promote division, and we have homeless and mentally ill people right here, and those trillions we give out would be better spent here, so all our lives are not crappy, so we could maybe hire more law enforcement, so we have decent streets, have programs for the ill and pathetic...

But no, we get to fall apart as a nation, while these scumbags, give it to themselves, and to other countries which get squandered away and so everyone but the politicians get fucked and get nothing but a harder way to go.

That is the problem with muh money.

So OP, you must have voted for biden, you are ignored.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll notice that the "muh money" complaints are not universal though.  There are no real complaints about "muh money" when it comes to the biggest expenditure every year, the US military.  Almost no conservatives were bitching at the 2.3 Trillion dollar covid relief package Trump passed.  Or the 1 Trillion dollar PPP loan forgiveness Trump ran.  Or the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war.  And on and on and on and on.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Conservatives have failed to conserve anything worth keeping.

View Quote

As far as boomers care, they just want to conserve their social security and retirement benefits and don't care about anything else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its not muh tax money. Its muh money is being given to scumbags, criminals, and woke ideologies that do nothing but promote division, and we have homeless and mentally ill people right here, and those trillions we give out would be better spent here, so all our lives are not crappy, so we could maybe hire more law enforcement, so we have decent streets, have programs for the ill and pathetic...

But no, we get to fall apart as a nation, while these scumbags, give it to themselves, and to other countries which get squandered away and so everyone but the politicians get fucked and get nothing but a harder way to go.

That is the problem with muh money.

So OP, you must have voted for biden, you are ignored.
View Quote

And yet, have you done anything to change who is making decisions on how the money is spent?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You'll notice that the "muh money" complaints are not universal though.  There are no real complaints about "muh money" when it comes to the biggest expenditure every year, the US military.  Almost no conservatives were bitching at the 2.3 Trillion dollar covid relief package Trump passed.  Or the 1 Trillion dollar PPP loan forgiveness Trump ran.  Or the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war.  And on and on and on and on.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive actually had the thought for awhile that the moniker conservatives doesn’t really fit the modern Republican Party.
I know a shit ton of people on this forum who claim to be conservatives don’t give one fuck about conservation for instance.
Many would be happy to blast every deer that crosses their fence for five minutes until we were back to the 1930s deer population or worse.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Not necessarily all about money but your overall theory is likely on point.  I think it is more the sit back and wait, hide in my hole, put my head down and prepare ....waiting, preparing for the shoot.

I think a lot of the conservative base has given up ( I don't blame them) and instead of fighting the downfall is waiting to fight afyer the fall. Which is stupid and part of why we loose....plus if you won't fight now, why would you fight later. The left is certainly better at fighting than the right.

I get it.  I have admitted on this board that I regularly hold back.  If I said even a fraction of the things lefties said in public (from a conservative viewpoit) it would negatively affect my business ( and my family) and I don't believe for a second that conservatives would stand out and stand up for me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
No, conservatives aren’t selfish, broadly speaking of course.

For example, I don’t oppose welfare because I’m selfishly worried about having more money to myself.  I oppose welfare because I subscribe to the idea that “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime”.

But someone looking in with no context would say “omg, he is against welfare because he is selfish”.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Absolutely.

I’m only concerned with my country.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The Invisible Hand is motivated by enlightened self-interest.

But this country doesn't recognize the light anymore.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#13]
fiscal social conservatives aren't selfish as a political persuasion
all human beings are selfish, but enlightened self interest cares for the plight of one's fellow man - with conditions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:29:32 AM EDT
[#15]
OP is written like a bot's interpretation of conservative caricatures. It's pretty simple. Think of taxing people only the minimum amount is necessary to ensure the freedom and independence of the people. It's not a question of how selfish the tax payers are, it's a question of does government really need to take this money from the people? On taxes, a conservative should be trying to only take the minimum amount of taxes necessary. It's not government's money in the first place, they should be using it wisely.

