Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/1/2022 12:29:39 PM EDT
I value my reputation, and my membership, I do my best to uphold my end of deals, very upfront as to conditions, take pics of dings, scratches, etc, to make sure there are no mistakes / misunderstandings, and willing to resolve issues if at all possible. Iv bought probably 100 items off here in my time here since approx 2006, and lurked with no account for years earlier.  I generally only buy expensive items from guys with really good feed back, and decent length of membership, while totally avoiding brand new members , with zero feedback, selling high dollar shit.

Iv, bought guns, sold guns, sold ammo,  bought ammo, bought and sold knives, traded guns, bought gear, parts, ham radios, helmets, armor, nvg items, hand Made SIL nylon camping tarps, and more,  bought mostly via EE ads, but occasionally items that simply popped up in threads, Iv shipped , drove hours to meet in person, and met some great dudes.

Only been totally ripped off once.

I paid zack3g,  what’s his face , the guy from the Philippines ? Iirc, etc, with the SUPER artistic girlfriend  who made those amazing sketches, to sketch me a book cover, paid $300.00, and waited, eventually he quit responding, so fuck me I guess. This was around the time there was a volcano erupting, and his / their life was a little disrupted, but that was easily 2 years ago, maybe even 3 - 3-5 years.

Losing $300 like that stung, big time, but maybe they really needed it, maybe I helped him biggly, they broke up or something.  Still out a book cover drawing though, Sigh.

Anyway,  what’s been your experience here ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Im real life friends with a few members and I feel ripped off when they send me pics of their new guns without feet in them.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and they got banned for it.
Selling fake stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing but good to say about the EE and those who I do gun work for.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No, never bought or sold anything on EE.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never had a problem. Except the fuckers don't leave feedback..

I'll draw a dick pic for free if you want a nice book cover?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never had a problem. Except the fuckers don't leave feedback..

I'll draw a dick pic for free if you want a nice book cover?
View Quote

I’m pretty easy to please generally, but I’ll have to demand slightly better to use as a book cover.

My original request, was a castle on a hill, with a Sherman tank , and a hot female elf blasting orcs and a fire breathing dragon with the 50 cal. Nothing crazy, I even sent examples / pics of tanks/ orcs / dragons / hot female elf warriors to use as a idea.

I haven’t done much to my book in a long time, the dudes in fiction hate me I’m sure, as I keep saying soon, but soon has been elusive prey for a while now. Sorry guys.

I generally only write January-March when I’m stuck inside and nothing else to do, which should be the case next month. The rest of the year I think of plots and story ideas. Maybe I’ll crank out another 100,000 words of story for them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve learned to not sell Surefire or Aimpoint to Chinese buyers after a couple weird EE scams. The hard part is identifying them early.

Selling to long time members with positive feedback is the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
In 2004 made a trade with bud_burma and then he ghosted me - I was out around $300 IIRC when all was said and done.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I got slightly screwed on another site buying a used tac sport. Guy obfuscated a damaged area with grease and said in the posting, "that's just grease."  

but the gun shoots well, so i go that going for me.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember zach posting at the beginning of covid and then I swear he completely disappeared
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, the only negative feedback on my ARF.com account.

Was responding to a really nice Mosin Nagant post here that was local to my area. When we talked further, I knew something didn't sound right. It ended up being a beat up Nagant that was in parts.

He filed a negative feedback on my account as a nonpaying person.

I was pissed, explained to the mods and they left my feedback with the negative feedback. Coincidentally,  month later the seller try to sell the same beat up parts and actually met up with the new buyer who left him a negative review for the crap he was trying to pass off as nice.

His feedback stuck and the seller was banned from ARF.com.

I then notified ARF.com staff about that and asked if my negative can be removed, I was still told no.

