Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2023 3:43:03 PM EDT
Or at least changed from what you thought they were?

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
All the time.  Part of life, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah me
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell no, they were a PITA Then
and would be a PITA now
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Dated an absolutely breathtaking flight attendant for six years. Saw pics of her a few years later, and she'd put on a hundred pounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah me
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dated an absolutely breathtaking flight attendant for six years. Saw pics of her a few years later, and she'd put on a hundred pounds.
View Quote

Maybe she caught Covid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
A girl that lived down the street from me. Dorky as all hell, bucktoothed, laughed like a horse, a very typical tomboy. We were friends as kids all throughout elementary school up to high school.  Even in high school she was still a dork, on the marching band, and was obsessed with Sci fi and the X Files in particular.

After high school she went off and joined the Army, I didn't hear from her in years. Got a FB friend request from her. Didn't recognize her at all. She didn't just grow into her looks, she morphed into a 10/10 supermodel.

She also became an FBI agent. I guess the X Files obsession never wore off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Everything about my life would be unrecognizable to anyone I went to HS/College with.

Life is a journey.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Ran into a guy I had hung around with in jr high and high school about 15 years after high school.
Asked him what he had been doing.
“Time”

Yeah, he changed
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Creaper thread

Let it go OP
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes I find out they're dead. At least that's the case the older I get.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to college with a very tomboyish girl that nobody paid attention to. She got extremely hot in her 30s, Uber-feminine. I wondered what inspired it. Wasn't divorced or anything like that, she just changed her whole look. Got pretty athletic too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
One of my best buds was always super-fit and the guy I always tried to keep up with. Conservative and good to go.

Met him for lunch and he had packed on 200 lbs. That was during the last Pres cycle and he was posting Yang support.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
More everyday from breathing to stone cold dead, that is a complete change.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
In high school, there was this girl that was anorexic before anybody had even talked about it.  She was just bones with skin wrapped around them and most of the kids just avoided her.  She was kind of gross just to look at but she had this beautiful face with dark hair and dark eyes.  Fast forward to my 30 year reunion and she walked into the room and was the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen.  The room went silent when she entered.  30 years and she had filled out to about 115lbs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes. A friend of mine growing up dresses like a woman and calls himself Ashley.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
A friend of mine was super positive, generous and fun to be around. He broke up with his long time girlfriend, got in with the wrong crowd, started doing drugs and killed himself shortly after his father (who was also a great guy) died.  I don’t ever recalling him having more than a couple beers when we hung out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I avoid doing that ,  death and Alzheimer's .
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Guy I knew from high school who was the valedictorian with an awesome work ethic turned out just the opposite years after.  He was a total failure in life.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah.

He became a she.  Supposedly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe I'm the changed one had a visit with a formerly close high school friend I hadn't seen in decades. He called me later when he was deep in his cups lamenting how much I had changed. I told him 25 years as a cop will do that and I haven't talked to him since.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#23]
6 seasons and a movie
Cobra Kai - Rivalry Resurrected (Part 1)
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't look up people from my past. I don't associate with them for whatever in my head is a valid reason.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope. Not even once. School wasn't real life.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Some for the worse, most for the better.
A friend of my brother was a notorious fuck up through school. People call him Dr. these days. I wouldn't let the motherfucker treat me, but he is an MD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Every time I take a good look in the mirror.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I looked up an ex-girlfriend hoping she had died in a fire or been torn apart by wild animals, but it just turns out now she’s “gender-fluid” and going to school for art.

She always did have a screw loose though. And her art fucking sucks
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep. Close childhood friend growing up together until graduation caught me on Facebook and we occasionally called over a couple months. Setup a day for a cookout at the pool here for both of our families. Got the food and all, even a couple of things from out of state. He cancelled a few days before said he was sick and they went on vacation. He probably He should have changed his settings on Facebook as the vacation photos were posted.

Should have left that in the past.p
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe she caught Covid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#33]
For me it's more finding out things about them that I never knew.  Facebook has illuminated how many of my school friends are religious nutjobs, for example.

I did run into one guy at a store once.  He kept staring at me with a bit of a smirk and that 'c'mon' look on his face, and finally he was like "ARinKCMO, it's me, Frank!"  And it clicked finally.  He was a kid that weighed well north of 400 pounds, and now here he is (This was decades ago, so we were in our mid-20s) 25ish and fit as a fiddle.  Said he got sick of being tired, depressed, and being made fun of, and not getting any attention from the women, so he made a 'small change' about his lifestyle.  "See ya round man!" I stood there just speechless for quite a bit after he left.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah me
View Quote

Yep. Went to a Russian Orthodox seminary and was simultaneously in the seminary's undergraduate program at Iona College, just north of NYC, 1975-1979.