ETA: If OP asks me to go the store for him and buy him an apple, should I charge him the cost of the apple and any administrative fees in acquiring the apple, or should I charge him a boatload of money (enough to buy all the apples in the store) and then call him selfish for questioning my fees?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Conservatives suffer from tall poppy syndrome. When anyone rises to take the reigns and lead the group you hear "they're not a real Conservative!" Just like in religion "they're not a real Christian!" The group cannot solidify like the democrats do. The democrats lined up behind a sack of dog shit like biden...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There were (and are) assloads of them, they just don't have popular TV shows.
View Quote

Well if there are assloads of them, they don't see it as big enough of an issue to actually hold the president responsible who pisses away the money, cause they keep voting for them.  If a president I voted for pissed away Trillions of dollars on bullshit, I wouldn't vote for him again.  Like I didn't for Bush the second time.  And like I didn't for Trump the second time.  Yet both received millions and millions MORE votes running for their second terms than the first.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:37:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well if there are assloads of them, they don't see it as big enough of an issue to actually hold the president responsible who pisses away the money, cause they keep voting for them.  If a president I voted for pissed away Trillions of dollars on bullshit, I wouldn't vote for him again.  Like I didn't with Bush the second time.  And like I didn't with Trump the second time.  Yet both received millions and millions MORE votes running for their second terms than the first.
View Quote
Sometimes people vote for the lesser of two evils. 4 years is a long time to most people and most people don't play the long game.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sometimes people vote for the lesser of two evils. 4 years is a long time to most people and most people don't play the long game.
View Quote

People always vote the lesser of two evils.  And it just ends up with the candidates getting shittier and shittier on both sides.  

Compare Bill Clinton to Biden for example, its like jesus we didn't know what we had when we were bitching about him at the time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
wat

You need to get your facts straight. Social spending is the biggest expenditure BY FAR and it's not even fucking close.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP is written like a bot's interpretation of conservative caricatures. It's pretty simple. Think of taxing people only the minimum amount is necessary to ensure the freedom and independence of the people. It's not a question of how selfish the tax payers are, it's a question of does government really need to take this money from the people? On taxes, a conservative should be trying to only take the minimum amount of taxes necessary. It's not government's money in the first place, they should be using it wisely.

ETA: If OP asks me to go the store for him and buy him an apple, should I charge him the cost of the apple and any administrative fees in acquiring the apple, or should I charge him a boatload of money (enough to buy all the apples in the store) and then call him selfish for questioning my fees?
View Quote

You are making my point.

You are mad that Tax money is wasted.

What have you done to control how that tax money is spent? I'm assuming you are under the impression the Political and Administrative Government powers are run by wasteful greedy leftist.  Why is it only the left can get AOC and Bernie in office? Where is the "Conservative" versions?  They all turn out to be statists.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I do agree when it comes to education. We have completely abandoned the field of education to the left and then we complain about what's being taught.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You are making my point.

You are mad that Tax money is wasted.

What have you done to control how that tax money is spent? I'm assuming you are under the impression the Political and Admirative Government powers are run by wasteful greedy leftist.  Why is it only the left can get AOC and Bernie in office? Where is the "Conservative" versions?  They all turn out to be statists.
View Quote
I only point out supporting conservatism doesn't mean you are selfish. It doesn't even have to apply to American politics in the 21st century.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:07:12 AM EDT
[#25]
"leave me alone and keep doing what we've been doing" worked for a long time.  Or at least it worked well enough for some people to get their heads well buried up their asses.

During that time, the left infiltrated the media, education, tech companies, and more.  They pushed for gay rights, shitty energy policy, and socialized healthcare.  They got virtually everything they wanted, enabling a new breed of even more insane woke libtards to creep into every level of government and what's left of industry.

Think about the pervasive control over our society the left had by the time COVID came around.  They made almost everyone in society kowtow to their demands of mask up... even 'vaccinate'.  With zero science.  While claiming anyone who was skeptical is a science denier on par with idiots who don't believe in modern medicine.

