Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Future son-in-laws (probably soon to be ex) boss…
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
A little thin on information but it doesn't sound like it was full of racist imagery to me. Might have been a violation of their department policy as they were presumably on duty and there were heavy political overtones but, this really reads like the guy was maybe butt hurt that they weren't memorializing Juneteenth, which is certainly their right. People seem to think they have the right to not be exposed to things they might find offensive.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
This is another one of those cases where they thought the black guy was one of their buddies, treated him like a normal human being,  no special dancing around the issues that are controversial just to make sure his feelings don't get hurt.

So then he used the opportunity for his own welfare and eventually probably a lawsuit where he will have financial gain.

It's real shame people of  other colors are intentionally segregating themselves but that's really what's happening..

Perhaps the lesson here is stick to your own.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
why threaten to sue the captain, anyways? was he the dentist's party planner/decorator? still a lame reason to get butthurt
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is another one of those cases where they thought the black guy was one of their buddies, treated him like a normal human being,  no special dancing around the issues that are controversial just to make sure his feelings don't get hurt.

So then he used the opportunity for his own welfare and eventually probably a lawsuit where he will have financial gain.

It's real shame people of  other colors are intentionally segregating themselves but that's really what's happening..

View Quote
Well said. I see people have conversations in front of protected classes all the time. Ive been around emergency services for 20 years. Everyone eventually gets burned. Including myself. I worked with a "man" I had no idea had been a woman in the past. He made sexist jokes to fit in. I knew something was slightly off and just kept quiet. Another coworker went on a 20 minute tranny rant to the actual tranny on a different day. Did not end well .
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you do that you'll get accused of bigotry and racism as well.....it was done right here in GD a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
NY black fire fighter '

I fucking bet he never even heard of the holiday until it was mentioned by Trump.

No one fucking had unless you lived in Texas

stupid  national holiday
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Two things:

1. Don't have casually racist parties.

2. If you are going to have casually racists parties, keep that shit to yourself in your basement.

Edit: party sounds more lighthearted, but leave the racial shit out of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I can see the dude not being happy about the Juneteenth flag in a bucket of chicken.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A little thin on information but it doesn't sound like it was full of racist imagery to me.
View Quote
A Juneteenth flag in a bucket of chicken?

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Two things:

2. If you are going to have casually racists parties, keep that shit to yourself in your basement.

View Quote

Making fun of a made up holiday for 49 states in the union isn’t racist.

But keep on thinking anything involving anyone darker than a sheet of copy paper is racist. Eventually self imposed apartheid will be a real thing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2022/08/black-firefighter-in-upstate-ny-says-captain-took-group-to-racist-party-mocking-juneteenth.html

Rochester
Firefighter Captain encourages firefighters to go to party at some dentist's house that apparently had a theme making fun of Juneteenth. Firefighter says there was a Donald Trump cut out, pictures of Democratic politicians stuck on stakes, a sexy dancer who impersonated a Democratic official and a display making fun of Juneteenth, including "Juneteenth flags" (whatever those are) in a bucket of chicken wings,

Firefighter asked to no longer work under captain. He was refused and filed a notice of claim, a precursor to suing.

I hope to God he has photos of this lol.
View Quote

Holy shit!  Who does this?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Just goes to show you can’t do anything nice for some folks.

ETA: I guess “Democrat” is just a color…
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Anti-dentite bastard.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Jones will seek at least $3 million for emotional distress and at least $1 million in compensatory damages. Jones is currently on leave and fears retaliation, his attorney, Nate McMurray, said Thursday
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Juneteenth flags in a bucket of chicken.  jesus christ.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Got to know your audience. I learned that back in supervisor training school in the early nineties. Many a good people got fired for sexist jokes in front of ugly women who didn't appreciate the beauty of the pretty one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Fkn shite!  If there was ever a flag begging to made fun of!
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#23]
The Juneteenth festival just South of where I live didn't go well. Someone got deaded.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I don’t know why New York doesn’t properly celebrate the reading of the emancipation proclamation in Texas more seriously.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But keep on thinking anything involving anyone darker than a sheet of copy paper is racist. Eventually self imposed apartheid will be a real thing.
View Quote

…in a bucket of chicken.