Had graduated from a liberal high school that was part of the local university of the town where I grew up in NE Ohio. When I returned home after my freshman year, my friends, who were all liberal - struck me as naive, a bit arrogant, narrow minded and very provincial. I no longer had much of anything in common with them. Stayed in contact with a few because we had played together in bar bands before I quit (at age 20) to go to seminary/college. From what I can tell, these folks are still brainwashed to vote Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Looking up people from the past doesn't work out well sometimes.

A couple of days ago I decided to look up an old friend and found out he'd died in 2018.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Creaper thread

Let it go OP
View Quote

She didn't love him anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't look up people from my past. I don't associate with them for whatever in my head is a valid reason.
View Quote

Yep.  Don't know, don't wanna know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Creaper thread

Let it go OP
View Quote
Actually, what inspired the thread is I had a Physics professor that seemed very smart and ambitious.  Heard he got fired.  Looked him up and now he's a hippie living in the PNW without a job.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#39]
My best friend growing up - we grew up rural area  - he went to college for education, became a teacher and moved to a larger metro city - COMPLETE Libtard now  He fell hardcore into the higher education indoctrination.

Other than that, just all the hot chicks in High School that were always too good for you, and were part of the cool kids clique... now most all of them are fat single moms
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I am that guy for a lot of people.

Drug addiction. At least one fight per month. Just a dumb asshole that did a lot of wrong. All in high school and got sent to an alternative learning school my senior year. Just barely graduated.

I got it all out of my system early though. Had some pretty bad things happen to me that shook me to my core and drastically reshaped who I am. Most people from high school I run into are skeptical or surprised how I turned out. Hell I am too.

As a minor I was riding around with an illegitimate Colt 1903 on my lap. I started pulling my act together after I graduated and registered here two years after getting out of high school. ArfCom played a big part in me developing as a responsible gun owner and that played a big part in me becoming a better person.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey East west

Gotta be St Vladimir’s

Lived in eastchester
Drove by there a million times but never went in

Remember the egg roll lady at the north ave bars

Good times

Oh btw.    Great fucking album.   A fave

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Maybe she caught Covid.
View Quote

Vaccine probably gave her Graves and the doctors had to nuke her thyroid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#43]
One of my best friends from high school is currently in prison for soliciting nude photos from a 10-year-old boy online.

Running across that article was a bit of a surprise…
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Freshman year at college I was on a dorm floor with five rooms and ten guys. We all stayed friends or acquaintances till we graduated. One of the guys was very nice but super nerdy. I can't remember him ever talking about dating, sex, women etc. Super clean cut, in shape, good student, smart, no drugs, didn't drink etc. I thought he was super religious and that's why he was like that.

I looked him up a few years ago. He's got at least a masters and maybe a doctorate and he's working for a huge computer company. He's a cross dresser and I think I he's transitioning. Looks like he's got boobs. I'm not sure the sex of the people he dates. I really hope he's happy in life. Looking back I guess he didn't feel he could be himself.

Another guy I went to college with was a huge actor. I swore he was gay. He was in every play at college. He graduated, got a masters, and worked for a large Fortune 500 company.

After my mind was blown with the previous guy I looked up this guy. He quit his big corporate gig, moved to another state, and became a minister. He probably gained fifty pounds, got married, and had kids.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#45]
My best buddy from 13-22 years old was basically a junkie.  I saw his linkedin page recently and hes a successful chemist and has a kid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah me

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Guy I knew from high school who was the valedictorian with an awesome work ethic turned out just the opposite years after.  He was a total failure in life.  Go figure.
View Quote

Opposite for me.  There was a guy I went to high school with, he was a really nice guy and everything but always in trouble, didn't give a single fuck about school or grades or anything.  He's a fairly successful attorney now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#48]
It's always interesting when someone stops evolving/ progressing in high school. You see them many years later and they are stuck in a time warp. Its like the Springsteen song, Glory Days.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's always interesting when someone stops evolving/ progressing in high school. You see them many years later and they are stuck in a time warp. Its like the Springsteen song, Glory Days.
View Quote
I've seen a lot of boomers get way too excited to do a beer run like they never grew out of being a freshman in college.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I went to my 10-year HS reunion. After that experience I didn't attend any more.

It was pretty depressing, 90% of the people I thought would go somewhere were basically failures.
90% of the people I thought would fail, failed far worse than I could imagine.

As noted above, most of the hot women became overweight single moms.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top