Conservatives are selfish.  We spend our lives trying to acquire material wealth while the left is out there doing political shit.  Hopefully when our ability to make money is sufficiently threatened something will actually be done.  I wouldn't count on it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#26]
yes, next question.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol, in Alaska so called conservatives are are the primary drivers behind giving oil tax receipts away to the Free Shit Army.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:26:44 AM EDT
[#28]
While vitality and willpower are important, whenever I see this complaint lodged it sounds like a coach saying
"YOU GOTTA WANT IT"

That works for a team of 50 dudes.

It's pretty clear you can't move the needle on 50 million
people giving the same speech. Even if you can, can you rouse them in a sustained manner? How many years would it take to achieve whatever goals?

Lefties are either dispositionally or systemically more enthusiastic. Given jobs, professorships, book deals, even just the feeling of moral righetousness. Always the underdog, even when they call the shots.

I don't know, but the right is beset by disorganization (for various reasons, intentional or otherwise) and demoralization.

Either you really work to fix the apathetic mob, or you're just calling random people FUCKIN FAIRWEATHEr PuSSIES until you draw your last breath.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, inspired by yet another of the billion Ukraine threads, I'm really starting to wonder if "Conservatives" are just selfish?

It seems all the core complaints are around "muh money".

Jobs -

"Conservatives" will complain about the lefts radicalization of schools, administrative government, tech industry and the entertainment industry - however no "Good Conservatives" would ever enter those fields to drive ideological changes.

Schools pay shit, .GOV is for lazy unionists and only soy-boys do tech and entertainment. We need to be skilled trades, small business, farmers and STIM. There is never an ideological motivation behind employment, no desire to take over an industry and use it to change the world around us. It's about getting a good paying job and taking care of yourself.
View Quote

Not everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Conservatives value self reliance.

Conservatives also value helping those who truly cannot help themselves.

There's so many charlatans and malingerers in the world, we've learned not to trust those who come to us seeking help.

It's not selfishness, we'd like to see you succeed on your own. If you need help to do it, and we're in a position to help, and if we think what you're trying to do is worthy, and we don't feel like it's a scam, then we'll help.  Finally, the help that we offer might not be what you wanted, but it will be what we think you need.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#31]
In theory ,yes, if we voted and got super majority’s in the house and senate things would turn around .

Reality ? How are you going to get ~400 people elected in our current environment ? That’s just not going to happen .

The GOPe is just as much your enemy as the Dems . Look at what they did to Trump

Hell the GOPe is STILL punishing America for voting for trump .

Now you want to add in taking over every single power entity in America as well ?

Lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, yes, yes we fucking did. You know who doesn’t spend as much on their military? Ukraine, look what happens. That is a good spending because THAT is what our government is supposed to do for US, keep us safe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Uh, yes, yes we fucking did. You know who doesn’t spend as much on their military? Ukraine, look what happens. That is a good spending because THAT is what our government is supposed to do for US, keep us safe.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most "conservatives" on this board would charge the boatload of money, and if you disagree, they'll say, "if you don't like it, start your own apple delivery service" and "why do you hate capitalism?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#35]
No. Most Conservatives, TRUE Conservatives, really just want to be left alone. They don't want to get involved or for their government to et them involved in anyone else's bullshit.

Just leave us the fuck alone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I am selfish.  I want peace, security, liberty, and freedom from tyranny.

Is that too much to ask?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, at face value, it's simply not true. Dozens of studies over the past couple of decades have found conservatives are vastly more giving and charitable than liberals.

Involvment is a concern. On one half, many of us do just want to be left the fuck alone. On the other half, we know the current system is so egregiously biased against conservatives, it's not like you can go to a weekend protest, feel good about it and go back to work on Monday. There's a much higher chance you will  be targeted by, harassed, charged, jailed, job loss, bankrupt, etc.

