[#6]
What? Tagging this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Is Hunter out of business?  Will the Big Guy still get 10%?  Will Fauci still get paid?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Definitely possible.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Hours slow on the info there bud...

3 people have already been executed and this is a dupe thread

I don't know how the kids post the twitters to here
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe Hunter will be the new Chairman.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't really have a solution to this, and I'm not suggesting one, but if I might opine for a moment:

1. Those "news" sources. Really? Really?
2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

Anyway - back to your thread.
View Quote

Yes, Citizen Free Press is a news source, one of the best. Presently I am at the farm and cannot be in China to report.
Gordon Chang is one of the most knowledgeable people about China
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Do commies even do house arrest?

If there really is a leadership change they will want to make Xi retire and become a good commie in the traditional fashion
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:25:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, Citizen Free Press is a news source, one of the best. Presently I am at the farm and cannot be in China to report.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't really have a solution to this, and I'm not suggesting one, but if I might opine for a moment:

2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

y tho
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hours slow on the info there bud...

3 people have already been executed and this is a dupe thread

I don't know how the kids post the twitters to here
View Quote

from his link:

"The main originator of the #China coup rumor is now saying that the rumor is not true.

Now she adds that 3 senior anti-Xi officials were sentenced to death. We'll have to see if there are reliable sources that can validate those statements, but don't hold your breath."
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree, on this one.
View Quote

God bless America
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What? Tagging this.
View Quote

Hu?
Wen?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. How 'bout you? Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

View Quote

Could not agree more.

The constant posting of inane, pop culture crappy sensationalist headlines, or completely unvetted "news" from sources known to be horrible , has degraded the forum.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#22]
If true and someone more hardline than Xi is in charge, expect shit to hit the fan, and soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. How 'bout you? Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

from his link:

"The main originator of the #China coup rumor is now saying that the rumor is not true.

Now she adds that 3 senior anti-Xi officials were sentenced to death. We'll have to see if there are reliable sources that can validate those statements, but don't hold your breath."
View Quote

OP needs to update his doom thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#26]
lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

from his link:

I think if it is not true then China will become even more unstable, Mao Zedong revisited, the covid lockdowns have been brutal
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Pooh Thread!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not upset over the quality of the linked content (well...maybe I am a little), quite as much as I'm miffed over the fact that we've basically become the angry comment section for somebody else's content.

I don't know how to fix it (it's not an arfcom-specific thing - it's kind of a cultural bug), but it depresses me a little.

I just took a look at my Facebook feed. A good 75% of it, is people hitting the "share" button, or just copy/pasting a link to something they didn't create. Followed by angry comments, usually. This isn't unique to Arfcom. But I'm still bummed about it.
View Quote

Why are you on FB?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's sort of depressing.

View Quote

I don’t think we have any members in the inner circle of the Chinese power structure, and the MSM is worthless, so,  .      We’re kinda stuck with “internet experts” and have to decide for ourselves if the content is worthwhile.   Often it is, but the signal to noise ratio is almost unbearable.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd say a coup, or ww3 is days away, he could be cleaning house of anyone not 100% complaint. Its not a good time for this to happen, troop build-up could be to protect from attacks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's sort of depressing.

View Quote

Yep. You are right.

And you left out the myriad "Dupety, dupety, dupe, dupe" comments---even though the ARF search function sucks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If true and someone more hardline than Xi is in charge, expect shit to hit the fan, and soon.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#38]
More details. Not sure about the source...

ETA It's an Indian news agency, and has some very speculative articles...
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don’t think we have any members in the inner circle of the Chinese power structure, and the MSM is worthless, so,  .      We’re kinda stuck with “internet experts” and have to decide for ourselves if the content is worthwhile.   Often it is, but the signal to noise ratio is almost unbearable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's sort of depressing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#40]
We need a china forum………
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We need a china forum………
View Quote

We have one right here
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Sources indicate Sum Ting Wong approached Ho Le Fuk
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I’m not vouching for either of these sources.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#44]
In! Standing by
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#45]
If true, it probably means war soon…. As hard as it is to imagine the Pooh being a relative moderate. I know nationalists weren’t happy about our delegations to Taiwan making him look like a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Xi is a funny way to spell Putin
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Those Xidenese always keep things exciting!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#49]
So what does this mean, is it a good or bad thing......?  I mean, he is bad and so is the military...there both commies...
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Let's say some of this is true. Xi is under house arrest.

Is this coup for the better or worse? IE  is a more evil person stepping up?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top