All these years and it still irks me that they won't remove it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
No, had some issues from time to time with shipping both myself and sellers, but hey sometimes life happens no big deal. I did get a email not to long ago from a buyer accusing me of “getting” him apparently a brand new Colt upper I sold was out of spec.  I had bought a few for builds from Brownells and over bought so I sold a couple extras. That was months ago I honestly can’t remember. I did finely email him back simply stating I had bought those new like the ad said, from Brownells and had never done anything with them. They were brand new and had not been handled older alone test fitted, it’s one of those things you assume is good to go. Like I said he contacts me months later and expects what? I don’t even know if it’s the same upper at this point, and it sure as hell isn’t my fault. I guess I’ve just been lucky so far with my purchases? I will say if I’m contacted upon receipt and review I will make it right, months later when I can’t even be positive it’s the same part.  Nope.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In 2004 made a trade with bud_burma ([email protected]) and then he ghosted me - I was out around $300 IIRC when all was said and done.

View Quote

Really unusual, Bud was good people.  I heard he got sick or something.  Dealt with him many times.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
As a seller:

Had one guy be a Karen before Karens were a thing.

"These Pmags lightly scratched eachother in transit!"

Lol I tried to keep them separate. Iirc I also gave him something as a freebie.

Please dont use a double mag pouch ever. I tried to make it right but jesus christ he got a steal to begin with.

Funny enough 000 steel wool makes them look good as new.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yep, the only negative feedback on my ARF.com account.

Was responding to a really nice Mosin Nagant post here that was local to my area. When we talked further, I knew something didn't sound right. It ended up being a beat up Nagant that was in parts.

He filed a negative feedback on my account as a nonpaying person.

I was pissed, explained to the mods and they left my feedback with the negative feedback. Coincidentally,  month later the seller try to sell the same beat up parts and actually met up with the new buyer who left him a negative review for the crap he was trying to pass off as nice.

His feedback stuck and the seller was banned from ARF.com.

I then notified ARF.com staff about that and asked if my negative can be removed, I was still told no.

All these years and it still irks me that they won't remove it.
View Quote

Same here, I have a negative feedback from so many years ago, for slow shipping. I emailed the guy about a family emergency that had come up and I could t ship until I returned but I did offer him a full refund. It was for some TAP 556 and he replied he wanted it and would wait. Well I shipped and he posted a negative for shipping. Thankfully he did his negative before I left as I returned the favor and simply stated buyer lied about shipping. MODs said both would negatives would stay, even though quite a few members posted in the thread for me and others posting about how sometimes life happens. I was pissed as well and I posted the email exchange.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Can't think of any. And in fact, most of the people I call a friend in my real life, are people I've met through this site. So kinda the reverse of that x10
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd say that 99% of my EE deals have been awesome. It's the preferred way to sell
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#18]
No but I was a bit nervous on the last one because of the amount.
I did have one guy wanting me to send him more because the PayPal fee was more than he calculated.
It was literally less than a dollar because when I sent the money plus 3%, PayPal then charged him 3% of that total.
I can’t remember the exact amounts now or even what the item was but say it was $100 and he wanted the 3% fee so I sent $103 which PayPal then charged 3% on that making the fee 3.09.
Dead serious,dude was like you shorted me you need to send me more. I was like what the fuck? If I send you a dime and they charge you a penny are you going to say I shorted you again? Fuck that let’s take it to the mods. He sent the fucking item.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I was sent internet dick pics instead of a personalized set
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I value my reputation, and my membership, I do my best to uphold my end of deals, very upfront as to conditions, take pics of dings, scratches, etc, to make sure there are no mistakes / misunderstandings, and willing to resolve issues if at all possible. Iv bought probably 100 items off here in my time here since approx 2006, and lurked with no account for years earlier.  I generally only buy expensive items from guys with really good feed back, and decent length of membership, while totally avoiding brand new members , with zero feedback, selling high dollar shit.

Iv, bought guns, sold guns, sold ammo,  bought ammo, bought and sold knives, traded guns, bought gear, parts, ham radios, helmets, armor, nvg items, hand Made SIL nylon camping tarps, and more,  bought mostly via EE ads, but occasionally items that simply popped up in threads, Iv shipped , drove hours to meet in person, and met some great dudes.

I paid zack3g,  what’s his face , the guy from the Philippines ? Iirc, etc, with the SUPER artistic girlfriend  who made those amazing sketches, to sketch me a book cover, paid $300.00, and waited, eventually he quit responding, so fuck me I guess. This was around the time there was a volcano erupting, and his / their life was a little disrupted, but that was easily 2 years ago, maybe even 3 - 3-5 years.