We do have to be smart about it and it doesn't have to be national level involvement. I'm challenging myself to get involved locally over the next couple years. There are thousands of grassroots conservative groups making significant strides in local elections, schools, city councils, and communities all over the country. If you can't see that these local conservatives are sacrificing their time, effort, and money you probably shouldn't be labeling them as selfish. I think too many are just too ignorant to look past the social and mainstream media drivel to see what's going on well below the national level tweets and headline stories.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#38]
No, Liberals are parasites.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Conservatives value self reliance.

Conservatives also value helping those who truly cannot help themselves.

There's so many charlatans and malingerers in the world, we've learned not to trust those who come to us seeking help.

It's not selfishness, we'd like to see you succeed on your own. If you need help to do it, and we're in a position to help, and if we think what you're trying to do is worthy, and we don't feel like it's a scam, then we'll help.  Finally, the help that we offer might not be what you wanted, but it will be what we think you need.

View Quote

This. 100%
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And yet, have you done anything to change who is making decisions on how the money is spent?
View Quote

How? By voting? Informing people and pushing them to vote?

In the day of information like we have anyone can find out whatever that want and can easily get transportation to vote,  if they don't then it's prolly cuz they don't want to. Going around spreading the good word would be like jehovah's witnesses doing their thing.

Or whatever
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#41]
It's something I've been stewing over for a while. Most will agree the difference in American ideology boils down to individual vs collective:

Individualists naturally only come out of their burrows for work. The Bible, and therefore Church was traditionally what kept us mobilized as a group in the goings on of the country both politically and socially. As that corporate Christian identity dissolved we all basically went back to our burrows.

On the flip side, collectivism is the church of the Collectivists. They maintain a corporate identity and will not abandon it even it if drives them into the ground.

In all likely hood the only thing that will restore any sort of universal identity is persecution and or war.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

People hope guns, but eventually they will be behind banning them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Some libtard on FB in a discussion once asked me directly "where is your social responsibility?!?"

I replied:

In my self-reliance. I do not need anything from anyone, I do not need to depend on the government taking things from others to give to me. I earn my own. I am not a burden to society.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I do agree when it comes to education. We have completely abandoned the field of education to the left and then we complain about what's being taught.
View Quote

They've abandoned every institution, yet somehow are surprised when those institutions are used against them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes. Its human nature to be selfish. All people are selfish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]
How dare I act in my own interest!

Said nobody.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Imagine a cluster of homes in the middle of a desert, with a single spring that provides enough water for everyone’s needs. The community has a few liberals, with the rest being conservative and unaffiliated.

The conservatives believe no one person or group should control the well, and that it should simply be available to use at any time by those who need it. The liberals decide they should be allowed to take control of the well, and control who can have water, and when, and how much, because they know better about how much water everyone needs.

When the liberals announce their plans to take over the well, the conservatives politely say they wish they wouldn’t do that because no one should have control of the well. The unaffiliated really have no idea, but the liberals do seem pretty smart and the conservatives haven’t really offered much of an argument.

As the liberals begin putting up fences around the well, the conservatives tell them they wish they wouldn’t do that, but don’t actually try to stop them because control of the well is not something anyone should try to gain.

After liberals take control of the well, the conservatives will sit around, sick from dehydration, complaining about the liberals having control of the well and how badly the liberals have screwed up the community by rationing water that doesn’t need to be rationed. When one of the younger children asks one of the conservative adults why they don’t take control of the well and allow everyone to have more water, the child will be told that taking control of the well would violate their principals, because “no one group should have control of the well - not even us.”

And it’s like this with every single issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#49]
I need to care about "Muh money."

Others need to MYOB about "muh money."

If this makes one of us is selfish, it makes the other a nosy socialist.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#50]
What is a conservative?

I've seen C's love the UA, and others hate it.
I've seen C's vow to never get a jab or wear a mask, others lined up with their pants around their ankles.
I've seen C's talk about 'not one more inch' and others are happy to compromise.
I've seen C's talk about CoC'ing kiddie drag shows, and others turn a blind eye.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top