Jesus Christ dude, you can’t be that obtuse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to a Halloween party once where this guy had a haunted house display in his back yard. He had a pet cemetery where the animals were coming out of their graves. I looked closer and it turned out they were real. He collected road kill for his display. He also dressed up as Christopher Reeve after his horse accident. (This was a few weeks after it happened.)

It wasn't in Rochester though it was in Fishkill.

I had fun. This guy had a righteously sick sense of humor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I truly don’t understand why everyone here is so opposed to celebrating the end of slavery.

As far as being “made up”, it’s a lot less made up than Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#29]
It should be made fun of .Wtf kinda fake holiday .

Some people will never be satisfied .

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Smell the glove
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Parties with themes making fun of minority holidays (no matter how made up you think they are) are a REALLY bad idea in 2022.

I mean duh.

Making fun of the other sides politicians, sure. But by all means avoid any racial stereotypes.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Big tough fire fighter gets butt hurt over somebody's tasteless joke. Whaaaaa

Just like big tough street thugs get butt hurt over someone calling them a name. "Oh, that's such a hurtful word."  Whatever.

F Off ya wankers. Grow a set and a backbone while you're at it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Forcing fireman to go to a party while on duty, flag in a bucket of chicken, mocking a holiday (whether folks agree with it or not) all bad ideas.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well said. I see people have conversations in front of protected classes all the time. Ive been around emergency services for 20 years. Everyone eventually gets burned. Including myself. I worked with a "man" I had no idea had been a woman in the past. He made sexist jokes to fit in. I knew something was slightly off and just kept quiet. Another coworker went on a 20 minute tranny rant to the actual tranny on a different day. Did not end well .
View Quote
Saw it happen at work one time. Bunch of us sitting outside in the smoking area new guy starts telling racist jokes and throwing out the nword.
He failed to realize the the guy sitting there with us wearing the  "West Virginia Hillbilly"  hat was married to black woman. Didn't end well for the new guy  
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two things:

Pro-tip; if a group decides to identify with something, getting a bunch of people together to gang up making fun of it, in front of a member of that group, isn't a great idea.   If that someone has been taught since childhood (over and over again) that all of their problems are the result of such; it's even less of a great idea.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2022/08/black-firefighter-in-upstate-ny-says-captain-took-group-to-racist-party-mocking-juneteenth.html

Rochester
Firefighter Captain encourages firefighters to go to party at some dentist's house that apparently had a theme making fun of Juneteenth. Firefighter says there was a Donald Trump cut out, pictures of Democratic politicians stuck on stakes, a sexy dancer who impersonated a Democratic official and a display making fun of Juneteenth, including "Juneteenth flags" (whatever those are) in a bucket of chicken wings,

Firefighter asked to no longer work under captain. He was refused and filed a notice of claim, a precursor to suing.

I hope to God he has photos of this lol.
View Quote

Ya know, dude could’ve just said “No thanks chief, not my type of scene” and been done with it. Instead, he went, on his own accord. He could have left at any time but apparently decided to stay.

Sounds like that shits on him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#40]
That party was badass.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

All holidays are made up.  
Also,  placing and American flag in a bucket of (insert offensive) and people here would flip out.   Symbols get people very upset and emotional.  

Is it cool to disrespect or burn the American flag? How about a Christian cross?   Food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bucket of chicken story is what's going to sink everyone involved.
View Quote

Pretty lame spread for Juneteenth.  Yanks should stick to clam bakes and fish fries.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Yikes....

I don't see $3m worth of emotional distress, but that guy probably shouldn't be their Captain with that level of judgement
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#45]
The dumbfuckery of some people today...
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#46]
He could have been dealing with all kinds of hazing BS leading up to the party. The joke is funny until it’s on you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The dumbfuckery of some people today...
View Quote

Yup. The captain is going to eat shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Juneteenth flags in a bucket of chicken.  jesus christ.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#50]
And Happy Kwanzaa too, cracker motherfuckers.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top