Posted: 8/6/2022 1:12:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Lack of fathers in the home.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I understand there is no immobilizer or any other security features so it's like stealing an old 90s Honda Accord.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
pry off the start/stop button, then stick something in and turn.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Dent pulley?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Its pretty easy.

They file down the ignition pin and it goes auto.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#8]
"In 2021, Milwaukee experienced a wave of car thefts officials attributed to a gang called the “Kia Boys.”

Milwaukee officials said the surge in car thefts was due to more youths being out of school and a design flaw in some newer model cars made by Kia and Hyundai that make them easier to steal."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2022/06/30/police-rise-car-thefts-kia-hyundai/7776099001/
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Locks keep honest people honest.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]
"Videos reveal exactly how they're going about it, and it involves peeling back the steering column cover and dismantling the key slot. A USB cable can then be used to turn the ignition tumbler, start the vehicle, and release the steering lock. In turn, this allows the Hyundai or Kia to be driven away and started again at any time using the same cable."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/how-thieves-are-stealing-hyundais-and-kias-with-just-a-usb-cable
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Korea very high twust society. No one stear.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Make grand theft auto a capital crime
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Videos reveal exactly how they're going about it, and it involves peeling back the steering column cover and dismantling the key slot. A USB cable can then be used to turn the ignition tumbler, start the vehicle, and release the steering lock. In turn, this allows the Hyundai or Kia to be driven away and started again at any time using the same cable."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/how-thieves-are-stealing-hyundais-and-kias-with-just-a-usb-cable
View Quote
Disappointing.  I thought the USB thing was some kind of technology thing. Hopefully YouTube doesn't teach them that prettyuch all vehicles that don't have some kind of RFID type key thing can be stolen with a flathead screwdriver the same way.  Old used cars are valuable right now
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lack of fathers in the home.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#15]
It's not USB, it's a flatedge surface.  Pull off panel, insert slotted screwdriver, flashdrive, soda can tab.

Most kiaboys use a usb flashdrive because they cheaper than a screwdriver.

I could steal one with the side of my house key.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's not USB, it's a flatedge surface.  Pull off panel, insert slotted screwdriver, flashdrive, soda can tab.

Most kiaboys use a usb flashdrive because they cheaper than a screwdriver.

I could steal one with the side of my house key.
View Quote

The USB cable is usually just laying there to charge the owners phone.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:50:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Make grand theft auto a capital crime
View Quote

In MKE, they stopped pursuits.  Kia boyz abandon the car after the joyride, then steal another the next day.  DA don't charge juvies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#19]
For the street cred.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Dodge Chargers, Rams, Challengers, and Jeeps are easy to hack and steal too. Buddy of mine had a Hellcat. He was gone for a weekend and came back to his car parked in a sightly different position, and then later realized about 400 miles had gotten put on it.

Turns out someone had hacked it and went on a 400 mile joyride for a weekend. He had the location data in the uconnect app to prove it, but couldn't get anyone to believe him.  

So he sold it.

HOW EASY IT IS TO STEAL ANY MOPAR, HELLCAT, RAM, JEEP, IN SECONDS. EVEN AFTER UPDATE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top