Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/13/2022 2:16:08 AM EDT
Going to make Russia mad!

Twitter links in the article with a bunch videos.

U.S. officials have told The War Zone in the recent past that targets in Crimea are fair game for Ukrainian forces using advanced U.S. weapons. The U.S. sees Crimea as illegally occupied by Russia and no different than the territory it holds in eastern Ukraine. As such, all military targets are fair game, as well as critical infrastructure it relies on to keep its war machine and occupation efforts running.

While some Ukrainian officials claim their military carried out an attack on the base, it is not unheard of for major accidents at Russian ammunition supply depots to occur, although the chances of that being the case are relatively slim in this instance.

However, Novofedorovka is about 124 miles (200 kilometers) from the front lines.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/russian-airbase-in-crimea-erupts-in-massive-explosions
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh no, so sad.

The Largest Russian Air Force loss since ww2 and financially probably about 500 million dollars.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
But whatever they do they are not to use those advanced weapons to attack targets across the border in Russia.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I really fucking worry about how much of the shit we are sending them is winding up the hands of people we really do not want having it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really fucking worry about how much of the shit we are sending them is winding up the hands of people we really do not want having it.
View Quote

I worry that our "borders" are so fucking weak that we may see it used against us in the homeland at some point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any evidence of that, or just parroting Putin-puffer talking points?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But whatever they do they are not to use those advanced weapons to attack targets across the border in Russia.
View Quote

Do you mean like Russia does?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like what?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh no, so sad.

The Largest Russian Air Force loss since ww2 and financially probably about 500 million dollars.
View Quote

Holy shit

I still can't believe how much we feared Russia during the cold war.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, don't get why Moscow isn't being bombarded
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Technically anything within 200 miles of Ukraines original borders are fair game, including Russia and Belarus.  Therefore Ukraine can attack Minsk and Sochi with weapons if they want.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]
US Government and their officials can suck my balls.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Holy shit

View Quote

I think they couldve given us a run for our money conventionally until the mid-late 70s.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I worry that our "borders" are so fucking weak that we may see it used against us in the homeland at some point.
View Quote

small price to pay for Ukraine! GLORY TO HEROES! GLORY TO UKRAINE! SLAVA SLAVA!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't really care. We already gave it to them, they might as well use it to be maximally effective.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Holy shit

View Quote

The Soviet army back then is not what is on show here.

They were really good in some areas, laughably bad in others.

Good? IO. Look at how folks gobble it up.

Bad? Caring about their people.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welp, based on the stuff left to the Taliban, the US government does not share your concern.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m going to get in here quickly, it will soon be overrun by  Russia Stronk morans.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m going to get in here quickly, it will soon be overrun by  Russia Stronk morans.
View Quote

Russia was always going to win. Give it another month, those 1km a month gains will turn into 2km. It's a war of attrition, and Russia emptying prisons shows they can pull it off.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone said a potential negative thing about Ukraine!!

Herp_a_derp_RUSSIAN_SHILLS_herp_a_derp
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering what was abandoned in Afghanistan and given for free to terrorist groups that for sure will use it against the US in their first opportunity, does it really make a difference?

Ukrainians are selling a good part of the stuff they get anyways.  

So, just a bit more to the pile.  I just hope that they are used first against the politicians that decided to abandon and/or send that stuff over there.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder where things will be in a year or two on that front.

Crimea is a big deal, since 2014 since it was used as a staging area for this 2022 assault.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm shocked Moscow isn't getting mail bombs and subway attacks.
Reap what you sow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meanwhile in Afghanistan
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Ukrainians should be sabotaging and blowing up shit all over Mother Russia.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's what Russia gets for not giving our pot head lesbian basketball player back
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Russia was always going to win. Give it another month, those 1km a month gains will turn into 2km. It's a war of attrition, and Russia emptying prisons shows they can pull it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to get in here quickly, it will soon be overrun by  Russia Stronk morans.

Ummmm...   No, I don't think it means that.   I think Russia emptying prisons shows just how desperate they are, and how few options they have to obtain more meat to feed into the Ukrainian grinder.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Hopefully we're keeping a sharp eye on all our CONUS infrastructure.  Certainly seems waaaay too easy to access such things and harm them in a 'non attributable' manner.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm shocked Moscow isn't getting mail bombs and subway attacks.
Reap what you sow.
View Quote

By all accounts the Ukraine invasion or at least the current resuts of same, is not very popular IN Russia.  Directly attacking the populace at THIS point might galvanize support for the war rather than allow its unpopularity to perhaps hasten a withdrawl.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Holy shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no, so sad.

Holy shit

Complete intel blackout, total commitment to Maskirovka disinformation and propaganda programs, deep infiltration of our social and academic institutions coupled with leftover strength from WW2.
It all rotted away but they played to their strengths. But underlying all that were thousands of nukes.
Then there are the "Military-Industrial Complex collusion" conspiracy theories.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]
If only those advance weapon systems included land fired Tomahawk missiles which have just enough range to fuck Moscow and St Petersburg.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Someone said a potential negative thing about Ukraine!!

Herp_a_derp_RUSSIAN_SHILLS_herp_a_derp
View Quote

A lot of these guys on either side cannot fathom a semi in between stance. Its either full on Ukraine dick sucking or Putin dick sucking. They are just incapable of seeing it outside of that
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A lot of these guys on either side cannot fathom a semi in between stance. Its either full on Ukraine dick sucking or Putin dick sucking. They are just incapable of seeing it outside of that
View Quote

I believe that it is morally wrong for Russia to annex foreign countries by force.

I believe that free countries have a responsibility to help Ukraine repel Russia's immoral and internationally illegal actions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Israel
Turkey
Egypt
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
Afghanistan (twice)
Iraq
Ukraine - OMG THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED, SO MUCH RISK
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Fuck that. Hit Moscow already.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do realize that Ukraine already has attacked targets within Russia/Russian soil don't you?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The probability of a terrorist (foreign and domestic) using a box truck packed with ANFO on a soft target far outweighs anyone smuggling small arms and munitions halfway across the globe and smuggling it across our border just to carry out an attack.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The probability of a terrorist (foreign and domestic) using a box truck packed with ANFO on a soft target far outweighs anyone smuggling small arms and munitions halfway across the globe and smuggling it across our border just to carry out an attack.
View Quote

Euro politicians should probably worry that Russia will give a captured Javelin to a domestic terror group. But I don’t like many Euro politicians so I’m not worried.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh no, so sad.

View Quote

Was there loss of planes or just a munitions plant?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Holy shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no, so sad.

Holy shit

Lot of what they said they could do, was overhyped in hindsight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Low end estimates are 9 aircraft destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually If the rooshins wanted to have a chance at interrupting the supply of advanced weapons from the US to the UKR,  employing a an America hating third party to use a jav or a stingy to hit an hvt conus would certainly start that conversation. Lets hope that doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ones? Any idea?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Why don't we stay the fuck out of this shit?

After our 20 years of bullshit wars we just can't fucking stop.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

"Why" would we not want an America hating non state actor to get their hands on something like an advanced MANPAD?

I guarantee you that even the folks greenlighting the supply to the Ukranians think of that possibility
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

They consider that a feature, not a bug.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Fear keeps our govt employed and powerful, we'll just have to have a stronger homeland security force to keep that from happening.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top