Losing $300 like that stung, big time, but maybe they really needed it, maybe I helped him biggly, they broke up or something.  Still out a book cover drawing though, Sigh.

View Quote
     Yeah he got me for $600 . Im’d back and forth but he quit responding . Seemed like a good guy but who knows .
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Same here, I have a negative feedback from so many years ago, for slow shipping. I emailed the guy about a family emergency that had come up and I could t ship until I returned but I did offer him a full refund. It was for some TAP 556 and he replied he wanted it and would wait. Well I shipped and he posted a negative for shipping. Thankfully he did his negative before I left as I returned the favor and simply stated buyer lied about shipping. MODs said both would negatives would stay, even though quite a few members posted in the thread for me and others posting about how sometimes life happens. I was pissed as well and I posted the email exchange.
View Quote

This is the sort of thing that makes me very cautious about buying or selling in the EE.  As capricious as bannings seem (at one time I had 3 friends banned near simultaneously), the appeal process for negative feedback seems worse.  It also makes me reticent to pay the cash as a small dealer.

Years ago, I bought 2 ban era HBs off the EE, and both post-ban home threading jobs were canted.  The 5.56 bbl lives on w/ a KAK flash can on a rifle I built for one of my groomsmen.

I really like ARFCOM, I met my wife here, but transparency is lacking and I think it's gotten worse since Edward died.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  I was sent internet dick pics instead of a personalized set
View Quote

Shoot me an IM.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes was quite awhile ago. Maybe about ten years ago.

Some rare ak mags that were not actually what was advertised.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
In 2006 I sent 3 boxes of Winchester premium 7mm STW to a guy and he was supposed to send me a couple blue boxes of black hills .223. I mailed the ammo via USPS and the guy lectured me on how I wasn’t supposed to do that and how if he would have seen my negative feedback he would never have done business with me. He then never sent me the ammo he was supposed to send me. Don’t remember his name but he was a chief engineer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As a seller:

Had one guy be a Karen before Karens were a thing.

"These Pmags lightly scratched eachother in transit!"

Lol I tried to keep them separate. Iirc I also gave him something as a freebie.

Please dont use a double mag pouch ever. I tried to make it right but jesus christ he got a steal to begin with.

Funny enough 000 steel wool makes them look good as new.
View Quote

I hate nit pickers, and people who are super, super picky about every little bitty thing to OCD extremes. ( I’m sure it’s trades peoples worst nightmare )

Sure, if your buying a “ new “ unfired gun in box, I can see expecting it to be perfect, but that’s often difficult even coming directly from a manufacturer these days, much less a gun someone’s owned for months, years, etc.

Buying a used gun, wear is expected to some extent. Slide marks on the barrel finish for example, perfectly normal, Same for mags. I don’t give a shit if a mag is scratched, or skuffed.  Heavily rusted ? Fuck no, but scratched followers, a scratched body, common.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
     Yeah he got me for $600 . Im’d back and forth but he quit responding . Seemed like a good guy but who knows .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well fuck.

For artwork ?  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Years ago, when I was a wee arfcommer, I had two sales go down at the same time.  Sold a Galco shoulder holster and a dozen 31rd Glock mags.   Shipped with no tracking #.  The guy who bought the mags said he never received them and I returned his money.  1). He realized I shipped without tracking and scammed me or 2) I mistakenly shipped both packages to holster guy who kept mum about the mags.  Oh well, live and learn.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Only two times has the EE ever bit me. First time, I bought a terrific Ar30 from an AZ guy, scottmilk, or something like that. He had disassembled it enough to "fit" in a smaller box, presumably to save himself the trouble of finding a rifle sized box. It arrived with plenty of bits of the coating scratched off, as there was no padding or dunnage in the box. Just loose parts. The FFL hollered at me to come see it before he opened it. Evidently, the trigger had poked out and been broken off. Yup, it was gone. Scott danced me around for nearly a year with promises of this and that, before ghosting me. I moved, temporarily, to AZ and got hammered by the AZHTF as being a crybaby, liar, wimp, whatever. Stared at that gun for two years before finally discovering it had a readily available  Remington M700 trigger! Despite its history, it was a favorite for many years.
Second EE foul was a miscommunication between myself and a seller. I genuinely believed he changed his ad during our comms. I could have been mistaken, but he got all defensive and such before we could resolve it. I have yet to figure out how we were able to leave negative (or, any!) feedback for each other as I never bought it from him and he never sold it to me. That's where my 99% originated.
EE used to be a fun place, but I rarely go there anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm too afraid to get negative feedback so I don't buy or sell on the EE.  My one positive feedback is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Shoot me an IM.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I was sent internet dick pics instead of a personalized set

