Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/27/2022 10:56:31 AM EDT
The job descriptions at CHANI, a queer- and feminist-led company that makes a popular astrology app, list a variety of perks to entice potential employees: salaries starting at $80,000 a year, an annual tech stipend, a nice 401(k) match and four months of paid parental leave. The Los Angeles-based company also offers a more unusual benefit: “unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses.”

The policy is one example of a growing push to eliminate the taboo around periods and recognize the physical discomforts menstruation can cause. “It’s incredibly painful to have a uterus, and yet from a young age, we’re taught to push through this pain and keep working,” said Sonya Passi, the company’s CEO.

Menstrual leave isn’t common in the United States, but it exists elsewhere around the globe: Spain is about to become the first Western country to offer menstrual leave, allowing women with severe pain to stay home three days per month. And such policies have long existed in countries including Japan, China, Indonesia and Zambia. But, U.S. legal and labor experts noted, it’s a complicated issue with many possible ramifications.
CHANI implemented its menstrual leave policy so that employees don’t have to deplete sick or vacation hours “to deal with a fact of life,” she said. “Folks just need to let their supervisor know as soon as they decide to take the menstrual leave, and it’s an automatic yes — there isn’t an approval process.” About 60 percent of the company’s employees have used the policy at least once, Passi noted.
View Quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/05/25/menstrual-leave-spain-paid-benefits/
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I am retired but I would have sliced my taint and said I was having my period if it meant I could get a three day weekend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a benefit for men.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses? What if I buy one in a jar?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's rasist
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I should be offered leave for having to deal with women in the work Place
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Whats their stance on men having periods...like the msm tells me
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Totally not sexist.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
This is now a PMS thread.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Well shit if there was ever a reason to pretend to be transsexual at work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. In the New World Order, the policy is sexist if men can't also take time off for periods. I, for one, am offended.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does that mean productivity goes up at work?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Does pissing blood count?

Hope it doesn't get challenged at the Supreme Court level.  The token justice can't even define what a woman is, let alone a period!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Totally not sexist.
View Quote

Well, men and women can have periods, so it’s not sexist.

But abortion is a women’s rights issue and men should leave their uteruses alone.

But wait, men can have uteruses also, so abortion is a men’s rights issue and women should leave men’s bodies alone…?

WE NEED A BIOLOGIST IN HERE!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]
So if 60% of the woman working there have used it once or twice. Does not sound like a big deal to just take a few days off when needed, no need to have a policy. I really thought thats what pto and sick time was for.

I would try to get a job there then ask for a 1% raise to compensate me for not having the take off the days, then let them fire me for being "whatever" then sue.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trannys or REAL men?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#17]
For equal rights I insist that men can take paid time off every time a woman gives the man a migraine.
Or when the weather is nice enough to go fishing.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am retired but I would have sliced my taint and said I was having my period if it meant I could get a three day weekend.
View Quote

This kind of dedication is rare and gives me hope for future generations.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#19]
There certainly some men here who should qualify for it, as they are perpetually on the rag.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, men and women can have periods, so it’s not sexist.

But abortion is a women’s rights issue and men should leave their uteruses alone.

But wait, men can have uteruses also, so abortion is a men’s rights issue and women should leave men’s bodies alone…?

WE NEED A BIOLOGIST IN HERE!!!
View Quote

No biologist needed.  It sounds like you have it down correctly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's fucking hilarious ??
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#22]
My paycheck is so thin, I can only afford Taco Bell.

Can I get some leve for post-chalupa syndrome?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Another way we'll have to carry the dead weight at the office. Just great.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Article says it's for "people with a uterus".  That's their code for women who dress up as men, so in their worldview yes "some men" will be eligible for the leave.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So if 60% of the woman working there have used it once or twice. Does not sound like a big deal to just take a few days off when needed, no need to have a policy. I really thought thats what pto and sick time was for.

I would try to get a job there then ask for a 1% raise to compensate me for not having the take off the days, then let them fire me for being "whatever" then sue.
View Quote
That's what my thought was sounds like what sick pay is.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Sooo...  Are they confirming women are the weaker sex and can't do everything a man can do?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses? What if I buy one in a jar?
View Quote
That's the beauty of it,you just have to claim you are a woman and your testes are in reality a uterus

Men can bleed

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#29]
not sure I see a downside to this.  where I work, it's basically already in place anyway since we have unlimited sick and vacation time.  the problem only comes in when it's abused, like anything else.  up to the manager to determine if it's being abused and escalate it to HR.  people that work at a good job/career don't abuse the privilege's in large numbers that I've seen.  I guess at some places they do but I haven't seen an issue so far.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I dont think its a bad idea.  The severity of period pain varies tremendously between women.  I also dont give a shit if it ends up getting abused. Nobody’s job is that important they cant miss a few days a month.  Im sure some of you think that but ultimately it doesn’t make a hill of beans difference.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Trannys or REAL men?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trannys or REAL men?

Trannys can leak fluid
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I dont think its a bad idea.  The severity of period pain varies tremendously between women.  I also dont give a shit if it ends up getting abused. Nobody’s job is that important they cant miss a few days a month.  Im sure some of you think that but ultimately it doesn’t make a hill of beans difference.
View Quote

So what happens when women crews all synch up those so called periods?.....

Sorry Pooty poot....the other duty calls...see ya in three - five?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

True. Some women have conditions like PMDD or menorrhea that are truly debilitating. Give me an equivalent amount of leave each month and I will surely not complain.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I dont think its a bad idea.  The severity of period pain varies tremendously between women.  I also dont give a shit if it ends up getting abused. Nobody's job is that important they cant miss a few days a month.  Im sure some of you think that but ultimately it doesn't make a hill of beans difference.
View Quote

So up to 36 days off, plus maybe 20 standard vacation days. Over a ~250 day work year, effectively working 4 out of 5 days. Of course, when this inevitably exacerbates pay differences between men and women, it'll be used as proof the system is rigged.

In aggregate, how could a group of people habitually working 10-15% less than another expect the same rate of promotions, salary increases, etc?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Next it'll be pink sock sabbatical.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For equal rights I insist that men can take paid time off every time a woman gives the man a migraine.
Or when the weather is nice enough to go fishing.

View Quote

Blue Balls Leave.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So up to 36 days off, plus maybe 20 standard vacation days. Over a ~250 day work year, effectively working 4 out of 5 days. Of course, when this inevitably exacerbates pay differences between men and women, it'll be used as proof the system is rigged.

In aggregate, how could a group of people habitually working 10-15% less than another expect the same rate of promotions, salary increases, etc?
View Quote

Give everyone a 4 day week. Next question.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Heavy flow
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#41]
What about women that have had a hysterectomy? Tell them "sorry about your luck, PTO request denied."
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Equal pay for 3/4 work?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Moses did it first. . .just saying.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Equal pay for 3/4 work?
View Quote

Why do you hate teachers educators?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Can male coworkers take Flo leave if they don't want to deal with their female coworkers who won't take Flo leave?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind... I'll be good
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#49]
what if i identify as having a uterus?

is an uterus grammatically correct? sounds wrong.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

don't like it, work somewhere else.  

Plenty of places looking for you workaholics at minimum wage.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top