Shoot me an IM.  

IM sent
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I think in the years I've been here I've only left negative feedback for 2 people who welched on a buy from me.

This is why I tell people in my ads to send money orders via certified mail so I know when it is expected to show up and they know when the payment arrives and has been signed for.

One seller took 3 weeks to send my goods to me and he finally admitted that he had someone else do the work for him.  I left neutral feedback for that purchase.

It isn't difficult.  There are shipping companies and USPS post office branches everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Only been screwed over by a Moderator.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Had to start 1 negative Feedback thread on a flaky buyer who ended up getting banned from the EE.  All my other transactions have been good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Fortunately no. I was sweating bullets when I sent payment for a $5500 thermal but it ended up being fine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve never bought or sold here, but I have on the Hide and other sites and never had an issue.  My hang up these days is everyone wants Venmo, PayPal, etc and I don’t use any of those services.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Been using the EE for 15 years now, I don't remember too many issues.

Bought a P7 a long time ago that I thought had issues, but turned out it just desperately needed cleaned. When you pulled the slide back it would stick in the rearward position. A smack from behind would usually let it ride forward. Also had some rust. I think the guy apologized and sent me a partial refund to account for the condition. I cleaned off the rust and got it working well, but then sold it. Now I wish I'd have kept it.

Another time I bought a CZ 527, that while described as being in great condition, the pictures failed to show very significant finish wear and dings. The price was very low though. I actually don't remember now how I handled that. I no longer have the rifle though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Mostly good experiences. In fact most if not all of the negatives were on FTF transactions - got completely ghosted by a guy once, and another the guy overslept and asked that I stick around a few minutes while he got up. Wound up sticking around over an hour, barely got a thanks. That one's on me, because I should have just left after 15 mins.

One of my bigger gripes is that I actually should have higher positive feedback but some people don't give feedback even though I bend over backwards to pack well and ship quickly. Not a huge deal, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Not really, but years ago I had someone welch on me after he said an item on EE was mine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well fuck.

For artwork ?  
View Quote

Pretty sure he got a couple liters as well. He was a lifer himself.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#41]
bought a hammer from a mod once,he told me it was an original ban hammer,turned out it was just a regular hammer.
live and learn
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Got screwed by my email address. Had a 2009 account with 35 good feedbacks but lost it all due to having Hotmail as my email address

Now I’m a 21er.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]
8 years ago I bought a Vortex PST used and left the seller positive feedback before I had a chance to use it. Turns out the tube was crushed but being a Vortex they sent me a new one. I don’t buy used optics anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#45]
-so far, so good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well fuck.

For artwork ?  

Is he banned?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#47]
No, but I got lucky once.

I was in the middle of a deal with a guy who was banned due to another deal.  In haste, I had mailed him a money order without any information attached.  I was going to IM him after the fact to give him my shipping address.  The only way I had to contact him was through IM (which he was now banned from).  A mod provided me with his e-mail address, and the deal went through fine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Is he banned?
View Quote

No clue on that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Not directly. A friend pointed me out a deal for some Peltor Comtac Vs and asked if I was interested. He bought one for himself and one on my behalf.

Seller did not disclose that these were the Defender version, which is not comms ready. The base model V is supposed to be comms equipped, but no mention of these being Defenders was anywhere in the ad.

In all fairness I should have asked my buddy to verify that beforehand, I chalked it up to not exercising sufficient precaution at the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top